Bmac

NHL 2017-18

27 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

^ just home uniforms tonight. each team has discretion on when they unveil their road uniforms.

Gracias, senor.

Gotta love an expansion hockey team launching their store and gear today when its supposed to be 119 degrees! 

So... do you think the Golden Knights players will wear gold helmets at home?

3 hours ago, McCarthy said:

I wouldn't mind if the Blue Jackets used the state flag of Ohio in place of the cannon logo on the shoulders. It's the best flag in the union and the colors would match. 

Ahem.

flagofColoradoCO.jpg

2 minutes ago, Roger Clemente said:

I sure hope not. Gold helmets with charcoal uni's would look awful

1 minute ago, Zeus89725 said:

Ahem.

flagofColoradoCO.jpg

Is that a pennant? No. Argument over. NEXT. 

3 minutes ago, bowld said:
6 minutes ago, Roger Clemente said:

I sure hope not. Gold helmets with charcoal uni's would look awful

cut.jpg

I would be pretty cool if they all used gold colored sticks as well like the sword there. 

Gold helmets at home might work if there's enough of a balance of gold accented on the jersey..

NotreDamehky10810.jpg

Just now, AstroBull21 said:

Gold helmets at home might work if there's enough of a balance of gold accented on the jersey..

NotreDamehky10810.jpg

Nah. That only works (if it does at all) because of what school it is. And the NHL aesthetic is much different than college. 

3 minutes ago, B-mer said:

Senators draft hat with a clue to what i think we all expected...

Hopefully its something like this and not the awful template they have been rocking with RBKff_2528567_full.jpg&w=600

2 minutes ago, bowld said:

Hopefully its something like this and not the awful template they have been rocking with RBKff_2528567_full.jpg&w=600

My guess is it'll look like the Reebok jerseys.  If it were regular stripes like that hoody, the hat would be red/white/black/red.

senators.jpg.size.custom.crop.1086x751.j

16 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

Ottawa could wear gold helmets if they really wanted to, but luckily they don't.

My guess is that it will be that striping pattern moved down to the cuffs like a straight line version of their pre-edge red sweaters (without the swoosh obviously). Their current sweaters are basically an adaptation of that forced onto a reebok template so it seems minor enough of a change.

13 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

Nah. That only works (if it does at all) because of what school it is. And the NHL aesthetic is much different than college. 

I'd have to agree. Take out the very long history of the Notre Dame gold football helmets, and that Notre Dame helmet would just look strange. Also, it'd look worse without the front cage, which obviously wouldn't be there in the NHL.

FWIW, if that Notre Dame uniform were worn by an NHL team, we'd consider it one of the worst in the league. The arched wordmark, the green shamrock on the pants despite green not appearing anywhere else on the uniform, the gold helmet, even the hokey number font - the work at the college level, in the context of Notre Dame's broader identity, but they'd never, ever work in the NHL. Totally different aesthetic, and without years of a college football team's tradition behind it.

2 minutes ago, B-mer said:

yes, i'm picturing this...

IMG_8365.PNG.2914fdaddb0aed2d3c09093c072444e9.thumb.PNG.c3390466a66b397ee0d9a89b4f173710.PNG

Major upgrade if true

1 minute ago, B-mer said:

yes, i'm picturing this...

IMG_8365.PNG.2914fdaddb0aed2d3c09093c072444e9.thumb.PNG.c3390466a66b397ee0d9a89b4f173710.PNG

I wonder about a new shoulder patch for the Sens, as they didn't tease one yesterday.