NCAA Baseball Uniforms 2017

YesterdayWasCool

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, stumpygremlin said:

Does TAMU regularly refer to themselves as the "Texas Aggies?" That seems wholly unnecessary to me...

Yup. We even used to put Texas Aggies in the endzones at Kyle Field. It's a call back to an era when many of the land grant schools were still just A&M colleges. You had Oklahoma Aggies, Colorado Aggies, Mississippi Aggies and so on. It's a bit redundant to say you're Texas Agricultural & Mechanical College Aggies. For once its not an intentional slight toward UT. That's just what people referred to students at A&M as.

Like of all of them except UofL. But I did go to UK so there's that. Adidas has been really good with baseball lately besides the tequila sunrise/ChiSox throwbacks for everybody. Probably won't see Arizona State in anything but pullovers as long as Tracy Smith is there. That's all Indiana wore when he was there too. Love the Nebraska's and really like when NC State actually puts effort into what they're wearing. Meaning not copying other teams they have no connection with or just slapping on a super generic script font.

TaxSlayer Bowl_sig.png

• 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, Bmac said:

The champs have new uniforms with the switch to Under Armour. Pretty disappointed, personally.

IMG_20170209_140032.jpg

20170209_140321.jpg

They'll prbably get a few more looks during the year as Under Armour starts working towards the MLB contract. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I wonder if any players would be reluctant to put on the UA gear after recent events.  I know at my gym several people have used tape to cover up the logos, but then again we're not in the position of being subordinate to a coach and school.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I wonder if any players would be reluctant to put on the UA gear after recent events.  I know at my gym several people have used tape to cover up the logos, but then again we're not in the position of being subordinate to a coach and school.

Players have no choice.

The schools do.

On 2/9/2017 at 3:01 PM, Bmac said:

The champs have new uniforms with the switch to Under Armour. Pretty disappointed, personally.

IMG_20170209_140032.jpg

I honestly really like these. They aren't too out of the box, they're kind of just "classic baseball." Safe, simple, and classy. Only thing missing is a gray jersey.

Regarding the UA thing, I think we need to stop inserting politics into sports in general (and especially baseball), but yeah, they're definitely going to see some backlash.

EDIT: Warning... Politics-related

Average joes that go into the gym covering up UA logos make me laugh.  

I don't buy/wear gym clothes to make a political statement.  I wear them because 1) they fit 2) I like the material 3) I got a good deal and 4) it's clean.  I would have to have zero other hobbies to spend time covering up logos, and for what?  So people will look at me and judge me???  ok cool...lol   And it's weird, because in the end, nobody really givesa shlt about it at the gym.  When I wear UA stuff, or any mass-produced athletic wear, it's not because I endorse the CEO's arbitrary comments or politics. Nike, Reebok, UA, et al all have :censored:ty manufacturing policies.  I wear the stuff because I gotta wear something...If I, in the event I did wear because I was trying to send the message that I was in-step with the CEO's politics, then I could always not wear it if they pissed me off.  Inserting politics into every litle :censored:ing thing is just so tiresome.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Those coastal uniforms are pretty awful.. So many classic looks to choose from and so many options for a unique look, yet they go with this stock-looking garbage.. Awful font, overly black heavy, no bronze, no chicken, no greys, I could go on and on.. For a team who just won the CWS, they certainly don't look the part.. I'm disappointed

4 hours ago, WSU151 said:

EDIT: Warning... Politics-related

Average joes that go into the gym covering up UA logos make me laugh.  

I don't buy/wear gym clothes to make a political statement.  I wear them because 1) they fit 2) I like the material 3) I got a good deal and 4) it's clean.  I would have to have zero other hobbies to spend time covering up logos, and for what?  So people will look at me and judge me???  ok cool...lol   And it's weird, because in the end, nobody really givesa shlt about it at the gym.  When I wear UA stuff, or any mass-produced athletic wear, it's not because I endorse the CEO's arbitrary comments or politics. Nike, Reebok, UA, et al all have :censored:ty manufacturing policies.  I wear the stuff because I gotta wear something...If I, in the event I did wear because I was trying to send the message that I was in-step with the CEO's politics, then I could always not wear it if they pissed me off.  Inserting politics into every litle :censored:ing thing is just so tiresome.

Very true. If we only wore clothes from brands that were socially and politically conscious, we would not be wearing any of these brands. 

Archived