NHL 2017-18

Bmac

1 hour ago, llfhockey said:

black lines on dark charcoal

Likely splitting hairs, but it's more slate. Charcoal is generally only a bit lighter than black.

13 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

It doesn't go with the team design and flags on sports uniforms (especially state/provincial) are lame.  Plus there are two teams in Alberta.    

I find it funnier that they weren't even the first NHL team in Alberta.

...Almost as pretentious as the Panthers.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Morgo said:

Oh :censored: off!  How visually illiterate can a team be...

Well, in fairness to the Flames, it is a look that says, "Hell yes, we'll trade for Mike Smith!"

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

50 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

Well, in fairness to the Flames, it is a look that says, "Hell yes, we'll trade for Mike Smith!"

Unforgivable act of defeating the great Chicago in 2012 notwithstanding, I'll give him a chance :rolleyes:.  This is so frustrating because no matter what they do with the striping, the jersey will be completely ruined by that tacky, obtrusive and wholly unnecessary clash-patch.  How hard would it have been to use the logo from their recently retired alternate.  Or just leave the shoulders empty if you can't come up with a real secondary logo.  I thought this would be the year we would finally be rid of that thing but in true Flames fashion, it was not to be.  They deserve every bit of backlash they're going to get over this.

That team isn't leaving Arizona as long as Gary Bettman's drawing breath.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

1 hour ago, Sodboy13 said:

What.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, Shachihoko said:

Oooh... The Sharks are getting a new shoulder patch... Nice pearly whites... 

Screen Shot 2017-06-19 at 12.07.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-19 at 12.05.21 PM.png

Digging the new Sharks patch. Would be a waste to not use any of those new logos on the uniforms.

And definitely yay to the Mighty Ducks patch staying. That's one non-change I'm happy about, at least.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

4 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

Ok I undestand that Calgary is proud of being from Alberta, but this Flags on shoulders still doesn't look good. Why they can't go with this alternate log or without any logos?

Because this is the same ownership group that dresses the Stampeders.  They're stubborn beyond belief and have a terrible sense of style

zzPEfBm.png

31 minutes ago, steve61 said:

Because this is the same ownership group that dresses the Stampeders.  They're stubborn beyond belief and have a terrible sense of style

They opted to keep everything as is, for the most part, because they don't care to make any aesthetic improvements. The roundel C with mountains would make for a beautiful shoulder patch. But they don't bother investing time and money to add their own input because it's not in their priorities.

22 minutes ago, M4One said:

What if Calgary is basically the same jersey minus the trim going to nowhere?

It will likely be the same striping style extracted from the generic Reebok template and inserted onto a generic Adidas template. :rolleyes:

Archived