NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, GFB said:

Andy knows his craft. If he says it's sloppy, then it's sloppy.

Well, case closed then :rolleyes: .  As I said before, when someone comes up with a better alternative, I will consider the criticisms leveled against it.

9 minutes ago, GFB said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

HrZtftW.jpg

That update no longer resembles a sitting-devil which is the most clever thing about the logo...  I like the double-stroke on the circle but the rest of it looks boxy and awkward.  Back to the drawing board I'm afraid.

15 minutes ago, Morgo said:

That update no longer resembles a sitting-devil which is the most clever thing about the logo...  I like the double-stroke on the circle but the rest of it looks boxy and awkward.  Back to the drawing board I'm afraid.

I've never heard the "sitting devil" explanation before, but it sounds like something you heard somewhere and then tricked yourself into seeing.

On January 13, 2017 at 3:50 PM, VikWings said:

I too prefer white over color at home. Some of it is nostalgia, but a lot of it is I usually prefer white jerseys to color, with a few exceptions of course (Habs for example). If anything I'd like to see the Red Wings become the Cowboys of the NHL. Just because their white jerseys are the best jerseys in hockey. And while the red jerseys are nice on their own, I just don't like monocrhome looks.

I seem to prefer like white jerseys more than color in the NFL too (not that I want them to go white at home) Most of the jerseys I made my parents get me as a kid were white. Maybe it's the way the colors pop off the white IDK.

Here's what I would do. I would keep things as is for the regular season, but come playoff time I would allow each team to designate a home uniform of their choice.

You wouldn't have any issues as far as equipment management goes, as everyone would know ahead of the series what colour teams have chosen. 

This is way a team like the Jets could do their traditional white out in the arena without their fans looking like they're supporting the opposing team. 

That's not a sitting devil because how would he recline and have his tail going forward? Are we to believe Satan does a reverse-Buffalo Bill with his tail? Come on man! That's like saying there's a hidden "D" for "Devils" in the negative space. You're gilding the lily.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

3 minutes ago, the admiral said:

That's not a sitting devil because how would he recline and have his tail going forward? Are we to believe Satan does a reverse-Buffalo Bill with his tail? Come on man! That's like saying there's a hidden "D" for "Devils" in the negative space. You're gilding the lily.

isnt there a hidden hockey stick in the space in between the n and tail?

7 hours ago, GFB said:

I've never heard the "sitting devil" explanation before, but it sounds like something you heard somewhere and then tricked yourself into seeing.

You're right, I read about it somewhere but I don't think I'm tricking myself.  The devil actually looks more like the Buffalo-Man, used by the band Jamiroquai, but he's definitely there.  Of course I can't find the article but I remember it being from an reputable source.

XFRa4pB.jpgkC9PoXn.jpg

6 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Looks to me like the tail is going to the side, not through his legs.

2 minutes ago, Rollins Man said:

isnt there a hidden hockey stick in the space in between the n and tail?

Only one whose legality would curse Canadian NHL teams for 25 years.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

That concept logo looks less like a N and J than the current one does, and the tail is kinda hammerheadish.  The right side of the NJ dominates the left. There's lots of curves, but it's angular on the inside where the tail starts. Honestly it's just not a good design, and certainly not an improvement.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

"My spies tell me that with Lou out of the picture, the Devils briefly considered sweeping changes to their identity but have since scaled back. But look for redesigned home and road sweaters along with a new shoulder patch. And consider them a lock for their first-ever third jersey in 2018-19."

-Icethetics

So what I gather from that is:

-Keep the logo

-Tweaked/redesigned jerseys

-New shoulder patch (I'm most excited for that)

-New third jersey in 2018-19 (Most likely either the current home or red-green throwback)

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

16 hours ago, GFB said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

HrZtftW.jpg

- The double circle doesn't fit with the bolder lines in the rest of the logo, and will look gray and muddled from any appreciable distance.

- The tail looks nothing like a devil's tail.

- The way-too-trendy serif on the N and the tail being forced partly inside the circle make the N too small and there's too much negative space on the left as a result.

- The bottom half of the J is too straight for my liking. That part is representing the tail; it should have a little flow to it.

The top three, I think, are major problems. The bottom one might be minor. Fix all those... and it's probably not worth changing from the original.

2 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

"My spies tell me that with Lou out of the picture, the Devils briefly considered sweeping changes to their identity but have since scaled back. But look for redesigned home and road sweaters along with a new shoulder patch. And consider them a lock for their first-ever third jersey in 2018-19."

-Icethetics

So what I gather from that is:

-Keep the logo

-Tweaked/redesigned jerseys

-New shoulder patch (I'm most excited for that)

-New third jersey in 2017-18 (Most likely either the current home or red-green throwback)

There are to be NO third jerseys next season.  They will return for the 2018-2019 season

1 hour ago, Cosmic said:

- The double circle doesn't fit with the bolder lines in the rest of the logo, and will look gray and muddled from any appreciable distance.

- The tail looks nothing like a devil's tail.

- The way-too-trendy serif on the N and the tail being forced partly inside the circle make the N too small and there's too much negative space on the left as a result.

- The bottom half of the J is too straight for my liking. That part is representing the tail; it should have a little flow to it.

The top three, I think, are major problems. The bottom one might be minor. Fix all those... and it's probably not worth changing from the original.

lol you're analysing a turd. It's not even a legitimately good logo alternative. Jesus...

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Archived