NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

Yeah but that logo, yuck.

The logo is not great but neither is the Islanders logo or a lot of the so called "untouchable" crests.  Badly designed as it is, it still trumps the what they currently use.

Just now, Morgo said:

The logo is not great but neither is the Islanders logo or a lot of the so called "untouchable" crests.  Badly designed as it is, it still trumps the what they currently use.

Respectfully disagree, and I agree with almost all of your comments.

3 minutes ago, Bayne said:

Does anyone know why the Penguin logo is so freakin huge compared to every other teams'?

It's always been HUGE, and it's always bugged me. Double post, my bad.

1 minute ago, bowld said:

Not sure but that Jersey is easily top 5

If you put the Pens top 5, then a jersey like the Coyotes should be at least top 10 based on the criteria you are using. I like it, but I don't get why most are utterly ambivalent towards Arizona's (which I also don't mind but don't love) 

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Just now, Bayne said:

If you put the Pens top 5, then a jersey like the Coyotes should be at least top 10 based on the criteria you are using. I like it, but I don't get why most are utterly ambivalent towards Arizona's (which I also don't mind but don't love) 

What criteria is that? Just because a team has vaguely similar striping doesn't mean you need to like their jerseys an equal amount

If we're talking about Tampa Bay's logo, the primary from 2007/08 - 2010/11 was undoubtedly their best effort. Especially since they still used black in their color scheme and didn't play Maple Leafs dress-up.

2uir3bokojm47gzgsigrgrje7.gif

(The perfect Bolts logo for me would be a mash-up of the current roundel alternate and the 2007/08 - 2010/11 Florida roundel alternate)

4 minutes ago, ~Bear said:

If we're talking about Tampa Bay's logo, the primary from 2007/08 - 2010/11 was undoubtedly their best effort. Especially since they still used black in their color scheme and didn't play Maple Leafs dress-up.

(The perfect Bolts logo for me would be a mash-up of the current roundel alternate and the 2007/08 - 2010/11 Florida roundel alternate)

Too top heavy and the bolt is too fat. The current logo is timeless, this one is stuck in 2007.

8 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

One team is in white the other are in a solid color, I should hope you know which is which.

Seriously? Didn't know, man learns new things everyday. ;)

Anyway Lighting lost their chance to incorporate black again.

4r2eer.png

27 minutes ago, poser said:

The Devils - worst change since Islanders Fisherman?

To me, the Devils are 2017's answer to the 2007 (right?) Oilers Edge change.  Is it the worst uniform ever?  No.  But the change is just confusing.  It's the one change that I cannot fathom anyone saying "yeah, that's an upgrade."

27 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

Wild are supposed to keep the road jersey for next year...

But I'm very happy about the Wild's jersey actually. That subtle amount of red somehow really works. I just hope the chest stripe continues to the back.

The Avs and the Canes also look fantastic! We'll see about the Hurricanes road jersey however...

If so then I guess I'll like the road jersey better than the home.

GOOD: The best news is that some teams with nice uniforms (Blues, Stars, O6).  Vegas is not spectacular, but it's solid. For me the only clear upgrade is Carolina.  I suppose Colorado, though I never really liked their original look (but they'd been making it worse anyway). 

BAD: Both the lack of hem stripes and the thin little hem stripes (like New Jersey, Arizona, and the Wild???? Not sure if that's what I am seeing on that one).  I do think New Jersey's the most clear downgrade.  It's not quite as "practice jersey" as the 2007 Oilers, but it's just (terrible) change for the sake of the manufacturer overhaul.  This is a team that has essentially had the same uniform since about 1991 or so, essentially kept the same uniform with the Edge overhaul, and now come out with something cheap looking?  Truth be told, I have found the red/black Devils boring, but at least they stuck to their look.  They either needed to do something crazy with the logo, go back to green, add green with the black, or just stay put.  Those other things would have been unpopular (or at least polarizing) but would have made more sense; but how could anyone say the Devils upgraded here?  

The Wild both improved and disappointed.  All I've ever asked of the Wild is to keep the primary logo front and center; don't squeeze it into a circle and don't remove it altogether.  I guess I should have been more specific.  This is too minimalist and, to no surprise, has marginalized red.  Are those numbers I see on the sleeve.  No red?  No surprise.  And the lack of hem stripe makes the uniform look a bit boring.  I can deal with the stripe across the chest (though would never have asked for it), but the lack of hem stripe makes it cheap looking.

We knew about Edmonton, but I don't like the orange primary.  I like this better than the alt from last year, as I just could not deal with the numbers in the yoke.  This one better-matches their glory years, but you know what would do that even more?  A blue jersey.  And the three stripe pattern does not work well. The white looks very odd there against the orange.  Blue/white/blue might work a little better, but the jersey should be blue.

Overall this is not as bad as the Edge overhaul, but there certainly are some misses.

Oh, and I see that graphic sorted the teams by division, but I cannot figure out how they sorted the teams within the divisions.  So, uh, kudos on putting Tampa bay and Toronto side-by-side.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived