NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I look at a Calgary fames jersey I can say it's proud be from Canada and Alberta. They take pride in where they come from like no other team does. They are  thinking out side box when they made that idea. So what if people who don't like the flag idea. It's was made for the fan of the c of red. To show them they are Alberta strong with what their team name means to the provinces. Its show your true colours for team like the flames. Alberta strong with the Calgary Flames. 

hvmY186.png

13 minutes ago, bowld said:

I believe we will only see the home jerseys tomorrow night with each team showing their roads at the draft. Is this confirmed?

Yeah, it's only going to be the home uniforms tomorrow, sadly. The road uniforms will be released at each team's discretion from what I understand.

3 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

Can confirm that it follows the design I've seen, except it's missing the numbers on the upper part of the sleeves.

4 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

Can confirm that it follows the design I've seen, except it's missing the numbers on the upper part of the sleeves.

Any chance this means we'll see the jerseys without numbers tomorrow? I remember they did that with a handful of World Cup jerseys, and it was SUPER annoying.

16 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

For those who hate links:

cbj-mock.jpg

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I despise the orca and will continue to refuse to buy anything with that logo on it. Hugely disappointed as a canucks fan to not see some of the bugs not worked out of our current set. If ownership are dead set on sticking with that logo then I wish they'd at least make it look like it matches the rest of the jersey and less "clip artish" It sticks out so bad without any green and dark blue almost black whale. Also ditch the current European style font and go back to our traditional block font.

Something along the lines of a concept I created a few years ago...

Cancuks_jersey_con2.png

I think the Flames and CSEC (the name of the ownership) might be one of the most, if not the most, tone deaf sports groups around.

Fans want to get rid of the flags and go retro, Flames don't go retro and keep the flags.

Fans don't want the black away helmets, Stampeders keep wearing the black helmets.

The Roughnecks drop their fan favourite mascot Derrick, the guy on their logo, in favour of Howie the Honey Badger. This change happening the same time the "Honey badger don't give a :censored:" video being viral, though no official connection has been made. The Roughnecks also switched from some great uniforms to templated garbage much like the Flames.

The Hitmen switched from good uniforms to templated garbage (Ottawa with sleeve stripes) to better templated garbage (Buffalo but with the chest piping only on the white jersey for some reason). They also had the stupidest ad campaign/promotion motto last year called "Pure Hockey" which was basically "hockey bro". There was a commercial where a couple players were trying to go "bardownski" and you could buy shirts that said "Dangle Snipe Celly" and "Dangle Pylons".

IbjBaeE.png

42 minutes ago, mr.nascar13 said:

For those who hate links:

cbj-mock.jpg

See, I think the collars are fine in this context. That is, when the base of the collar is the same as the base of the jersey, and the contrast color is the smaller part at the top. This will also look good on the roads, assuming the collar is exactly the same and will blend with the blue shoulders. 

If this particular collar was entirely red, I think it would look bad, because it's a bit bulky, so if teams do a totally contrasting design, then we might have some issues. Similar effect to the way-too-big Nike NFL flywire collars.

What is most interesting to me is how the designs with lace-up elements will look. Will there be an entirely new shape to those collars, or will they keep this exact template seen above, with the pentagon shaped NHL shield "holder" being positioned slightly behind the laces?

20 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

I think the Flames and CSEC (the name of the ownership) might be one of the most, if not the most, tone deaf sports groups around.

Fans want to get rid of the flags and go retro, Flames don't go retro and keep the flags.

Fans don't want the black away helmets, Stampeders keep wearing the black helmets.

The Roughnecks drop their fan favourite mascot Derrick, the guy on their logo, in favour of Howie the Honey Badger. This change happening the same time the "Honey badger don't give a :censored:" video being viral, though no official connection has been made. The Roughnecks also switched from some great uniforms to templated garbage much like the Flames.

The Hitmen switched from good uniforms to templated garbage (Ottawa with sleeve stripes) to better templated garbage (Buffalo but with the chest piping only on the white jersey for some reason). They also had the stupidest ad campaign/promotion motto last year called "Pure Hockey" which was basically "hockey bro". There was a commercial where a couple players were trying to go "bardownski" and you could buy shirts that said "Dangle Snipe Celly" and "Dangle Pylons".

I was so to hopping retro would come back. Flames new jersey are probably going be one of most look at redesign jersey since no body has a idea what they done. Look at pass history flames never done red collar, always been black or red and yellow.

The retro jersey look so much better on tv, then there home jersey. Even when you go to a Flames game you even see lot of fan wearing the retro jersey to.

hvmY186.png

44 minutes ago, Flames1fan said:

I was so to hopping retro would come back. Flames new jersey are probably going be one of most look at redesign jersey since no body has a idea what they done. Look at pass history flames never done red collar, always been black or red and yellow.

The retro jersey look so much better on tv, then there home jersey. Even when you go to a Flames game you even see lot of fan wearing the retro jersey to.

If @Ferdinand Cesarano needs to correct people who use the phrase "begs the question", he'd have a field day with this post! 

2 hours ago, Flames1fan said:

When I look at a Calgary fames jersey I can say it's proud be from Canada and Alberta. They take pride in where they come from like no other team does. They are  thinking out side box when they made that idea. So what if people who don't like the flag idea. It's was made for the fan of the c of red. To show them they are Alberta strong with what their team name means to the provinces. Its show your true colours for team like the flames. Alberta strong with the Calgary Flames. 

And now you know why Edwards, Burke, and King think they can get CalgaryNEXT built with public funds.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

2 hours ago, jetmonkeyj said:

I despise the orca and will continue to refuse to buy anything with that logo on it. Hugely disappointed as a canucks fan to not see some of the bugs not worked out of our current set. If ownership are dead set on sticking with that logo then I wish they'd at least make it look like it matches the rest of the jersey and less "clip artish" It sticks out so bad without any green and dark blue almost black whale. Also ditch the current European style font and go back to our traditional block font.

Something along the lines of a concept I created a few years ago...

Cancuks_jersey_con2.png

I really hope not. It looks like you pasted the Orca over the third jerseys, and the striping on the third jerseys is awful.

Archived