2017 Miami Dolphins (updated with video franchises)

BrandMooreArt

0d508d46931689.586af3692a09e.jpg

2016 absolutely flew by. I was lucky enough to spend it with one of the most creative and creatively daring group of designers, photographers, video editors, and brand strategists in pro sports. i'll likely post more of our work soon, but here's a small look back at some pieces from the 2016 Dolphins marketing campaign. 

Behance link: https://www.behance.net/gallery/46931689/2016-Miami-Dolphins

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

51 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

0d508d46931689.586af3692a09e.jpg

2016 absolutely flew by. I was lucky enough to spend it with one of the most creative and creatively daring group of designers, photographers, video editors, and brand strategists in pro sports. i'll likely post more of our work soon, but here's a small look back at some pieces from the 2016 Dolphins marketing campaign. 

Behance link: https://www.behance.net/gallery/46931689/2016-Miami-Dolphins

Hope they CRUSH Pittsburgh in the playoffs.

we created so many new content Franchises this year i lost count. I worked on the branding and on-screen graphics for most of them, but the real magic is in the video and story itself. these are 2 of my favorites, The Grind and FinStory

The Grind: Cam Wake (Wake had 11.5 sacks, 5 forced fumbles, 1 INT, and made the Pro Bowl in 2016)

http://www.miamidolphins.com/multimedia/videos/The-Grind-Cam-Wake/21b4046c-3f5d-4236-b031-f06db10fe9de

FinStory: Tayton

http://www.miamidolphins.com/multimedia/videos/FinStory-Chapter-2-Tayton-Timothy/d3133c15-e04f-42da-9283-f17a20fe2fa2

GRAPHIC ARTIST

• 1 month later...

thought it would be good to continue this thread through 2017, especially coming off of Dolphins Cancer Challenge last weekend. i'd like to make this a bit more interesting than just posting finished work, so i'll give a behind-the-scenes look of this stuff as much as i can. (soon, ill post everything from the Dade vs Broward game and im sure there will be lots to see around draft time)

Dolphins Cancer Challenge (DCC) is the biggest charity event in the NFL. i don't know the exact numbers yet, but i believe over the last 7 years it has helped raise $16M for cancer research. wrapping up my first year with the Dolphins, this was my last new experience and it was pretty amazing. riders and runners start at different points around South Florida and end up at the stadium for a concert; this year it was Counting Crows. 

Screen Shot 2017-02-15 at 8.45.30 AM.png

last year, Brian Gundell helped create the DCC crest. We continued using that this year ofcourse, but really changed the identity of the event. In a concept I called "Patterns", i created a pattern that was made up of different tones and squares that appear to be pointing in different directions. the idea is that cancer effects people of every nationality, race, gender, and age. From this diversity, we come together as one to help find a cure for cancer. We also decided to use a lot of full color images instead of an "Aqua wash" that was done in 2016, simply because we have the best damn photographers in the biz and wanted to let their work really shine :)

Screen Shot 2017-02-15 at 8.44.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-15 at 8.43.56 AM.png

my favorite part of designing this identity was doing the biking uniforms/kits (jerseys and shorts). Applying our new pattern to the kit was an obvious choice, but it needed to be used sparingly because we needed our sponsors to be visable as well. We kept the same system of designation; Aqua was a general participant, Aqua with Liime Green stripes was Team Joel, black was heavy Hitters, and orange for Alumni.

We sat down last April and brainstormed ideas for the event. Everyone got really excited about allowing riders to customize the jerseys, so we printed a space for them to do just that. At the event, you could have your message heat pressed onto the jersey, or write in yourself with a Sharpie. 

Screen Shot 2017-02-15 at 8.41.43 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-15 at 8.41.33 AM.png

I can't say enough about how amazing this event was. There was something in the air when everyone arrived at the stadium that you don't feel during game day. This was bigger; everyone who rode/ran had donated and contributed to something that's actually important and made some good happen in the world. I love football, but its just a game. A game that provides a living for a lot of people sure, but designing for a game and designing for cancer research and cures cannot be compared. When i'm concepting and designing for the team i think of fans and what i want to see as a fan myself. When working on DCC i think of people i know who have been affected by cancer and doing what i can in my small part to help them through design. I can't wait until next year.

Screen Shot 2017-02-15 at 9.15.47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-15 at 9.15.13 AM.png

GRAPHIC ARTIST

• 3 months later...

Archived