NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had to post a screenshot, but didn't see the 20th anniversary logo for the Canes anywhere on the last few pages. Not quite sure where they found that font for the 20. Otherwise, I think it's a nice anniversary logo.

IMG_1102.PNG

screenshot-2017-09-15-18-37-19.png

8 hours ago, CGL77 said:

I think this is one of the final concepts that ultimately didn't make the cut.  The collar color and lettering doesn't match the teasers.

Regardless, I think there's several things about the Adidas jerseys we can gleam from this.

1.  The collar is too thick for my liking.  It'll look different on a player, though, because these collars lay flat against the shoulder pads and won't look quite as wide.  That being said, I think a solid contrasting collar like this one won't look good, especially with this front pentagon neck tie shape we've got going on now.  Collars that match the color of the jersey body or shoulders, and collars that are multiple colors (not different colors front and back, but traditional stripes of color going all the way around) might look okay.  I'm really interested to see how collar thats have colored stripes look with that solid pentagon.

2. Thin shoulder piping is still around.  I was hoping we'd get a bit thicker outlines on shoulder yokes. We also know from the Ducks teaser that phantom yokes are still with us.

3. The hemline is straight in front, but still scooped in the back.  We're halfway there.  What's interesting to me, though, is that the waist stripes are not straight all the way around.  They're straight in the front but follow the curve in the back.  The result is that the thickness between the bottom of the stripes and the hemline are consistent all the way around the jersey.  This is a huge improvement over the Edge stripes and hems.  On the Pens current Edge jerseys, for example, you get a decent, proper sized yellow stripe on the bottom of the front of the jersey, then it gets very small on the sides where the scooped hems on the front and back came together, and then you have this huge yellow flap on the back of the jersey due to the top of the stripe being straight all the way around the jersey but the back hemline scoop being deeper than the front.  This Adidas style would solve that and make a proper sized yellow bottom stripe all the way around the jersey.  It also gives the back numbers a little more breathing room by curving the stripes on the back.  Of course, the easiest and best solution would be to just have straight stripes and hems all the way, but we can't have everything I guess.

17 minutes ago, RollWolfpack said:

Had to post a screenshot, but didn't see the 20th anniversary logo for the Canes anywhere on the last few pages. Not quite sure where they found that font for the 20. Otherwise, I think it's a nice anniversary logo.

IMG_1102.PNG

If the Canes are changing their font to the on used for the 20 here, I like the change. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

21 minutes ago, RollWolfpack said:

IMG_1102.PNG

They've been in Carolina longer than the when Whalers were in Hartford. 

XM4KeeA.png

17 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

If the Canes are changing their font to the on used for the 20 here, I like the change. 

That 2 is hideous.  The top is thicker than the bottom.  Uneven serifs that use curves on top and angles on the bottom.  Ugh.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

13 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

That 2 is hideous.  The top is thicker than the bottom.  Uneven serifs that use curves on top and angles on the bottom.  Ugh.

I think the bottom of the numbers may still be rounded and sized the same as the top.  Looks like the numbers are behind the bar on the bottom

9 hours ago, CGL77 said:

I am sure I could get used to that, it means the road whites will match, but that is disappointing. Should have just stuck with blue and re-introduced the orange third with the thick hem stripe in a year. Thin stripes don't suit orange.

29 minutes ago, dbofox said:

I think the bottom of the numbers may still be rounded and sized the same as the top.  Looks like the numbers are behind the bar on the bottom

If that's true, then it's just bad design overall.  Too many layers.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

9 hours ago, Shachihoko said:

I found a better footage of the jacket at The D event. 

This may be the new numbers for the VGK's jersey? You can see the gold outlines around the thick numbers. 

IMG_6858.PNG

IMG_6859.PNG

"Bubolz" is in a standard block font, whereas "Stevens" and "Gallant" are in Agency. The numerals are more baseball-sized than hockey-sized. I wouldn't put any stock in this.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

30 minutes ago, Ti-Nick said:

I don’t know if I’m hallucinating, but the space between the stripes seems to be another color. You see it better when you zoom in. Maybe copper, like the Oilers used in the 90’s?

It's the acid, I had the same problem a few pages back.

32 minutes ago, Ti-Nick said:

I don’t know if I’m hallucinating, but the space between the stripes seems to be another color. You see it better when you zoom in. Maybe copper, like the Oilers used in the 90’s?

For the love of whoever you worship, please no copper!!

2 hours ago, insert name said:

They've been in Carolina longer than the when Whalers were in Hartford. 

In NHL years, yes. In total years (including their founding in the WHA), no.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

1 hour ago, Ti-Nick said:

Can I have what ever you got?

12 hours ago, CGL77 said:

The collar has differences. But it could be real deal, or the final product could be similar minus the collar.

If it's real, I like it. Everything stands out very well.

Archived