NFL 2017 Changes: A Concept Thread.

colinturner95

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gonna move on from the Broncos, and now work on the Bengals: 

kESPS0C.png

The Bengals Color Rush was one instance of "less is more".  The simple removal of side panels and the addition of a block font proved huge. 

-Helmet doesn't change. It's unique in the NFL. 

-Tiger pattern stays in the sleeves. Block font replaces the curved drop shadow font, kept the name font to be different. 

-Pants keep the pattern, it just doesn't end in a point any more on the front of the pants.

-Orange and black socks. 

C&C on these. I'm starting to think this might become more of a "who needs a new uniform and bad" thread. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

On 1/24/2017 at 7:32 PM, IPDESIGNS said:

I really like this concept. Only concern I have is some of your concept uniforms look like the Chicago Bears. Great work though! 

Huh, don't see it.

Anyway, glad you're continuing this as a series. Bengals look great, and a hell of a lot cleaner than what they have now.

On 1/25/2017 at 0:11 PM, bkknight95 said:

I'm gonna move on from the Broncos, and now work on the Bengals: 

kESPS0C.png

The Bengals Color Rush was one instance of "less is more".  The simple removal of side panels and the addition of a block font proved huge. 

-Helmet doesn't change. It's unique in the NFL. 

-Tiger pattern stays in the sleeves. Block font replaces the curved drop shadow font, kept the name font to be different. 

-Pants keep the pattern, it just doesn't end in a point any more on the front of the pants.

-Orange and black socks. 

C&C on these. I'm starting to think this might become more of a "who needs a new uniform and bad" thread. 

Hey dude I'm a big fan of your work. For the Bengals, I think the orange jersey suits them better as the primary home because the sleeves match the road better. I've also wanted them to add an orange pants option for a long time as well and I'd like to see what that looks like. You rock!

X4EsiSh.png

So I'm correcting my own mistake here. I orignally had the white jersey sleeves black. I changed them to orange to match the black jersey. I think that the Bengals should have the black jersey as the home because they've always worn black and with Denver going orange I just think it makes more sense. 

On 1/28/2017 at 3:56 PM, Jimmy Lethal said:

...my god, they look perfect without the side panels. Think you could fix the Falcons or Browns next?

Falcons for sure, Browns is a maybe. I actually like their look. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

First off excellent work with the Bengals really gave them the update they needed but the only thing that may be anything close to a flaw is a black jersey with black pants imo the white pants would make it look more balanced.

I was also wondering if the Eagles are on you list of teams you're thinking about doing because there uniforms are kind of dated.

20 hours ago, bkknight95 said:

X4EsiSh.png

So I'm correcting my own mistake here. I orignally had the white jersey sleeves black. I changed them to orange to match the black jersey. I think that the Bengals should have the black jersey as the home because they've always worn black and with Denver going orange I just think it makes more sense. 

This looks better, but the sleeves also need to be fixed on the orange jersey.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

dl8PFh0.png

This may be unpopular but I actually like the overall design of the Chargers uniforms, but I think the double blue has really worn out it's welcome, and with two teams set to be in Los Angeles with very similar color schemes, something has to be done. 

-Navy blue has been eliminated from the color scheme. Powder blue, yellow and white comprise the palette. 

-Overall, the design remains the same. Yellow plays a more prominent role. I really liked the yellow facemasks from the Color Rush. 

-I also played around with the idea of yellow numbers on the home jersey. It has historical precident, but I don't know if I'll keep it like that. 

And while I was playing around with more and more yellow: 

gL8tkF4.png

Threw around the idea of yellow pants returning.

Let me know what you think about these!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I'm late to the party, so I've got a few comments for each of the three teams you've done so far. Great execution all across the board -- I'll definitely be looking forward to the rest of this series!

Denver Broncos - While I don't think these uniforms look too much like something the Chicago Bears and/or the Auburn Tigers would wear, I can see how people would feel that way. There's absolutely nothing wrong with them from a design standpoint, but I'm not a huge fan of them....for the Denver Broncos. I think my issue lies in the fact that there isn't really anything identifiably 'Denver Broncos' about them beyond the familiar font and helmet logo. The color palette associates moreso with the aforementioned teams, and their trademark striping of the past two-plus decades is gone too. While I never loved the striping despite having grown up as a Denver Broncos fan during the John Elway Super Bowl-era, I think at the very least this set could benefit from changing the navy blue to powder blue.

Cincinnati Bengals - While your changes here are fairly subtle, this is a huge upgrade....and honestly, I think you just about nailed it the first time around with the black sleeves on the away jersey. Retaining the black sleeves on the away jersey while flipping the black and orange on the pants striping to match it would make this set absolutely perfect in my eyes. I'm amazed at how big of a difference your switch to a block number font makes. Excellent work!

Los Angeles Chargers - I'm very much in agreement with you regarding the Chargers' uniforms in that I do like them, but it's time to move on from the double blue. With two teams in Los Angeles now, I, personally, would prefer the Chargers to emphasize powder blue with minimal yellow and the Rams to emphasize navy blue with an abundance of yellow. While that unfortunately doesn't appear to be the case given that the Rams just eliminated any and all gold/yellow from their color palette, your uniforms for the Chargers here are outstanding -- simple, true to their brand, and with enough mix of classic and modern to keep things interesting. Good stuff!

Keep up the great work!

9 hours ago, ATolly66 said:

If you are going to use Yellow pants, don't make the lightning bolt inside the stripe yellow. Other than that, this is outstanding work, as usual. 

See, I thought about that, but all the other bolts are yellow on the helmet and jerseys, so I kept them yellow for consistency's sake. 

2 hours ago, Hoopladawg87 said:

Los Angeles Chargers - I'm very much in agreement with you regarding the Chargers' uniforms in that I do like them, but it's time to move on from the double blue. With two teams in Los Angeles now, I, personally, would prefer the Chargers to emphasize powder blue with minimal yellow and the Rams to emphasize navy blue with an abundance of yellow. While that unfortunately doesn't appear to be the case given that the Rams just eliminated any and all gold/yellow from their color palette, your uniforms for the Chargers here are outstanding -- simple, true to their brand, and with enough mix of classic and modern to keep things interesting. Good stuff!

Keep up the great work!

I really hoped the Rams would emphasize the brighter yellow they used on their Color Rush uniforms when they made the move, but it does seem they are making the move back to navy and white.

The Rams are the next team I plan on posting so stay tuned. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

All the uniforms look beautiful so far. I have a couple suggestions for uniforms that need updating in the league right now:

• I think the Patriots should not have silver in their uniforms, it seems kinda dated and there's no silver or grey in our flag anyways. 
  • The Jaguars' jerseys are terrible, and anything would be a step up. 
  • I always thought the Falcons would look best in Black/Black/White at home, but that's really not that major. 

Next on the list: The Los Angeles Rams.

0QxrhRY.png

The more and more I looked at it, I like the Rams in navy and white. It just pops. While I did love the yellow, it just didn't look as good. And with the Chargers moving into LA in the near future, I think this would work well. This way, the Chargers can be the blue and yellow team and the Rams can be the blue and white team. 

-Basically took the Color Rush uniform and dumped the yellow. 

-Beyond that, there really isn't a whole lot that changes

-Biggest change is the facemask is now white. 

C&C welcome. Still deciding who to do next. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived