NHL 2017-18

Bmac

Just now, habsfan1 said:

I'm eager to find out whether it's a full arm stripe or just shoulder yokes...

Colorado and Ottawa are the two that I'm really looking forward to, just to see how they changed from the Edge patterns

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Roger Clemente said:

Quick and dirty example of what I was talking about that also matches the supposed draft hat.

vgk.png

That looks pretty similar to the Hamilton Bulldogs white sweater. If this is the design I would be more than ok with it.

I don't know. I think it's a trick with the lighting. On p 99 you can see Vegas and Pittsburgh a post away from each other and there's a dramatic difference. I think it's still the gray, just looks a lot different between lighting and filters.

1 hour ago, Roger Clemente said:

Quick and dirty example of what I was talking about that also matches the supposed draft hat.

vgk.png

This is something I could get behind very quickly. Has a very XFL Outlaws feel to it, and those were fantastic uniforms.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The only reason I say its not what is going to be the Oilers jersey is because it has the Captain's patch on it with the number 17.  That might not mean anything as it could be just a test.  Real or fake, it's a ugly looking jersey.  I don't really like how wide the collar is.  All the Oilers really needed to do is move the numbers down onto the sleeve.

1 minute ago, Shachihoko said:

It possible that the white part stop abruptly around the shoulder area... look at Sweden's jersey from WCH for example 

But the second color shows up on the front of the jersey for Sweden. This collar is all-white on the front.

1 hour ago, Shachihoko said:

I found a better footage of the jacket at The D event. 

This may be the new numbers for the VGK's jersey? You can see the gold outlines around the thick numbers. 

IMG_6858.PNG

IMG_6859.PNG

First, is that the Canucks NOB font? Second, are those B's upside down?

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

2 hours ago, Frylock said:

First, is that the Canucks NOB font? Second, are those B's upside down?

It looks like agency. But yeah those B's look a little strange.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

6 hours ago, CGL77 said:

First off, I don't think it's real (or at least the final design). However, if it were to be unveiled, I'll be okay with it. Sure, I'd like the orange spaces to be filled in (though this look is growing on me) and the yoke outline to be thickened (a reason why I don't think it's legitimate), but by playing with it in concepts for the past year, (unpopular opinion) I actually like this collar. 

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

In a vacuum, I like this collar well enough. Like it loads better than the stupid Reebok triangle. Problem is, I don't want every team to wear it. The modernity of the contour of the stripes flies in the face of traditional striping patterns.

Dallas, New York, or Montreal for example.... they'd all look best with actual tie-up and conservative collar stripes.

Now if the collars don't all end up being templated eye-catchers, I already much prefer the Adidas cut to the Reebok.

Now the Oilers striping pattern? If that's what it'll look like, that's on them and not Adidas. That's a downgrade from both the orange alternate and the old blue primaries. That's just ugly. Maybe it would look better if the blue and white were reversed.... But even then it wouldn't look as good as the old orange jersey. Guh.

Archived