Bmac

NHL 2017-18

Bayne    173

The collars are probably going to ruin everything IMO.

spartacat_12    173
2 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Ok I undestand that Calgary is proud of being from Alberta, but this Flags on shoulders still doesn't look good. Why they can't go with this alternate log or without any logos?

That's why the alternate logo from the old thirds is perfect. It incorporates the wheat field & mountains from the flag's crest, but uses the teams actual colour scheme. Much better than a contrasting flag slapped onto the shoulder.

The Canadian flag might bother me even more than the Alberta one. There are 7 teams in Canada, 2 of which are named after people from Canada, and another 2 that have a maple leaf front and centre on their primary logo. Sure, the red & white flag isn't as gaudy on the Flames' jersey as the provincial one, but it is still a worse kind of pandering (I hate the idea of any NHL team being called "Canada's team").

coltravesty    61
13 minutes ago, Bayne said:

The collars are probably going to ruin everything IMO.

some teams will have the horse shoe collar thing, but I believe most will be traditional.

llfhockey    181
29 minutes ago, coltravesty said:

some teams will have the horse shoe collar thing, but I believe most will be traditional.

they said that when nike did the nfl..

Flames1fan    66
54 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

That's why the alternate logo from the old thirds is perfect. It incorporates the wheat field & mountains from the flag's crest, but uses the teams actual colour scheme. Much better than a contrasting flag slapped onto the shoulder.

The Canadian flag might bother me even more than the Alberta one. There are 7 teams in Canada, 2 of which are named after people from Canada, and another 2 that have a maple leaf front and centre on their primary logo. Sure, the red & white flag isn't as gaudy on the Flames' jersey as the provincial one, but it is still a worse kind of pandering (I hate the idea of any NHL team being called "Canada's team").

I like the fact the Calgary flames use the flag idea, no other team does it. Their own thing, one of kind. Showing they are proud where they come from

dont care    1,444
13 minutes ago, Flames1fan said:

I like the fact the Calgary flames use the flag idea, no other team does it. Their own thing, one of kind. Showing they are proud where they come from

There's a reason for that

Red Wolf    830
1 hour ago, spartacat_12 said:

Could be worse. The NFL has 32 American teams, yet one of them is known as America's Team. 

daniel75    379
Just now, DiePerske said:

I know and fully admit that the flags are a bad design choice. I still love that the flames do it though.

Imperfection can be o.k.

Zeus89725    996
22 minutes ago, Flames1fan said:

Ahem...

Image result for colorado avalanche vs ny rangers 2016

And if not that, then...

Avs-New-Uniform.jpg

Morgo    2,151

Colorado won't be using the flag anymore.  That uniform is thankfully history.

spartacat_12    173
19 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

Could be worse. The NFL has 32 American teams, yet one of them is known as America's Team. 

But you can make the argument that the Cowboys earned the nickname organically. They didn't redesign their uniforms with a US flag patch on the sleeves out of nowhere.

number81    14
7 minutes ago, Morgo said:

Colorado won't be using the flag anymore.  That uniform is thankfully history.

Well, except for the C shoulder patch, which was comfirmed today that it's staying. Which means another Colorado themed alt is probably a safe bet.

llfhockey    181
5 minutes ago, number81 said:

Well, except for the C shoulder patch, which was comfirmed today that it's staying. Which means another Colorado themed alt is probably a safe bet.

or the fact they said that alternates are now a thing of the past

Zeus89725    996
Just now, insert name said:

The Flames using the Alberta flag patch reminded me of when the Arizona Cardinals used the Arizona state flag patch on their jersey.

Except that Arizona has a good flag.

bowld    564

I believe we will only see the home jerseys tomorrow night with each team showing their roads at the draft. Is this confirmed?

Zeus89725    996
Just now, bowld said:

I believe we will only see the home jerseys tomorrow night with each team showing their roads at the draft. Is this confirmed?

God, I hope not. I don't want to wait that long for Minnesota's mismatched home/away being official.