5. Truex Jr.

6. Jones

7. Bowyer

8. Suarez

9. Blaney

10. Logano

Stage 1 winner: Truex Jr.

Stage 2 winner: Kyle Busch

Toyota dominance, whether it was Truex or Kyle Busch, it was just complete dominance for Toyota. Kyle surviving the big smokescreen but a pretty hard day for his brother & Kevin Harvick. However, Austin Dillon, Ryan Newman, Kasey Kahne & Kurt Busch, face elimination unless they win or something drastic happen.

Next up, Dover & first round of elimination.

baltimoreravens.png

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bumping for Dover:

1. Kyle Busch

2. Elliott

3. Johnson

4. Truex Jr.

5. Larson

6. Bowyer

7. Earnhardt Jr.

8. Suarez

9. McMurray

10. Keselowski

Stage 1 winner: Keselowski

Stage 2 winner: Larson

Chase was so close but so far. Rowdy just kept building momentum & it paid off. That was a tough race. Dillon, Kahne, Newman & Kurt Busch were eliminated from the first round.

Next up, round 2 begins in Charlotte.

Heads up, Hendrick will show off their 2018 paint schemes this Thursday

Announcement-Image_00449.thumb.png.f9a9c739ee14e1ad1922df6c7927b73e.png

baltimoreravens.png

7 hours ago, rvrdgsfn said:

Bumping for Dover:

1. Kyle Busch

2. Elliott

3. Johnson

4. Truex Jr.

5. Larson

6. Bowyer

7. Earnhardt Jr.

8. Suarez

9. McMurray

10. Keselowski

Stage 1 winner: Keselowski

Stage 2 winner: Larson

Chase was so close but so far. Rowdy just kept building momentum & it paid off. That was a tough race. Dillon, Kahne, Newman & Kurt Busch were eliminated from the first round.

Next up, round 2 begins in Charlotte.

Heads up, Hendrick will show off their 2018 paint schemes this Thursday

Announcement-Image_00449.thumb.png.f9a9c739ee14e1ad1922df6c7927b73e.png

It's still interesting to me that Hendrick got rid of the 5, his first ever number in NASCAR.

11 hours ago, Justin7218 said:

It's still interesting to me that Hendrick got rid of the 5, his first ever number in NASCAR.

I wish they would get rid of the 24 and 88 all together and start fresh with these young drivers. Run the 5, 9, 48 (until Jimmie retires) and some other number.

4 hours ago, buckeye said:

I wish they would get rid of the 24 and 88 all together and start fresh with these young drivers. Run the 5, 9, 48 (until Jimmie retires) and some other number.

They could go with the old 25 that Craven or Vickers used to drive. Or, if you REALLY wanted to start fresh, get rid of the 5 as well and renumber everything but the 48. Have, say, 9 for Elliott, 48 for Johnson, an unused number for Bowman, and another unused number for Byron.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

6 hours ago, buckeye said:

1 hour ago, stumpygremlin said:

They could go with the old 25 that Craven or Vickers used to drive. Or, if you REALLY wanted to start fresh, get rid of the 5 as well and renumber everything but the 48. Have, say, 9 for Elliott, 48 for Johnson, an unused number for Bowman, and another unused number for Byron.

If these situations were to happen, I was thinking that Elliott gets the 9, Johnson stays in the 48, Bowman gets the 25, and Byron gets the 44.

11 hours ago, mcj882000 said:

Yates was a legendary owner who had some of the best drivers in NASCAR history in his stable. Davey, Jarrett, Rudd, and good, steady drivers like Irvan and Elliott Sadler. He helped make the 28 a legendary car number.

He will be sorely missed; and at least he got to see his name up in lights one more time when he got inducted to the upcoming NASCAR Hall of Fame class.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Well, a bit of news & notes:

We have the final design for the Roval for next year in Charlotte:

phpThumb.jpg.1e9b9648e6a41bf483d49c9037ca3a27.jpg

Plus we got a look at the new paint schemes for Hendrick in 2018 with the new Chevrolet Camaro ZL1

Chase Elliot:

CX91822NACLSF-1-1.jpg.ab367427ea5ff9690ea946b783a6182c.jpg

William Byron:

C241822ALWBSF-1.jpg.4e3cbd62c668fdb073c213610d9aa355.jpg

Jimmie Johnson:

C481822LOJJ8GC-1.jpg.83326d09636f347f144e792658bbc8af.jpg

Alex Bowman:

C881822NWALLQ-1.jpg.bb5892e69faa0edaab35ade92e47b7fb.jpg

In all honesty, I'm digging how the cars look. Glad to see the Flames come back to the 24 & the 48 going with a bit of a darker look. I like the 9 & the 88 as well.

baltimoreravens.png

It is so weird seeing someone else in the 24 car, especially now that it will have flames again, and the 3 as well, that's still weird. Now Dale Jr won't be in the 88 and that will be weird to get over too.

I think Chase's current NAPA scheme looks better.  The 48 doesn't do anything for me.  I've always loved that 24 scheme but I really wish Liberty University wasn't going to be a sponsor.  I do like that 88 but I like the silver numbers on the current one.

IUe6Hvh.png

Results from Charlotte:

1. Truex Jr.

2. Elliott

3. Harvick

4. Hamlin

5. McMurray

6. Suarez

7. Johnson

8. Blaney

9. Kahne

10. Larson

Stage 1 & 2 winner: Harvick

Even a strong run for Harvick the whole time wasn't good enough to contend with the dominant nature that Truex is having. Rough day for Kyle Busch as well after having a good car, smacked the wall. Plus with the humidity down there & seeing him down on the ground, you can tell that this was an exhausting race.

Next up: Talladega

baltimoreravens.png

What a season for Truex. He's definitely my pick for the championship. As a Kyle fan, I'd love for him to win his second title, but I don't think Kyle, or anybody else, will be able to beat Truex for this championship. He's having a phenomenal year, and I don't think anyone or anything will prevent him from taking home the title.

Fun Fact: Truex won three races from 2006 to 2015. From 2016 to 2017, he's won ten.

Unfortunately because of this bull :censored: format, Truex will probably lose everything because he'll get a caught up in a wreck at Homestead or some race before that. 

As much as I have always liked Truex, part of me kind of wants that to happen so even more people can laugh at the pathetic joke NASCAR has became, as they scramble to explain someone like Chase Elliott or Matt Kenseth being their "Champion". 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

1 hour ago, ozzyman314 said:

Unfortunately because of this bull :censored: format, Truex will probably lose everything because he'll get a caught up in a wreck at Homestead or some race before that. 

As much as I have always liked Truex, part of me kind of wants that to happen so even more people can laugh at the pathetic joke NASCAR has became, as they scramble to explain someone like Chase Elliott or Matt Kenseth being their "Champion". 

I'm rooting for chaos. The most chaotic "champion" would be J. McMurray. Especially if he points his way into each successive round and then wins a championship without winning a race.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

9 minutes ago, stumpygremlin said:

I'm rooting for chaos. The most chaotic "champion" would be J. McMurray. Especially if he points his way into each successive round and then wins a championship without winning a race.

back in......2014 I think? I was hoping Newman would win at Homestead, or just place high enough that he would win the championship without having won a single race. LOL

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

26 minutes ago, ozzyman314 said:

back in......2014 I think? I was hoping Newman would win at Homestead, or just place high enough that he would win the championship without having won a single race. LOL

Yep. Newman pointed his way into Homestead and finished 2nd in the race, and would've won if Harvick didn't win the race. I honestly wanted it to happen just because of the huge middle finger it would be to NASCAR after their new format was made to "increase the meaning of winning"

ExJworW.png

Landon Cassill will not return to Front Row Motorsports in 2018, according to Jeff Gluck. 

Cassill's time hasn't been the greatest experience. Since coming on board with FRM in 2016, Cassill's stats are:

• 66 Races
  • 14 Lead-lap Finishes
  • Best Finish: 11th (Talladega, Spring 2016)
  • 32 Laps Led (20 in 2016, all at the Spring Bristol Race)
  • 6 DNFs (5 in 2017)
  • Avg Finish: 26th

Not the best stats. It's not entirely his fault, as FRM is a pretty underfunded team despite some of the most loyal sponsors in the sport.

I think we can rule out Danica and Kenseth taking over the 34, as both are looking for "competitive" rides. One name that was thrown out on social media was Michael McDowell, who could bring in K-LOVE as a sponsor, though I'm not sure how committed their relationship is with Leavine Family and the 95 (K-LOVE seems to fit McDowell much more than they would with Kahne, though).

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

On 08/10/2017 at 6:17 PM, stumpygremlin said:

Considering the whole reason the Chase was instituted was to prevent someone from winning a championship with just a single race win like Matt Kenseth did*, someone like Jamie Mac winning a Chase-era championship without winning a single race would be the greatest irony.

* - an overblown "controversy" IMO anyways - does nobody in NASCAR remember Alan Kulwicki winning one of the greatest championship seasons with just 2 wins?

Archived