NHL 2017-18

Bmac

32 minutes ago, Chico said:

Second leak of the day!

IMG_20170620_150820.jpg

IMG_20170620_150824.jpg

Ew. White numbers on a Blues jersey just looks weird. I hated them when their old navy alternate used them, and I hate them now.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, demondg1 said:

Nashville could use a touch of blue on the top half of the jersey.  I think they'd look fine if they wore them with blue helmets.  But that is very unlikely to happen.

Ugh, I'd forgotten about the gold helmets...

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

The Blues jersey isn't getting much negative critique because the changes were kept to a minimal. The Preds oversimplified to the point where it looks generic. Generic isn't the exact same thing as clean/simple. I'm concerned that more teams will adopt a generic look that will be a downgrade and won't last very long. There could be a lot of very downgraded looks to be unveiled later.

The Blues essentially kept it the same...which is good (could have closed the gap between white and yellow on sleeve/hem to match yoke, but that's not my point).  So it's a downgrade thanks to the goofy collar.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

2 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

The Blues numbers look screen printed on...

It's hard to see but they probably have the "mesh holes" in them, like the World Cup jerseys did, and that one teaser of a practice jersey.

1 minute ago, CreamSoda said:

It's gonna be like the Edge takeover.

Release a less than ideal jersey, sell jersey to fans.

Fix the jersey and sell jersey to the same fans.

Somebody explain this model - particularly emphasis on the second step - to Ottawa, thank you. 

9 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

The Blues jersey isn't getting much negative critique because the changes were kept to a minimal.

Switching the numbers from gold to white is a very significant change to me, considering the team has had gold numbers on their regular blue jerseys since their inception. This is the epitome of change for change's sake, and it really makes them not look like the Blues anymore. The jersey also loses a lot of warmth.

2 minutes ago, Chazberg said:

Switching the numbers from gold to white is a very significant change to me, considering the team has had gold numbers on their regular blue jerseys since their inception. This is the epitome of change for change's sake, and it really makes them not look like the Blues anymore. The jersey also loses a lot of warmth.

A lot of this is gonna be change for change sake, most of them not for the better. In couple of years, they'll throw in new uniforms with the correct changes.

After all....

XM4KeeA.png

The greatest thing about a day like today is that Detroit and Chicago can unveil the exact same sweaters they've been wearing for 50 years and people will still be like, "yeah, it's okay I guess but look at that collar and does that sleeve stripe look an inch higher to anyone. Huge downgrade."

Archived