5. Keselwoski

6. Logano

7. Blaney

8. Elliott

9. Kurt Busch

10. Jones

Stage 1 winner: Harvick

Stage 2 winner: Larson

The closer strikes again. Harvick had a good car & thanks to traffic, was able to get past Truex. Harvick just punched his ticket to Homestead as does Truex due to points. I still think Harvick is my dark horse to win it all, although its going to be hard to stop Truex. Johnson, Elliott, Hamlin & Blaney are in the bottom 4.

Next up Phoenix

Well, getting to Kenseth, in all honesty, I'm not surprised & its a bummer that he has nothing to drive next year. Maybe it'll be a year or maybe it will be like Biffle. I also kind of seeing the same thing happen to Danica, there were rumors that she was going to Roush but they basically shot that down. Speaking of driver moves, Stewart Haas is supposed to name their new driver & it looks like Aric Almirola will be driving the 10.

I just kind of tuned out when Truex took the lead until Harvick made the pass. This season has been kinda boring with Truex being so dominant.

In my ideal world, I'd love for there to be about 24 different winners (this year, has had 14) and about 37 drivers with a top 10 (this year has had 33). That way, you can go into a race and feel like at least 35 of the 40 cars have a real legitimate shot of winning each week. I don't like going into a race knowing that, say, McDowell, Whitt, DiBenedetto, Buescher, Allmendinger, Almirola, Ragan, Cassill, Gaulding, LaJoie, Cope, Sorenson, J. Earnhardt, Long (when he runs), Hill (when he runs), Gase (when he runs), McLeod (when he runs), and T. Dillon have no real shot of winning a given race. That's 18 drivers that could compete in a given race that have no shot.

Call me crazy, but I'd love to know that any car on the track has a real shot at winning.

That's nice. 

I look forward to hearing how he does. Aric was always one of my favorite "dark horse" drivers. I was happy when he "won" at Daytona a year or 2 ago. 

Hopefully with a good team & equipment (sorry RPM), he just might be able to squeak out a real win. 

At the very least SHR's car replacement bill should go down. LOL

Almirola is at least better than Danica, there's that. XD

I had a feeling the Silly Season rumor of Aric chasing the Smithfield sponsorship to SHR was going to happen. It kind of felt right.

6 hours ago, Justin7218 said:

It's been confirmed. Aric Almirola to SHR to drive the 10.

ARIC ALMIROLA 10.jpg

But where's Pork Chop!?

Results from Phoenix:

1. Kenseth

2. Elliott

3. Truex Jr.

4. Jones

5. Harvick

6. McMurray

7. Kyle Busch

8.  Stenhouse Jr.

9. Almirola

10. Earnhardt Jr.

Stage 1 winner: Larson

Stage 2 winner: Hamlin

Both stage winners knocked out of the race. Chase once again finishes in 2nd while Kenseth finally gets a win, its a shame he doesn't have a ride next season. Brad Keselowski advances with Kyle Busch, Martin Truex Jr. & Kevin Harvick.

Next up Miami for the finale.

Monster cup 4:
Harvick

Kyle Busch

Truex Jr.

Keselowski

Xfinity 4:

Byron

Algaier

Sadler

Hemric

Camping World 4:

Sauter

Bell

Crafton

Cindric

Pretty impressive to have 3 out of 4 Jr Motorsports cars in the Xfinity finale. Mainly due to other teams shuffling MENCS drivers in and out of rides, but still something to be proud of.

Danica will do the Daytona 500 & Indianapolis 500 next year, Sunday will be her last time as a full time driver.