Cowboys

Chargers

Rams

Falcons

Packers

Jaguars

Patriots

Eagles

With the NFL Playoffs starting today, I decided to mock up some ideas I had for a three NFL Teams: the Saints, Steelers, and Cowboys.  I loved the color rush uniforms for both the Saints and Steelers; ideas from both are implemented in these concepts.  

For the Saints, the concept basically is their color rush; there is no reason they shouldn't adopt that look full time.  I simplified their helmet logo a bit and brought back the Louisiana state outline logo as a chest patch.  In addition to the white jerseys taken from the color rush set, the concept includes a black jersey with gold-white-gold-white-gold stripes as well as a gold jersey with b-w-b-w-b stripes.  An alternate white helmet idea is also shown; it would only be used if the NFL were to lift the one helmet rule, obviously.

9OgRw89.pngqTKiRVD.pngyFegaNl.pngkUXJsoG.png

For the Steelers, I only made a few minor changes to their classic look.  A darker "steel" gray color is introduced for the logo outline and primary facemask color.  The helmet is now matte black, which fits their tough persona.  The number font is back to block, with a stencil to fit in with the "steel" theme.  The pants stripe now reflects the pattern of the sleeve stripe, as opposed to being solid black.

Alternates include the color rush from last season, along with another gold color rush uniform.  The alternate helmet, if allowed, would be gold.

tp71x0u.pngSBhDPdi.png66TBneD.pngLljM97y.png

Honestly, with the Cowboys, I just wanted to mock up something with Dak Prescott again.  My motto for them was "compromise brings consistency."  Dallas notoriously uses two different shades of silver and two different shades of navy/blue.  For this concept, I took a mix of the colors and created a set that is consistent throughout.  The home and away set are exact opposites, as are the two alternate/color rush uniforms, both of which work better with a white helmet.  

zo9n5aU.png

10nKYY3.png2L58NJJ.png

17 minutes ago, pscf3 said:

For the Steelers, I only made a few minor changes to their classic look.  A darker "steel" gray color is introduced for the logo outline and primary facemask color.  The helmet is now matte black, which fits their tough persona.  The number font is back to block, with a stencil to fit in with the "steel" theme.  The pants stripe now reflects the pattern of the sleeve stripe, as opposed to being solid black.

Alternates include the color rush from last season, along with another gold color rush uniform.  The alternate helmet, if allowed, would be gold.

tp71x0u.pngSBhDPdi.png66TBneD.pngLljM97y.png

I want that type of number font!

As I'm sure it did lots of people, today's news of the Chargers moving to LA got me thinking about what they should do with their uniforms when they complete the move.  A bit of an unpopular opinion on here, I really like the Chargers's current set.  It has a great mix of powder blue and navy throughout, and I'd rather they'd stay in San Diego and not change it.  However, with them moving, it looks like changes will indeed happen.  They unveiled an LA logo this morning, which I actually don't hate.  The color scheme they're presenting of navy and white is incredibly boring though, not to mention the exact same as what the Rams are likely to use.

I'm using the LA Bolt logo, but switching up the color scheme.  Powder Blue returns as the primary color, and gold is retained as the secondary.  "Storm Gray" is added in place of Navy, an idea I've thought of before and have seen mentioned several times on this board.  The gray color is used as an accent throughout and as the primary color on a "color rush" alternate.

almost went with powder blue helmets full time for this concept.  They're still included in the "What if no one helmet rule" section, but white helmets get the nod as the primaries.RjDa3Qa.pngVBHLu2K.jpgDtHQUId.png

2OEgp9n.jpg

With the Rams, I wanted to create a clear contrast with their "roommates."  The Rams seem to be trending toward Navy and White, and that's where I went with this concept.  Simple Navy and White with Ram horns on the sleeves and the end zone font for numbers and wordmark.  Yellow does stay in the color rush, which is just a slightly updated version of the one they wore in 2015.  Their "what if" helmet is a white helmet with navy horns, which would allow for a slick stormtrooper look.vP1S0js.pngDLNzEX7.png6clGl7N.png

With the Falcons moving into a new stadium next year, It'd make sense for them to update their look for the move.  They do need an upgrade; the early 2000s piping looks really dated.  In this concept, I used a slightly modified version of their current logo, removing the silver outline and slightly thinning it.  The primary helmets are red; black helmets are retained in the "what if no one helmet rule" part.  For the most part, the concept is in the style of the Falcons' older uniforms, with one major exception: Falcon wings are added to the sleeve caps.  This idea was inspired by the wing design in the new stadium.

TGMWZ5t.png

eMZLW4P.png

sVgZsjB.png

cfdZ3vA.png

A couple of thoughts:

• Chargers, Saints, Steelers, and Cowboys are all pretty much perfection. They're exactly what I envisioned each team should look like, and the execution is awesome. 
  • I know it seems like the Rams are moving towards navy and white, but I don't think there's any way to make uniforms that only use those two colors interesting. 
  • The Falcons set looks great, but I always thought their black helmets/black jerseys/white pants were by far their best look, and is pretty unique in the league as far as uniforms go.  
  • I really wish the NFL would lift that dumb one-helmet rule, it really limits what teams can do throwback-wise. 

I'm looking forward to what you come out with next!

1 hour ago, Clintau24 said:

I'm getting an old Arizona Cardinals feel from the Falcons set. Maybe my computer, but the red doesn't look quite Atlanta enough

I noticed that when I was uploading it, and I realize what happened: the red helmet looked too bright originally so I darkened it a bit for my mockup.  Forgot to change back to the regular red for the rest of the concept.  That being said, I'll leave it because I think it kind of works for Atlanta.  Differentiates them from other red teams in the league.

Green Bay's home look is perfect.  No changes needed there at all.  Their road jerseys are nice, too; my only problem is that the striping allows white and gold to touch.  So for this concept, the striping on the road jerseys is reverted to the classic green-gold-green-gold-green.  The color rush jerseys are based on the 1953 uniform set, which used a Kelly green and athletic gold color palette.

7F5ERK6.png

dxKzP3O.png

• 2 months later...

With the talk of Jacksonville possibly re-vamping their uniforms next season, I'm renewing this concept series to show an idea I had for the Jaguars.

Their current set is one of the worst in the NFL, but it has does have a few redeeming qualities. The number font, for example, is a solid modern font and one that I think fits the Jaguars well; I kept it in the concept, as I hope they will on their new uniforms. Their current set also has a pretty good color balance between teal, gold, and black that I wanted to maintain. That's about where the positives end; the current helmets are by far the worst in NFL history and the jerseys are overly busy but have needlessly plain, contrasting shoulder caps.

For the helmet, I went back to a solid black helmet, shiny with Teal AND Gold flakes. Not sure how they'd pull it off, but I'm sure HGI could make it look amazing. Anything is better than half-black and half-gold.

Teal returns as the primary jersey (with white numbers!); black is regelated back to alternate status. Each jersey sleeve features a consistent teal-white-gold-black stripe design; the goal here was for it to look modern enough while keeping a good color balance and not becoming too busy.

The pants all feature a similar teal-white-gold-black stripe, ending at an angle at the top with the shield logo above it.

uMHU6MY.png

U8RBsOH.png'

The above combos are all that the Jaguars really need; teal, white, and black jerseys and black and white pants. However, in case they want to mix it up more, which in 2017 they probably will, I mocked up a few extra looks including gold jerseys, gold pants, and teal pants. I actually liked the gold jerseys they wore last season; the all-gold look as a whole was awful, but I think that the gold jerseys would work with black or white pants, and the gold pants might even work with teal, white, or black jerseys. Teal pants really only work with the white jersey; the all-teal look would likely be a Color Rush candidate.

vupXoI3.pngIcPipM7.png

Awesome concepts so far man!  Only nitpicks I have is I'd like to see Green Bays green color rush use the same shade of green, and even though it's on the uniform currently, that jaguars patch on the left breast really looks out of place IMO.

Also, do you mind if i ask where you got the template from?

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

23 minutes ago, itsmb8 said:

Awesome concepts so far man!  Only nitpicks I have is I'd like to see Green Bays green color rush use the same shade of green, and even though it's on the uniform currently, that jaguars patch on the left breast really looks out of place IMO.

Also, do you mind if i ask where you got the template from?

Template can be found here:

I'm loving this concept. My thoughts:

I agree that gold flake in the helmet might be a bit too much, but I'd love to see how it would work on field one way or another (good Photoshop, well made concept, whatever). I believe that Jax will go back to an all black helmet, but the finish is still of concern. I'm afraid they might stick with the matte shells.

I feel like the Jerseys are a fantastic way to blend the current design with the traditional striping used on the original uniforms. The original stripes were more like sleeve cuff stripes, but this works well. Adds something to the empty shoulders like you said. I would probably make the Swoosh black just to blend in a bit more. White numbers work so much better on the teal top than black.

As the jersey combined the first and third jersey sets, I feel like the pants combine the current and second designs. The piping on the pants on the last set curved oddly around the knee and butt. This design hearkens that a little, but it a much cleaner design. It's not the best design in the world, but gives Jax a chance to "do something different" and still look good.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

On 1/15/2017 at 9:55 AM, luketheduke03 said:

I know it seems like the Rams are moving towards navy and white, but I don't think there's any way to make uniforms that only use those two colors interesting.

Maybe Penn State or the Detroit Tigers...they at least look classy. When a team has royal and yellow in its (fairly recent) past, though, I agree that navy and white will never suffice.

Archived