Needschat    124

Dale Jr AND Alex Bowman were both eligible for the Clash.  Junior decided to let Alex have the ride: He deserved it.

DNAsports    488

Joey Logano wins The Clash at Daytona after a last lap crash between Denny Hamlin and Brad Keselowski. 

Kyle Busch lands second and Alex Bowman gets third.

Side Note: the switch from Miss Sprint Cup to the Monster Energy Girls is... interesting.

mr.nascar13    652

Chase Elliott will lead the field to green next Sunday for the second consecutive year, while Dale Earnhardt Jr. will start second. 

DNAsports    488
24 minutes ago, mr.nascar13 said:

Chase Elliott will lead the field to green next Sunday for the second consecutive year, while Dale Earnhardt Jr. will start second. 

Third straight year for #24

Third straight year for Crew Chief Alan Gustafson

Here's to hoping 3rd time is a charm.

cubsfan2015    111
20 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Side Note: the switch from Miss Sprint Cup to the Monster Energy Girls is... interesting.

It's more than interesting. It's appalling in my eyes.

dont care    1,439
1 hour ago, cubsfan2015 said:

It's more than interesting. It's appalling in my eyes.

I wouldn't call them appalling, it's definitely not what we are used to with the girls being in driving suits, but it isn't awful. I know I've seen girls wearing way less on race weekends before. Especially in those promotion booths outside the racetracks

I was convinced Junior was going to win the Pole; but Chase snatched it from him at the last possible second.

Chase becomes the first driver since Ken Schrader (1988-1990) to win the 500 Pole in consecutive seasons.

cubsfan2015    111
3 hours ago, dont care said:

I wouldn't call them appalling, it's definitely not what we are used to with the girls being in driving suits, but it isn't awful. I know I've seen girls wearing way less on race weekends before. Especially in those promotion booths outside the racetracks

I just think that women wearing that sort of stuff is stupid. It's like a year long subscription to the Swimsuit Issue kinda.

3 hours ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

I was convinced Junior was going to win the Pole; but Chase snatched it from him at the last possible second.

Chase becomes the first driver since Ken Schrader (1988-1990) to win the 500 Pole in consecutive seasons.

I was hoping that Clint could do it;but alas Chase got it again.

On the note of Kenny Schrader,is he still racing?

14 minutes ago, cubsfan2015 said:

I believe Kenny was in the field for last year's Truck race in Eldora.

dont care    1,439
7 minutes ago, cubsfan2015 said:

I just think that women wearing that sort of stuff is stupid. It's like a year long subscription to the Swimsuit Issue kinda.

I was hoping that Clint could do it;but alas Chase got it again.

I just don't get how 3 females in black leggings and a leather tank top and maybe a pushup bra is offensive to anyone other than the bible thumpers.

Needschat    124
48 minutes ago, dont care said:

I just don't get how 3 females in black leggings and a leather tank top and maybe a pushup bra is offensive to anyone other than the bible thumpers.

NASCAR was founded with pretty ladies wearing tight outfits in victory lane.  The Monster women are nothing new. 

5488caf0b91172c5ca3c3e7e9073b3be.jpg

B6dLdImCIAMyuMp.jpg

dont care    1,439
42 minutes ago, Needschat said:

NASCAR was founded with pretty ladies wearing tight outfits in victory lane.  The Monster women are nothing new. 

5488caf0b91172c5ca3c3e7e9073b3be.jpg

B6dLdImCIAMyuMp.jpg

Exactly, I'd even say the Monster girls were wearing stuff that was rather conservative by today's standards

raysox    1,205

Was thinking about the elite plate drivers in the sport. In the last 3 seasons, excluding Almirola's rain shortened win, Dale Jr Keselowski Hamlin and Logano have won every points plate race. That's pretty incredible. Makes me think Brad wins Sunday

cubsfan2015    111
4 hours ago, raysox said:

Was thinking about the elite plate drivers in the sport. In the last 3 seasons, excluding Almirola's rain shortened win, Dale Jr Keselowski Hamlin and Logano have won every points plate race. That's pretty incredible. Makes me think Brad wins Sunday

I mean usually the plate tracks produce the upset winners (i.e. Cope,Ragan,Waltrip) but we haven't had one in a full race since Ragan's win in 2013. It makes me thinking that NASCAR doesn't want upset winners.

dont care    1,439
1 hour ago, cubsfan2015 said:

I mean usually the plate tracks produce the upset winners (i.e. Cope,Ragan,Waltrip) but we haven't had one in a full race since Ragan's win in 2013. It makes me thinking that NASCAR doesn't want upset winners.

because its somehow NASCAR's fault...