Tennessee Titans to get new uniforms in 2018

randyc

From Paul Kuharsky on ESPN...LINK

Owner Amy Adams says the team will be wearing new uniforms for the 2018 season. Apparently slight modifications and nothing major in terms of colours or the logo.

I, for one, can't wait for these changes. I don't mind the current look, but they are in need of an update.

8prlQWA.png

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's what I'd love to see:

Helmets - Light blue helmets, no stripes, T sword logo on the sides, navy blue facemask. It'll be a quasi homage to the Oilers light blue helmets and it'll be a unique helmet color in the league and one less white helmet. Also, the helmet spikes should die a fiery death.

Uniforms - new font, light blue, no yokes, some stripes on the sleeves. 

pants - white pants at home, light blue on the road. Keep the stripes the same. I'd say don't mix and match them with the jerseys, but that ship has sailed in this league. 

socks - navy blue socks. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

13 minutes ago, Ray Lankford said:

With the exception of the dark blue pants, which are still perfectly cromulent, I love the Titans' look so hopefully it really is minor.

I think they use too much navy, and a switch to an emphasis on light blue would really embiggen their overall look.

39 minutes ago, henburg said:

Great news! The Titans set is solid, but it has felt stale for years IMO. I think a modernization utilizing more red could go a really long way. 

As long as the color cut back on to make way for the red is the navy and not the light blue.

1 hour ago, McCarthy said:

Here's what I'd love to see:

Helmets - Light blue helmets, no stripes, T sword logo on the sides, navy blue facemask. It'll be a quasi homage to the Oilers light blue helmets and it'll be a unique helmet color in the league and one less white helmet. Also, the helmet spikes should die a fiery death.

Uniforms - new font, light blue, no yokes, some stripes on the sleeves. 

pants - white pants at home, light blue on the road. Keep the stripes the same. I'd say don't mix and match them with the jerseys, but that ship has sailed in this league. 

socks - navy blue socks. 

I like the sound of this.  I know light blue / dark blue is a bit "trendy" but they balance it very well.  Well enough, in my opinion to make up for some of the the look's shortcomings (the "helmet spikes, number font, and logo).

So I love the T-sword logo on the helmet and I like your idea of a light blue helmet and navy blue mask.  I also like removing the yoke and would love a block font (though I know that's not realistic).  So the "font" factor is a bit of a double-edged sword at this point.  I don't love what they have but fear they'll get worse.

Most important to me is for red not to expand.  The two blues work great.

So I fear this because of there's always potential for disaster, but a scenario like this would be great and I'm all for removal of the "flaming ball with a "T" in it."

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

17 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

As long as the color cut back on to make way for the red is the navy and not the light blue.

I couldn't agree more, more of a modern Oilers-inspired look rather than a Texans look-alike. 

spacer.png

I don't think the Titans are that far off from a very good look. I hope Strunk's promise that these are slight refinements is accurate. Would hate to see the Titans get the Buccaneers or Browns treatment.

Kill the pointy stripes on the helmet, consider improving the primary logo, and only tweak the rest. You could make a timeless look out of these ingredients. 

1 hour ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

I don't think the Titans are that far off from a very good look. I hope Strunk's promise that these are slight refinements is accurate. Would hate to see the Titans get the Buccaneers or Browns treatment.

Kill the pointy stripes on the helmet, consider improving the primary logo, and only tweak the rest. You could make a timeless look out of these ingredients. 

That's my biggest concern. I like that the Titans have more or less kept the same look for almost 20 years. Granted, I'm not the biggest fan of the team primarily wearing navy blue or the number font, but with tweaks and a more Oilers-esque color balance, their uniforms have a lot of potential to give a neo old-school look.

Here's to hoping they take the Vikings route in their changes rather than that of the Browns, Bucs, or Jaguars. Oh yea, and drop the helmet horns and go with full-length helmet stripes.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

1 hour ago, Webfooter said:

I thought the ownership wanted to distance itself from its Oiler roots, which is why navy became the dominant color.  If that still holds true, I can't really see them going to a faux-retro look.

And it's a real shame if true, and I don't understand why.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

12 minutes ago, DustDevil61 said:

And it's a real shame if true, and I don't understand why.

I think they wanted to create to own identity in TN so I could see them sticking to that now that they've been there over 20 years and the Oilers stuff is not as associated with them anymore.

Archived