2017 NFL Offseason: Firin', hirin', signin', draftin'!

CS85

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, 2001mark said:

AFC East has nearly been one giant bye week since 2001 for the Patriots.

(bow)

we've had 15 seasons of the current divisional structure. The Patriots are 70-20 against the AFC East. They've won the division every year except 2002 and 2008. They average 4.6666 wins in the division every year. Not saying the Patriots aren't good, but their division hasn't exactly stood in their way over the years and they've had more home playoff games as a result. Basically the Jets, Dolphins, and Bills need to get their acts together. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

You can't exactly expect New England to continue their domination after Brady and Belichick are gone. I'm not sure if the other three teams (though I'm confident in Miami) can get to a winning level, but the same can be said for New England staying at their level. They aren't going to be #1 forever.

1 hour ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

You can't exactly expect New England to continue their domination after Brady and Belichick are gone.

I don't know. Why not? Robert Kraft has proven he's more capable of building a winning football team than Woody Johnson, Stephen Ross, and Terrance Pegula have. 

Part of the reason for the Pats' divisional dominance is due to the ineptitude of the three other teams' ownership.

16 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

I don't know. Why not? Robert Kraft has proven he's more capable of building a winning football team than Woody Johnson, Stephen Ross, and Terrance Pegula have. 

Part of the reason for the Pats' divisional dominance is due to the ineptitude of the three other teams' ownership.

It's true.  Part of being a great owner is picking great people and letting them do their jobs.  It's not like Kraft is a football genius (maybe he is, I have no idea) but he doesn't have to be.  He just needs to be good at owning, which consists of supporting your employees and providing your management with the resources they need to get their jobs done.  So many owners simply aren't good - either they're too hands on or the meddle, or they are cheap, or they hire incompetent people.

That being said, based on how he sounded at the SB, I'm not sure how many more years Kraft has left at the helm.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

47 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Like I said... dominance doesn't last forever. You can be good, but other teams will catch up eventually. They won't win their division for eternity.

That's any team, any league and any era. You can't run the table forever. The game changes, players retire, coaches leave. It's the up and down nature of sports. Look at this years NHL draft, the top 10 teams, hell the top 3 teams. Teams like the Devils, Flyers, Stars, Avalanche, Redwings were all powerhouses of the 90s and 2000s. From 1995 to 2003, The Devils, Avalanche, Redwings and Stars had a vice grip on the Stanley Cup. The Wings managed to even extend their shelf life all the way into 2008 where they won a cup and lost the following season. Now they are all picking in the top 10 of the draft. 

It'll happen to the Patriots when Brady and co, leaves. It's the cyclical nature of sports. 

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

5 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

That being said, based on how he sounded at the SB, I'm not sure how many more years Kraft has left at the helm.

He's going to die at the wheel because his son probably would have been dumb enough to buy fyre festival tickets if he was into that sort of things.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

13 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Essentially replacing John Lynch.  

I actually think Jay will do pretty good at this, maybe after an initial adjustment period.  It's really up to him.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I read that it's  been confirmed that the Eagles and Saints are in early discussions about a deal that would send Mark Ingram to PHL. 

1. Is he any good?

2. Has this been mentioned anywhere? I read it on a blog, but it cited Ian Rapaport (I think) as source. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

19 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I read that it's  been confirmed that the Eagles and Saints are in early discussions about a deal that would send Mark Ingram to PHL. 

1. Is he any good?

2. Has this been mentioned anywhere? I read it on a blog, but it cited Ian Rapaport (I think) as source. 

Getting Ingram certainly wouldn't hurt the Eagles. He ran for over 1,000 yards this past season, if I'm not mistaken. More of a power back but would compliment Sproles really well.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

1. Is he any good?

Looks like the Saints are looking to shed salary since they're still in cap hell.  They have Peterson for likely a season (and good luck getting 16 games out of him), and they also drafted a RB.

He's alright.  You could do worse.

13 minutes ago, HedleyLamarr said:

Looks like the Saints are looking to shed salary since they're still in cap hell.  They have Peterson for likely a season (and good luck getting 16 games out of him), and they also drafted a RB.

He's alright.  You could do worse.

If they trade for Jason Kelce, the Saints actually ADD an extra $1M in salary compared to keeping Ingram, plus Kelce is signed through 2020 while Ingram just to 2018.

His YPC is over 4.1, but the reality is he, like all recent Alabama RBs, gave his best years to Nick Saban for free.

Archived