NFL 2017 Changes: A Concept Thread.

colinturner95

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I recall correctly, the shade of blue the Rams wore in their blue and white days was never that dark.  That's almost LAPD blue right there...which isn't a bad look by the way. 

An oddity of the Rams uniforms has alwas been that the helmets have always been more midnight blue, while the jerseys are a shade between royal and navy blue.  Personally, I've always wanted the helmet shade to match the jersey shade.

The majority of LA Rams fans though want the blue and yellow Ferragamo/Dickerson/Youngblood era uniforms back, with the Deacons as throwback alternates.

nfl_deacon_jones_04.jpg

3 minutes ago, Salvy_Mic said:

If I recall correctly, the shade of blue the Rams wore in their blue and white days was never that dark.  That's almost LAPD blue right there...which isn't a bad look by the way. 

An oddity of the Rams uniforms has alwas been that the helmets have always been more midnight blue, while the jerseys are a shade between royal and navy blue.  Personally, I've always wanted the helmet shade to match the jersey shade.

The majority of LA Rams fans though want the blue and yellow Ferragamo/Dickerson/Youngblood era uniforms back, with the Deacons as throwback alternates.

nfl_deacon_jones_04.jpg

These aren't direct throwbacks. These are modern navy and white uniforms, using the navy they've used since 2000 and white. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Yeah, but that's that St. Louis navy shade.  Believe me, being from LA and seeing the team come back, there are very few fans out here that want to keep any remnant of the St. Louis colors around.  All you see at the games are the blue and yellows.  We're stuck with the St. Louis uniforms because the team doesn't want to change until they move into the new stadium.

On 1/5/2017 at 4:00 PM, bkknight95 said:

Quick update: 

HZL5Eri.png

Flipped the navy and white on the orange gear and shrank the helmet stripe. 

C&C welcome!

Perfect!  The only thing I might change is the socks on the navy alternate.  To prevent the "leotard" effect, I'd probably go with white socks with a orange / blue / orange stripe pattern.

Picking the next team was harder than I thought, but I settled on the Lions

kNzV1Fu.png

I'm hoping the Lions don't go too drastic on the changes because they don't look bad at the moment. That being said, a few changes here and there are needed. 

-the helmet is relatively unchanged. Helmet stripe actually looks like it fits on the helmet now. 

-blue jerseys get a northwestern stripe, white jerseys get a modified version. 

-the font was tricky for me. Building one from the new wordmark didn't work for me, a block font didnt fit right, so I stuck with the old font. 

-pants keep the triple stripe. Yes there is a blue set of pants. 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Alot of lions concepts recently have gone with a Barry-Sanders-era type design and none have executed it better than this. Absolutely amazing!

But if I had to nitpick the only thing might be the collars, for some reason the colored collars seems out of place.

Los Angeles Rams - As far as I'm concerned, this is the best-case scenario for their uniforms considering the direction in which it appears as though they're heading -- excellent work.

Detroit Lions - Two things I'm not crazy about with this set: 1) the font; 2) the white jersey/white pants combo. The font isn't terrible, but I associate it so much with their previous identity that more than wore out its welcome that I think something fresh would be ideal. I know you said the font was tricky, though, and unfortunately I don't have any suggestions to offer. Also, as much as I dislike the white jersey/white pants combo, I absolutely LOVE the white jersey/blue pants combo....that uniform definitely takes me back to the Barry Sanders era, and it has the potential to be a fun and interesting look. More great work!

5 hours ago, Hoopladawg87 said:

Los Angeles Rams - As far as I'm concerned, this is the best-case scenario for their uniforms considering the direction in which it appears as though they're heading -- excellent work.

Detroit Lions - Two things I'm not crazy about with this set: 1) the font; 2) the white jersey/white pants combo. The font isn't terrible, but I associate it so much with their previous identity that more than wore out its welcome that I think something fresh would be ideal. I know you said the font was tricky, though, and unfortunately I don't have any suggestions to offer. Also, as much as I dislike the white jersey/white pants combo, I absolutely LOVE the white jersey/blue pants combo....that uniform definitely takes me back to the Barry Sanders era, and it has the potential to be a fun and interesting look. More great work!

It's going to be interesting to see what Nike does for the Lions fontwise. I feel like they'll do something that mimics the new wordmark. but we'll have to wait and see. As for the white/white combo, it's just how I display the uniforms. I try to do home jersey, away jersey, alternate jersey (if applicable). I just try and show off the different pants options. I'll throw together some more options, like I did the for the Broncos. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

While I figure out the next team up, I revisited Detroit and added some new jersey/pants combos

DF9wOZB.png

2iPkE1A.png

Nothing too earth shattering. Just getting some different looks at what the Lions could wear. Probably unpopular, but I actually like the blue jersey with blue pants. 

Meanwhile,  I sat back and looked at it and decided to add an alternate jersey for the Lions. 

9vJGlp2.png

Went the route of the Seahawks and added a grey alternate set. 

C&C welcome as always. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

The white pants seem really out of place with anything other than the white jersey, and even with it they don't feel right. 

Personally, I don't care for the blue pants either but I could live with them as long as the lions wore them very sparingly. I love the Silver jersey and pants together. It's unique and would make for a cool color rush uniform.

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, yungNASDAQ said:

hope this thread isn't dead...

I've been trying to think of the next team I wanted to do, but work and school got me sidetracked from that, plus I revived my NCAA Color Rush thread, which I've spent a lot of time on. I'll give it away that the Jets are the next team I'll be posting, and hopefully that will be tomorrow. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Qm752P3.png

After a long hiatus on this thread, I'm finally back. Now the Jets could make double green work. The Color Rush uniform was absolutely beautiful. But I didn't want to make kelly green the primary green because I'm still half expecting the Eagles to make the switch to kelly green full time. Plus on the Vapor Untouchable the issues with green should be solved. 

-not much changes, just added kelly green to the main uniforms and brought back the Color Rush uniform full time. 

C&C welcome

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived