NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's probably just for the teasers, but  I'm wondering if Detroit will be going with name plates for the regular season?  I wouldn't think something so minor would be consider a change that needed to be included in the teams that were announced to be changing.

3 minutes ago, wildwing64 said:

Nope. Dark edges on the photo with emphasis on the jersey colour and Addydass logo because marketing.

I must be looking at a different photo then, cause I see a grey collar.

The mothership posted some nice comparisons.  Really stoked for the Avalanche jerseys.  It looks like we will be getting a simplified approximation of the mountain range set with less black.  The colours of that teaser mirror the current home socks.

zUH6uuk.jpg

4 minutes ago, Heitert said:

I wish you were right but it's definitely white. 

Compare it to the white in the name patch, it's clearly a different color. I get that there is a shadow effect.

2 hours ago, the admiral said:

Occam's Razor: Oilers ownership/management is greedy and dumb

The city and fanbase really got on board with the "Orange Crush" theme in the playoffs, and those orange jerseys have been selling like crazy the past two years. I think it's a far superior uniform too and will look even better with navy instead of royal. As someone who was born towards the end of the Gretzky-era the blue uniforms have more awful memories than good ones since the 1990s: the team's first playoff drought, Pocklington trying to sell/move the team, and multiple rebuilds between 2010-2015 that were nothing but colossal failures.

1 hour ago, Danny said:

The city and fanbase really got on board with the "Orange Crush" theme in the playoffs, and those orange jerseys have been selling like crazy the past two years. I think it's a far superior uniform too and will look even better with navy instead of royal. As someone who was born towards the end of the Gretzky-era the blue uniforms have more awful memories than good ones since the 1990s: the team's first playoff drought, Pocklington trying to sell/move the team, and multiple rebuilds between 2010-2015 that were nothing but colossal failures.

Meh, you can wear orange in the stands even if the team wears blue. Might have even looked better.

I get all that about bad memories in the recent past, but like I said, the championships last forever while the bad years fade away. The Blackhawks have been the league's very best and very worst in the same uniform.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived