2017 NFL Offseason: Firin', hirin', signin', draftin'!

CS85

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jets cut Marshall at his request.  He's going to join Alshon Jeffery in a pathetic ring-chase adventure with New England or some other top-flight organization because they're tired of losing and would much rather just be handed their championships, please.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Yeah guys should sign with crappy teams and be miserable coming to work every day. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

16 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Yeah guys should sign with crappy teams and be miserable coming to work every day. 

I've always hated free agents aligning like this.  The NBA obviously is now defined by it. 

I'm not saying Alshon should take a pay cut to stay w/ the awful Bears - nobody should want to be a Bear right now - I just hate that I feel as if he and Marshall coordinated this so they could cherry pick their organization.  

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

42 minutes ago, CS85 said:

Has to be some of that fake news... right? RIGHT!?

In all seriousness though... I hope this never sees the light of day. If only the Redskins were as cash happy as they were back when they signed the wonderful Albert Haynesworth, this problem wouldn't be here.

Everyone in Phila is hyped up about them possibly getting WR Cooks from New Orleans.  Never heard of him - is he good?  Worth a 1st?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Everyone in Phila is hyped up about them possibly getting WR Cooks from New Orleans.  Never heard of him - is he good?  Worth a 1st?

He would either have huge games or not show up at all, so he's pretty inconsistent. You could factor how Brees has been playing, sharing targets with two to three other WR's, or himself. It's hard to tell how reliable he'll be with Wentz and the Eagles' offense.

On 3/1/2017 at 5:07 AM, DNAsports said:

Rumor has it the Redskins want a huge return for Kirk Cousins if they decide to trade him. Knowing how bogus the team can be, I would expect they want at least two 1st round picks.

Piggybacking off that and going into the GM mindset, I'd tell teams I'd want two 1st round picks and one of your top safeties.

Also, it's weird that the Redskins won't give Cousins what he wants considering they have a money happy history with big name free agents.

I've accepted that I will never understand any decision made by the Redskins. Last year, they were willing to pay whatever it took to get a single high quality cornerback ($75 million over five years), so one would reasonably conclude that Washington is in a "win now" mode. Now they're willing to trade their 28 year old franchise quarterback...which would seem to suggest that they don't think he's a long term solution and it's time to rebuild.

There's some rumor that they're trying to get Tony Romo out of this on a three way trade, but I can't see Jerry Jones allowing that to happen. All this is doing is pissing off Cousins and probably making that ridiculous Norman contract utterly pointless. If you're going to spend that much money on a corner, you should probably have your long term future at the most important position locked down.

rsz_screen_shot_2017-02-13_at_32545_pm.png

Well, some writer in Green Bay tried to justify Adrian Peterson's treatment of his son by claiming it was learned behavior because Peterson is descended from slaves and slave masters savagely beat their slaves.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/pattisonave/Columnist-claims-Adrian-Peterson-likely-descended-from-slaves-.html

25 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Well, some writer in Green Bay tried to justify Adrian Peterson's treatment of his son by claiming it was learned behavior because Peterson is descended from slaves and slave masters savagely beat their slaves.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/pattisonave/Columnist-claims-Adrian-Peterson-likely-descended-from-slaves-.html

Welp, that's one way to get your writing some attention.

rsz_screen_shot_2017-02-13_at_32545_pm.png

22 hours ago, CS85 said:

Rapoport has lived in the Metroplex for at least four years, but when it comes to Cowboys news, he misses much more than he hits.

Romo's agent likely sent him a text just to stir the rumor mill.

On 3/3/2017 at 3:15 PM, DNAsports said:

Has to be some of that fake news... right? RIGHT!?

In all seriousness though... I hope this never sees the light of day. If only the Redskins were as cash happy as they were back when they signed the wonderful Albert Haynesworth, this problem wouldn't be here.

Yeah, complete conjecture. Rapoport is literally just making that up. The Cowboys would never trade Romo to an NFC East rival. Or another NFC team, actually. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

4 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

The writer's implication that savagely beating one's children has been memetically passed down since slavery is a little weird, buuuuuut isn't this just relitigating similar arguments from the time of the incident, that corporal punishment persists more in southern/black communities than it does elsewhere?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

34 minutes ago, the admiral said:

The writer's implication that savagely beating one's children has been memetically passed down since slavery is a little weird, buuuuuut isn't this just relitigating similar arguments from the time of the incident, that corporal punishment persists more in southern/black communities than it does elsewhere?

Even if that's true (which I'm not sure about) is there any way to actually trace it back to behaviors that their ancestors learned (and passed down) from their days as slaves?  Even if yes, does that excuse it or actually make it worse?  

Is it even reasonable to assume that a black guy from Texas comes from former slaves?  Is it reasonable to generalize that southern blacks in general all come from slaves?  

EDIT: a very quick google search suggests that around 80% of blacks in the US are in fact descended from Africans brought over as slaves.  That number shocks me, and leads to a whole host of other questions.

Archived