Teams in the WRONG uniform

kimball

On 1/5/2017 at 4:31 AM, insert name said:

IMG_9100.JPG

When the Seahawks wore those jerseys, you had the usual Simpsons memes and vomit emojis, but these many years later and two seasons into Color Rush, this set looks positively understated. It's too bad the Hawks lost that game; the jerseys could have been a neat early-season alt until the Nike resdesign.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/5/2017 at 0:27 PM, Milkman14 said:

When I opened this thread I was expecting (hoping) for examples of teams wearing uniforms that they didn't intend to wear or were not their actual uniforms.  For example I remember a story about the Vikings planning to wear white at home against the Lions but the Lions didn't get the memo so both teams were in white but the Vikings switched to the purple tops and kept the purple pants.  Thus the purple on purple was never their intent making it a "wrong" uniform.  I also thought I heard once about an away football team that ended up having to wear the home team's practice jerseys for some reason.  I could be misremembering that though.

Speaking of which, when did teams start having to inform the league office prior to July 1 regarding the jersey colors they would be sporting for their home games?

On 1/6/2017 at 7:26 AM, BJ Sands said:

I feel like the St. Louis Cardinals wore red at home in the mid 90s but I cannot find a photo.

Ive also tried to find a photo because it did happen. I believe they wore them during a Labor Day weekend game in 1999 and 2000. 

5 hours ago, Brandon9485 said:

Ive also tried to find a photo because it did happen. I believe they wore them during a Labor Day weekend game in 1999 and 2000. 

So I'm not crazy. Well, at least in this regard. 

Here's a couple of short-lived NBA unis from the late 70s - early 80s:

john-long-of-the-detroit-pistons-shoots-

The Pistons wore these from '78-81.

hi-res-ca2d4cabd1f20e4dcfde130df0102a1b_

And the Cavs wore these from '80 - '83, paired with a horrific metallic gold home uni.

3 hours ago, Discogod said:

And the Cavs wore these from '80 - '83, paired with a horrific metallic gold home uni.

That Cavs jersey looks so Houston Astro-esque!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 1/6/2017 at 11:31 AM, Bill81361 said:

Sorry to go off topic, but I noticed two former Maryland Terps in the picture, Tom McMillen (ATL) and Buck Williams (NJ).

On 1/5/2017 at 0:45 PM, Discogod said:

How about the New Jersey Nets' short-lived set from 1981-83? Larry Brown got rid of the ABA-style unis when he took over; after he was fired the team brought them back.

buck-williams-of-the-new-jersey-nets-def

Still off topic . . . 

Bill81361 beat me to the punch on this . . . except I was going to refer to the future Congressman as ". . . the prematurely grey Tom McMillen."  He played for the Hawks from 1978-83, so he was no older than 31 in this picture.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

11 hours ago, Discogod said:

Those Piston uni's should still be worn. 

I hate the new Buccaneers logo. Pewter was boring in 97, even more boring now.

It's funny how wrong that home Mets jersey looks.  Maybe the team was delivered a shipment of Chinese counterfeits.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

48 minutes ago, Tigers6884 said:

Surprised no one's mentioned these:

jersey_oct_full_063008.jpg

Looks like a stupid, terrible Canucks jersey to me! 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Archived