NCAA Baseball Uniforms 2017

YesterdayWasCool

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Kind of. Miami has a baseball-only mascot named the Miami Maniac.

Then I'd say "kind of" is charitable.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

On 2/17/2017 at 9:20 PM, Clintau24 said:

Auburn started the season off by wearing a brand new combo - orange tops with the blue and white cap that is typically saved for the pinstripe uniforms.

2017-2-17 vs George Washington - Wade Rackley, Auburn Athletics (1).jpeg

When I first saw this I thought it was awful but it really grew on me.  I want one of those jerseys!

2 minutes ago, dont care said:

Because those worked wonderfully for the dodgers...

Dodgers originally went with a hard plastic. They have since changed to a flexible rubber, and that's ultimately what these other teams are doing.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

I kind of like them, honestly. The helmet is generally designed to mimic the caps, which tend to have raised logos by virtue of being stitched.

I don't think every team should be doing it, and I think it should be used more subtly (maybe with parts of the logo being left flat? The Marlins could look sharp with a raised fish and a flat M), but I like it.

On 2/19/2017 at 2:36 PM, Bmac said:

Omaha has added a new red cap this season. It's listed as an alternate option to the regular black cap. As far as I can tell the Mavs only have two jerseys this season; the cream homes shown below and the black jerseys from previous seasons.20170219_143102.png

Of course as soon as I said that, the Mavs broke out new Sunday uniforms. Brand new pullover jerseys and some beautiful new socks!

20170220_230716.jpg

Holy hell that's a lot of flying WV. I feel like they used to use that old interlocking WV for baseball. I think that's perfectly suited for a cap.3288_west_virginia_mountaineers-cap-0.pn

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

8 minutes ago, Big Yellow Flag said:

I love that South Carolina cap logo, it's gorgeous. Jersey would look better in white, though.

What color pants will they be wearing?

My only issue with that cap logo is the top right part of the S.. The way it's connected to the C.. Everywhere else it's either in front of the C or behind it.. It's always bugged me

My guess, and the only reason it doesn't bother me, is that (although I have no way of easily verifying this) it's probably the result of a weird quirk when they designed it that's stuck around for a good long while. Kind of like the Tigers and the Yankees wearing two versions of the same logo on the caps and jerseys.

Archived