25 posts in this topic

On 4/9/2017 at 4:17 PM, rvrdgsfn said:

Bumping for a big weekend

 

First IndyCar for the Long Beach Grand Prix:

 

1. Hinchcliffe

2. Bourdais

3. Newgarden

4. Dixon

5. Pagenaud

6. Jones

7. Munoz

8. Pigot

9. Castroneves

10. Rahal

 

Considering what Mayor Hinch has gone through to come back, I couldn't be happier with this win, let alone this course. Long Beach is one of my favorite courses in IndyCar. Kind of weird to not see an Penske, Ganassi or Andretti car in victory lane yet. Bourdais having another good race, Newgarden & Dixon held up as well. Rough day for Hunter Reay, Andretti & Rossi.

 

Next up : Alabama

 

Formula 1 results for the Chinese Grand Prix:

1. Hamilton

2. Vettel

3. Verstappen

4. Ricciardo

5. Räikkönen

6. Bottas

7. Sainz Jr.

8. Magnussen

9. Perez

10. Ocon

 

Hamilton strikes again in dominant form but Vettel was driving like there was no tomorrow, especially against his former team however, the start of the race, Verstappen starting from 16th to get to the podium, this kid is a freak of nature the way he drives, he's almost inhuman! Ricciardo bouncing back from Australia was good to see & Haas getting some points while McLaren.... Well, you know....

 

Next up Bahrain

 

Last but not least,  the IMSA Weathertech series had their race at Long Beach as well & finish was completely crazy!

 

 

 

Love that Mayor Hinch got his first post crash win. And at my favorite IndyCar track no less. Sucks too, this is the first year in the last 10 I haven't been at Long Beach and he takes it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, this is rather big big BIG news....

 

http://www.indycar.com/News/2017/04/04-12-Alonso-enters-Indy-500

 

McLaren announced today that Fernando Alonso, Formula One’s two-time champion and three-time runner-up, will compete in the 101st Running of the Indianapolis 500 presented by PennGrade Motor Oil on May 28.

Alonso will drive for Andretti Autosport, which has won four Indianapolis 500s, including last year’s race with Verizon IndyCar Series rookie Alexander Rossi at the wheel of the Honda-powered Dallara. Honda also powers Alonso’s car on McLaren’s grand prix team.

 

Alonso strives to win the 500 as F1 champion Graham Hill did as a rookie in 1966. Jack Brabham, Jim Clark, Emerson Fittipaldi, Mario Andretti and Nelson Piquet also drove in the 500 as one-time world champions, while Alberto Ascari, Jackie Stewart, Jochen Rindt and Jacques Villeneuve won F1 titles after competing in the 500.

“I’m immensely excited that I’ll be racing in this year’s Indy 500 with McLaren, Honda and Andretti Autosport,” Alonso said. “The Indy 500 is one of the most famous races on the global motorsport calendar, rivaled only by the Le Mans 24 Hours and the Monaco Grand Prix.”

 

Rumor is Jenson Button is coming back for the Monaco Grand Prix but this is huge news. Plus with the Honda engines dominating IndyCar this season, he may actually win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even as a Ferrari fan I'd like to see McLaren get their act together and start fielding competitive cars again, even if for no other reason than Alonso deserves more.  But with the crap Alonso keeps being given to drive, a couple weeks away, even in a spec series has got to be a relief.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Results from Bahrain Grand Prix:

1. Vettel

2. Hamilton

3. Bottas

4. Räikkönen

5. Ricciardo

6. Massa

7. Perez

8. Grosjean

9. Hulkenberg

10. Ocon

 

I honestly do think that if the 5 second penalty didn't occur, the finish would've been neck & neck. Either way, great driving by both Vettel & Hamilton. The prancing horse has proven to be doing well this season, even Kimi had a good car. Rough day for Max Verstappen & Carlos Sainz Jr. Renault finally getting some points thank to Nico. Alonso's car couldn't make it to the end, at least his started unlike Vandoorne's.

 

Next up Russia.

 

According to some reports, it seems Alonso may head back to Renault...

 

http://www.grandprix247.com/2017/04/16/alonso-to-renault-talks-have-begun/

 

Fernando Alonso has made it clear that he will not spend another season in the doldrums, struggling at the back of the grid instead he wants to be in a team capable of delivering him a Formula 1 World Championship – and it has now emerged that talks have begun to get the Spaniard to return to Renault, the team of his glory years.

 

Alonso does not have many options with a top team as Mercedes, Red Bull and Ferrari are highly unlikely destinations for him at this point.

 

In World Endurance news:

 

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/fillon-2020-lmp1-direction-to-be-revealed-at-le-mans/

 

Further details on the 2020 LMP1 regulations, and news on LMP1 non-hybrid, are expected to be revealed at this year’s 24 Hours of Le Mans, according to ACO President Pierre Fillon.

Fillon confirmed that a roadmap for the top prototype ranks, including the non-hybrid category, will be presented during the ACO’s annual press conference, which will now take place on Friday of race week, instead of the traditional Thursday.

“We’ll have some news about LMP1 non-hybrid and [2020] hybrid rules at the 24 Hours of Le Mans,” Fillon told Sportscar365.

“We are working. The only thing that we can say right now is that there’s an open discussion. Everyone is in very good spirits.”

While talks have continued between current LMP1 manufacturers Porsche and Toyota, as well as Peugeot, which could rejoin the top class in 2020, Fillon said the main focus has been on cost reduction.

Peugeot is understood to be working on a comeback, but only if costs are significantly slashed from the current budgets, which are understood to be in excess of $100 million annually.

 

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/wec-planning-format-changes-to-gte-in-2018/

 

The FIA World Endurance Championship is set to undergo a format change to the GTE class next year, aimed to increase the category’s visibility, championship organizers have revealed.

FIA Endurance Commission President Sir Lindsay Owen-Jones said that “creative ideas” are are in the works that would give the factory-backed production-based class, which has received World Championship status this year, more exposure on existing weekends.

“We would expect to see some evolution of the format itself by the beginning of next year,” Owen-Jones said.

 

At least five manufacturers are set to compete in the GTE-Pro class in 2018, with BMW joining Ford, Ferrari, Aston Martin and Porsche, which has returned to full-factory competition this year with its mid-engined 911 RSR.

It’s understood both Lamborghini and McLaren are actively evaluating GTE programs, for as early as 2019.

“The GT category could have more visibility than it has now,” Todt said. “The first step in the evolution, together with Pierre, Lindsay and their teams, we will see what could be the next step to highlight the main category [in GTE-Pro].”

 

IMO, as long as it leads to better racing & hopefully more manufactures/competitors, I'm all for it.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bumping for the Grand Prix of Alabama

 

1. Newgarden

2. Dixon

3. Pagenaud

4. Castroneves

5. Rossi

6. Hinchcliffe

7. Kanaan

8. Bourdais

9. Sato

10. Aleshin

 

Lots of good racing all around, I had a feeling that this was going to be a Penske race & Newgarden gets his first win while driving for the Captain. Aleshin & Hunter-Reay got at it near the end & a rough day for Will Power, leading most of the race only to finish 14th.

 

Next up Phoenix

 

Meanwhile in Blancpain Endurance Series, today's race at Monza started ugly....

 



Kind of reminds me of the big wreck a while back in V8 supercars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0