YesterdayWasCool

NCAA Baseball Uniforms 2017

Clintau24    570

Coastal actually looks good, to me. As long as they kept the teal pullover it's all fine

2016-Coastal-Carolina-baseball.jpeg

Fassy    15
On 2/9/2017 at 2:57 PM, GeauxColonels said:

Today, LSU UNVEILED the 8 uniform combinations to be worn by the team (and on which days they will be worn) for the 2017 season. The set includes a sweet throwback.

k8P0Rix.png

edPxN6B.png

This entire set is beautiful. 

krunyan    38

They do look good but I think they've worn a version of every uniform already including the cream throwback. Other than maybe the plain white and plain grey. 

Coastal is solid as always. 

Kentucky got a couple of new uniforms but I think they started to wear the blue uniforms last year. Black is new this year and they have new "batting practice" jerseys that I bet will be worn in a game. Will have black hats and black helmets also. 

C3mjkjaWAAE-jb7.jpg

C4fIenyWQAAAGFa.jpg:large

C3gvLDOWEAEzDh-.jpg

Mingjai    126

Two new pullovers for BYU baseball--not sure if these replace any previous sets or simply supplement them:

C3OHBOUUcAE3vY5.jpg

C3OHBOUUYAA1zxJ.jpg

Here's what they wore last year(ish):

Chkh9yjVIAEJZWA.jpg

CiTGRaLXIAQtdtn.jpg

CidD8iAUUAET_dk.jpg

Chz_53DUgAAWe65.jpg

CitezoCWgAQsRQ_.jpg

CioMigJVAAICcrw.jpg

WSU151    2,533

The Y has a Yale look to it, but overall those BYU unis are really nice. 

Eastern Michigan looks good. I'm curious about the OAK 12 patch on the sleeve, but not curious enough to research it, and I really wish Adidas would put their damn logo on the sleeve.

I like BYU, too, new and old, but I think the cougar logo (blue hat over the pullover) is too detailed for a hat from long-distance (and doesn't match the script on the jersey, which is fairly modern), and the Y on the hats is too... generic, especially when you have the kind of wonky Y in the circle. Honestly, I think the best look would be to put the Y from the circlular logo on all the caps, and put the cougar on the sleeves.

Mingjai    126
44 minutes ago, Big Yellow Flag said:

I like BYU, too, new and old, but I think the cougar logo (blue hat over the pullover) is too detailed for a hat from long-distance (and doesn't match the script on the jersey, which is fairly modern), and the Y on the hats is too... generic, especially when you have the kind of wonky Y in the circle. Honestly, I think the best look would be to put the Y from the circlular logo on all the caps, and put the cougar on the sleeves.

Agreed on the sailor Cougar logo. It's not a good cap logo--I don't like it as a logo in general, but I guess it's part of the whole nostalgia thing. I also don't think the oval Y helmet logo works well for baseball, it was traditionally a football-only logo until a few years ago. BYU has a long history of using a Y to match the Y on the mountain, so I prefer the block Y caps, though going back to the old baseball block Y logo would be more unique:

RyanHancock_zpscab8435c.jpg

joynerbyu.jpg

y_mountain_in_the_autumn_by_delta406-d7u

1 minute ago, Mingjai said:

Agreed on the sailor Cougar logo. It's not a good cap logo--I don't like it as a logo in general, but I guess it's part of the whole nostalgia thing. I also don't think the oval Y helmet logo works well for baseball, it was traditionally a football-only logo until a few years ago. BYU has a long history of using a Y to match the Y on the mountain, so I prefer the block Y caps, though going back to the old baseball block Y logo would be more unique:

joynerbyu.jpg

I do like that Y, and I will admit to not being 100% holding in BYU's logo history. From an objective/history-less standpoint (which was what mine was), the Y from the circle would just be a way to differentiate them from all the other block letter teams, of which there are plenty.

Clintau24    570

BYU does not need to be wearing the Houston Cougars font. I do want that hat though

stumpygremlin    138
On 2/11/2017 at 10:09 PM, Big Yellow Flag said:

I honestly really like these. They aren't too out of the box, they're kind of just "classic baseball." Safe, simple, and classy. Only thing missing is a gray jersey.

They're relatively clean because they're straight catalog, I think. I do know that CCU is using a UA catalog number font for these.

Just now, stumpygremlin said:

They're relatively clean because they're straight catalog, I think. I do know that CCU is using a UA catalog number font for these.

I mean, when faced with the alternatives you see in some schools, overdesigned messes and three different uniforms a week, I'll take it.

Bmac    338
On 2/13/2017 at 0:28 PM, charliehustle said:

C4jsk0pWEAA27SI.jpgC4fb3I9WQAAvu0n.jpg

Eastern Michigan, beautiful as always.

I've always loved that cap logo, but it seems too thin to use as a chest logo on a pinstriped jersey.

ShlyKBMT    42

Lamar also has new hats this season. The new coach has changed a lot of things. Red and black this season compared to red and white hats last year. Also Lamar teams are phasing out the Cardinal. Most have switched to the LU logo.

IMG_8175.JPG

IMG_8192.JPG