NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, PaperThin said:

If they've made the Preds that much simpler, then by those standards the Red Wings are gonna have a plain red jersey and Adidas will claim, "AH WELL ITS SIMPLE AND CHIC AND UNIQUE AND DID I SAY IT WAS SIMPLE"

And it would still be up to the team to sign off on that hypothetical.

Here's my take.

Nashville/Adidas deserve kudos for dropping the piping mess. Simplifying the arm and hem stripes is bad, for two reasons. First, a thin white line bordering yellow. Second it takes away more Navy, from the look.

I like the gold look. That being said, it needs a fair amount of navy, to keep it from feeling too light, or like a colored road jersey, ala expansion Kings. With the gold hemet and navy pants, it's going to be a bit lopsided. If they went back to the Navy helmets, it might be a salvageable look, but I'm doubting this will happen. 

Also, what is their resistance to adding the shoulder patch to both sides?

Seriously, unless the Preds win the Cup in these things, I think I'll pass. This look moved beyond simplified, and into generic & bland. It's a downgrade.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

1 minute ago, kiwi_canadian said:

Quick question, is this being broadcast anywhere online or TV?

kiwi, the place is right here, the show is here, really, you'll remember this evening... lots of laughs to come

1 minute ago, kiwi_canadian said:

Quick question, is this being broadcast anywhere online or TV?

Probably will be broadcast on NHL.com, maybe there will be a link on adidas' Twitter.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 minutes ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

Here's my take.

Nashville/Adidas deserve kudos for dropping the piping mess. Simplifying the arm and hem stripes is bad, for two reasons. First, a thin white line bordering yellow. Second it takes away more Navy, from the look.

I like the gold look. That being said, it needs a fair amount of navy, to keep it from feeling too light, or like a colored road jersey, ala expansion Kings. With the gold hemet and navy pants, it's going to be a bit lopsided. If they went back to the Navy helmets, it might be a salvageable look, but I'm doubting this will happen. 

The bottom line to me is the Preds' uniforms need to be bulldozed, not gently massaged. They have a nice color scheme, but the rest of their identity is crap.

i made a special event discord server that folks can use if they want for this or any future thing wherethis place may get overloaded. https://discord.gg/kdAm4bU is the url for it, and there is a voice chat component, but i dont forsee it being used. mods, if this is the wrong place for this, i apologize. and since i forgot, you'll have to have a verified email to chat

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

Archived