NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, that's nice, because I know I'd had it up to here with the Devils' garish and unorthodox uniforms. I mean, pushed that envelope right off the desk, they did.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

3 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Not on truesince82.com.  

80s jersey, with red and black yoke and stripes. (Maybe...it might be my computer...)

I see what you see, but if you look at the player departing for the bench, his breezers look green. On the main jersey of the player pictured, it's so dark that it almost washes out and becomes black. 

It's weird, though. It took me 10 times looking at it to realize that there is a red and green diagonal on the top pic...Look at the numbers: the bottom player wears 25 and the top is 44. Uuuuuh. Am I supposed to see a mirror image or a progression? Dunno.  I don't think it's particularly well done...

And there's a solid green diagonal on the second pic. At least in the lower pic, it's splitting the screen between a shot from present day (left) and I guess the 90s (right). So, I'm not sure what is split in the top image. Looks like the same jersey. Am I nuts? Unless it is essentially the original Devils kit from head to toe, with black replacing green????

1 minute ago, NYYNYR said:

I see what you see, but if you look at the player departing for the bench, his breezers look green. On the main jersey of the player pictured, it's so dark that it almost washes out and becomes black. 

It's weird, though. It took me 10 times looking at it to realize that there is a red and green diagonal on the top pic...Look at the numbers: the bottom player wears 25 and the top is 44. Uuuuuh. Am I supposed to see a mirror image or a progression? Dunno.  I don't think it's particularly well done...

And there's a solid green diagonal on the second pic. At least in the lower pic, it's splitting the screen between a shot from present day (left) and I guess the 90s (right). So, I'm not sure what is split in the top image. Looks like the same jersey. Am I nuts? Unless it is essentially the original Devils kit from head to toe, with black replacing green????

At first I thought maybe it was a concept site, as it looked (to me) like someone updating the old jersey with red and black (as the green looks super dark on the newer picture).  And if it was a concept site, then I could fathom they only updated one player (and left the older breezers as is).  But then I saw it belonged to the Devils...and then I realized it was indeed green and not black.

I think it's supposed to be a progression...to the older jersey.  Kinda weird.  

If they bring back the green I'd be okay with it.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Guys...one side of the diagonal line is from 1982. The other side is a current player in the throwback uni's. Basically, same uni in both photos just blending old/new which is why the quality of the photo is much better in the current version

7 minutes ago, bowld said:

Guys...one side of the diagonal line is from 1982. The other side is a current player in the throwback uni's. Basically, same uni in both photos just blending old/new which is why the quality of the photo is much better in the current version

Yeah you're right.  The stripes on the torso aren't completely shown...and it looks like the current stripes. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

There's green in the rest of the email, if that helps. 

1 hour ago, philly97flyer said:

The guy that owns the Devils also owns the 76ers. A few years after buying the team, they went to a retro-inspired design. Looks like he's doing the same thing here.

Either they do this or 'modernize' and bring current colors in old design.

5 hours ago, Chico said:

Got this email today from the Devils. Besides the fact that they screwed up everyone's names that received it could it be a hint as to the new uniforms for next season?

17264723_10210356222755678_4462466007759797945_n.jpg

So they're going back to their green accented unis presumably in their current template 

7 hours ago, Chico said:

Got this email today from the Devils. Besides the fact that they screwed up everyone's names that received it could it be a hint as to the new uniforms for next season?

17264723_10210356222755678_4462466007759797945_n.jpg

The pun... God the pun.... 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

NJ's throwbacks are overrated and highly inferior to what they're currently wearing.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

6 hours ago, CRichardson said:

NJ's throwbacks are overrated and highly inferior to what they're currently wearing.

Yea. The current jerseys are so much better than the red/green. I'm fine with that as an alt, they can even wear them more than just St. Patrick's day, but their current jerseys are perfect.

Archived