Return of Old Logos

kimball

After watching the Giants' Color Rush throwbacks and mulling the (hopeful) return of blue and gold for the LA Rams, I got to thinking of the return to old logos. A few come to mind as of the past 15-20 years. And, sure, there are many more that could have been used as an example (ie- Islanders, Sabres, Blue Jays, Hawks, Kings, etc) ...

sports.pngsports2.png

But, what other teams are there in the Big 4 that you would like to see a return to a previous logo as their main logo?

Here are a few I'd love to see, but I would love to see what many of you have in mind as well ...

sports3.png

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nfloldandnew.png

Here are the NFL logo changes. I chose the ones that haven't been posted yet and/or received major changes (for example: the Jaguars' 2013 logo change received very minor changes, barely noticeable.)

4 minutes ago, DouglasQuaid said:

The jags I think is way different, the change is bad and to me it makes the team look weaker and loses its appeal.

The colors changed, as well as the design of the uniform, but the logo itself had little change.

1 hour ago, Dabbaby17 said:

The colors changed, as well as the design of the uniform, but the logo itself had little change.

The logo itself changed somewhat drastically, especially when compared to the buccaneers logo (which you included).. The chargers logo in your set didn't change at all other than color.. I'd put the Jaguars logo in the same category as the Seahawks logo in terms of amount of change.. 

7 hours ago, Dabbaby17 said:

Here are the NBA logos.

nbalogosall.jpg

Not trying to be a stickler here, but that Cavs logo was from the 80s. They used this logo, from the 90s, before they got their "current" logo(and that itself was introduced when Lebron first came back and had a metallic gold and a darker red, and then they switched to the current wine and gold logo). 

faemq40pf86689pq4z8550l5i.png

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

i had a quick look through the NFL and NBA and these are the only 2 logos i see that would be an actual improvement going backwards. in most cases, you're just going from one bad logo to another and it's a push. most teams don't need to go back, they need a new logo thats actually good and have never had a good one to begin with

909.gif

1046.gif

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

12 hours ago, kimball said:

After watching the Giants' Color Rush throwbacks and mulling the (hopeful) return of blue and gold for the LA Rams, I got to thinking of the return to old logos. A few come to mind as of the past 15-20 years. And, sure, there are many more that could have been used as an example (ie- Islanders, Sabres, Blue Jays, Hawks, Kings, etc) ...

sports.pngsports2.png

But, what other teams are there in the Big 4 that you would like to see a return to a previous logo as their main logo?

What's interesting about thist post is that the four logos you want to return to were actually new logos that took the place of the current logos, which are the originals.  What's old is new again, and what's new is old again.  

4 hours ago, Whitesox572 said:

What's interesting about thist post is that the four logos you want to return to were actually new logos that took the place of the current logos, which are the originals.  What's old is new again, and what's new is old again.  

Well, I just used those as examples. 

The last bar were the logos I want to see return.

sports3.png

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Archived