5. Almirola

6. Hamlin

7. Earnhardt Jr.

8. Kahne

9 . Gaulding

10. Ragan

Stage 1 winner: Keselowski

Stage 2 winner: Blaney

As always, this was a crazy but typical Talladega race & it was awesome! Junior managed to survive 3 crazy wrecks, took out a lot of contenders. Chase almost had another chance before he wrecked, Blaney & Larson as well but Keselowski had a fast car all day. Kenseth, Kyle Busch, McMurray & Stenhouse Jr. are in the bottom 4.

Next up, Kansas

On 10/11/2017 at 3:55 PM, stumpygremlin said:

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2017/10/11/furniture-row-racing-statement-on-no-77-team-for-2018/

Also officially confirmed was what was long suspected: no 77 team for 2018.

Well, we now know where 5 hour energy is going... Back to Furniture Row Racing with Martin Truex Jr.

http://www.espn.com/jayski/cup/2017/story/_/id/21024730/bass-pro-shops-5-hour-energy-sponsor-truex-jr-30-races

DMMJic7VAAALXXw.jpg.118ed248fcead3b777a5cbe851e7dcb7.jpg

baltimoreravens.png

13 hours ago, rvrdgsfn said:

Well, we now know where 5 hour energy is going... Back to Furniture Row Racing with Martin Truex Jr.

http://www.espn.com/jayski/cup/2017/story/_/id/21024730/bass-pro-shops-5-hour-energy-sponsor-truex-jr-30-races

DMMJic7VAAALXXw.jpg.118ed248fcead3b777a5cbe851e7dcb7.jpg

Didn't 5-Hour Energy have to stay with FRR if they wanted to stay in the sport at all, by rule? I remember reading that since the sport's title sponsor is a competitor.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

Results from Kansas:

1.  Truex Jr.

2. Kurt Busch

3. Blaney

4. Elliott

5. Hamlin

6. Buescher

7. Earnhardt Jr.

8. Harvick

9. Almirola

10. Kyle Busch

Stage 1 winner: Kyle Busch

Stage 2 winner: Hamlin

Truex has 6 wins in 1.5 mile tracks & broke a record & has won 7 races this season. Truex Jr. coming back from a penalty & some car issues & the  unexpected loss of a crew member last night, Turex wins again. Heartbreak for Kyle Larson, Matt Kenseth, Rickey Stenhouse Jr. & Jamie McMurray as they have been eliminated, Larson with engine trouble & Kenseth was disqualified for having 7 guys servicing his car.

Next up, Round 3 begins in Martinsville

baltimoreravens.png

On 10/16/2017 at 8:47 AM, stumpygremlin said:

Didn't 5-Hour Energy have to stay with FRR if they wanted to stay in the sport at all, by rule? I remember reading that since the sport's title sponsor is a competitor.

Well, it's probably "grandfathered" claused in. That's probably the case, it may only be able to sponsor Truex right now; if they want to sponsor anyone in the Cup Series.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

8 hours ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

Well, it's probably "grandfathered" claused in. That's probably the case, it may only be able to sponsor Truex right now; if they want to sponsor anyone in the Cup Series.

Right, similar to how Cingular and Alltel were grandfathered in when Sprint took over title sponsorship. Apparently, there was a big controversy when Cingular merged with AT&T, as NASCAR didn't want RCR to put AT&T logos on Robby Gordon's car. They settled.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

Bubba's going to be the first full-time African-American driving at the top circuit in NASCAR in almost 50 years (Wendell Scott in 1971).

Coincidentally, both Bubba and Scott are the only African-Americans to actually win a race in NASCAR, and I know how happy Scott's descendants were when Bubba won at Martinsville a few years ago.

Good for him.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

2 hours ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

Bubba's going to be the first full-time African-American driving at the top circuit in NASCAR in almost 50 years (Wendell Scott in 1971).

Coincidentally, both Bubba and Scott are the only African-Americans to actually win a race in NASCAR, and I know how happy Scott's descendants were when Bubba won at Martinsville a few years ago.

Good for him.

Let me reiterate this...the first black Cup Series driver in so long...will be driving the most famous car in Cup Series history.

THAT, to me, is the major accomplishment.

bYhYmxh.png

3 hours ago, MBurmy said:

Let me reiterate this...the first black Cup Series driver in so long...will be driving the most famous car in Cup Series history.

THAT, to me, is the major accomplishment.

It is a huge accomplishment. However, I'd couch the "driving the most famous car" bit. He's not driving the 43 as it was in Petty's prime. The 43, as it stands now, is hardly the most famous car on today's circuit (see 88, 78, or 48).

I'd argue that the most famous car of all time is the STP-branded 43 Dodge that was driven by Petty in his prime. It's not that car that Bubba's driving.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

1 hour ago, ozzyman314 said:

So if Bubba's going to be in the 43, where's Aric Almirola going? 

For whatever reason, I always liked him. (probably because we share the same B-day). 

Smithfield is supposed to be going to SHR, and I could've sworn I read somewhere Aric was going to chase the sponsorship down the rabbit hole to SHR.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

12 minutes ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

Smithfield is supposed to be going to SHR, and I could've sworn I read somewhere Aric was going to chase the sponsorship down the rabbit hole to SHR.

That's good for him. Maybe he'll actually accomplish something more than a Rained out "win" in the Cup Series. 

Unfortunately RPM just isn't one of those competitive teams. 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

Results from Martinsville:

1. Kyle Busch

2. Truex Jr.

3. Bowyer

4. Keselowski

5. Harvick

6. Bayne

7. Hamlin

8. Blaney

9. Kenseth

10. Stenhouse Jr.

Stage 1 & 2 winner: Keselowski

Another short tempered race at Martinsville. Chase had a strong car until Denny bumped him out of it. The fact that the 2 didn't throw fists at each other is surprising. I had a feeling it was going to be either Keselowski or Kyle. It was a wild finish but this is Martinsville.

Next up Texas.

baltimoreravens.png

Archived