NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NHL really dropped the ball by not having the Canadiens follow the Avalanche and Devils and honor the Colorado Rockies. After all, the Canadiens did play the Rockies a few times and should probably honor their existence because of that.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Sighhhhhhh...

Screen Shot 2017-09-19 at 11.29.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-19 at 11.29.28 PM.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

22 minutes ago, bowld said:

zENxLsx_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fColorado in home burgundy vs. Vegas road whites is beautiful. 2 of my favorite new unis going head to head 

That's a great looking matchup, I love the color contrast. Vegas' gold really pops on the ice and I think that white gloves turned out really nice. 

spacer.png

21 minutes ago, nash61 said:

Sighhhhhhh...

It's not too late, guys. You can just say there was a mix-up at the factory and go back to dressing properly, and no one will notice, because you're the Devils.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Finally got a look at the B's w/ black socks:

636414513786937167-SI-20170919-lbm-ad7-02.jpg.32cb92dd17f06802282ab9139d51e1c4.jpg

636414513790213188-AP-Red-Wings-Bruins-Hockey-M-2-.jpg.ea13152e3d92e907b9f5bd56f02b98ec.jpg

It's really... not quite as bad as i thought it was gonna be. But something still feels off. Modern. It's too modern. I mean It's still top 3 in the league, but with less integrity. Definitely a mistake.

Those new numbers don't look half bad though.

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

Boston's sock being virtually identical to Pittsburgh's is so irritating.

Both teams have their socks completely wrong, though.

Boston's should be yellow. However, i think they should have flipped the black and white in the previous yellow socks, which would have created a bit more consistency with the arm striping (having it always go black-white-black when inside of yellow, if that makes sense).

Pittsburgh's should be identical to their arm striping on the dark uniform, with the yellow extending down to the bottom of the sock.

Also, not sure if this has been mentioned, underrated huge upgrade, the blue jackets number font, was watching them a bit this afternoon and I think the numbers look fantastic. 

However, and this has definitely been mentioned, the new blue socks don't look good at all on TV. It's an example of design consistency being good "in theory" but the thin white and red stripes barely show up, and i noticed that they were so thin that they were being completely covered by players sock tape in a lot of instances, creating some weird inconsistencies.

I didn't like the blue jackets old socks either, but the stripes on these should be much thicker.

I don't mind the new Bruins socks, but as I look at these game photos I'm not so keen on them. They remind me somewhat of a semi-pro team cosplaying as the Bruins. There's too much black and not enough colour contrast like before. If they must stick with these socks then maybe adding a yellow stripe to the pants would make up for it, but then again that would be even more wrong.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Devils - Absolute garbage

Boston's socks - Garbage

Blue Jackets' socks - Garbage

Nashville's road look - Absolute garbage

Avalanche - Beautiful

Vegas' road look - Actually pretty damned good

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

6 hours ago, nash61 said:

Sighhhhhhh...

This is some minor league amateur hour bull :censored: .  Fire, no -- kill everyone associated with this sacrilege.  It's top down among the worst looks in all of sports.  The Charlotte Bobcats had better uniforms.  Dead people moldering in coffins from the 1800s wearing half-eaten rotten tatters are dressed better than the devils.  This ... this is an outrage.

-------

Vegas actually looks pretty kickass.  It's a bit odd seeing the white gloves/helmet w/ the home gear, but I'm all for it. Be different.  You're a new franchise, you're allowed.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

In watching the Bruins last night and seeing some more pictures, I noticed something.

In some pictures where you don't see the socks and just the jerseys, with the new numbers and a quick glance they look a lot more like their 70's set, and would really benefit from gold socks with black-white-black stripes to match. That was a subtle form of consistency with the seemingly inconsistent and traditional gold sock. 

Now, I actually did warm up the black socks and it's an ok look in general, but it's just not what they should be wearing. 

After seeing better images of the road set as well, they're not as bad, but still think they were better before. 

1 minute ago, McCarthy said:

I like the new number font. I like the new sock stripes. Fight me. 

59c265797a05e_2017-09-20at08-55-56.png.14a79498e452f494d6509d07f3812839.png

Given the thickness of the white hem stripe, they could emulate that on the socks and I think the greater contrast between it and the thin red stripe would make the socks look much better.

patriotssignature.png

Archived