NHL 2017-18

Bmac

3 minutes ago, brycew8 said:

I have a sinking feeling that there won't be any lace-up collars. I thought they looked great on the Habs jerseys and was probably the only redeeming feature on the Flames.

They'll still be around on the adidas jerseys.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, bowld said:

Still want to see the back of Columbus since they are using the 3rd jersey font. Wonder if they still go 2 color or just white

It's not the 3rd jersey "masking tape numbers" font. Note that the 7 is angled. This is a new font which appears to be a narrowed modification of the wordmark on the cannon crest.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

8 minutes ago, NYYNYR said:

That now has to be the dude's signature line, right?

if it's not, may he be immortalized in carbonite

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

I wouldn’t have minded the Jackets going in a bit of a different direction, but have no real qualms about what they’ve done. Wish they would’ve corrected the piping imbalance between the sleeve and hem, though — that’s always bugged me. Looks like the collars should actually work the same, though, which I like. Wish there was a thin white stripe there, too.

I’ll miss the wonky numbers we’ve had for years. Copperplate was a terrible number font, but I have a really strong fondness for whatever that name font was. Goodbye, old friend.

I echo most sentiments on the other two out; hate the Blues with white numbers and wish they would’ve corrected the striping not lining up between the yoke and the rest of the sweater, wish the Predators had a bit more going on.

6fQjS3M.png

The Blues play in the darkest arena in the NHL. Players have complained about the lack of brightness specifically there. 

Then you throw in the dark navy helmets and yokes (which look black almost because of the poor lighting), and I think it mutes the whole look. So, I welcome the white numbers. To me, IMHO, they stand out in that arena. 

1 hour ago, Shachihoko said:

Nashville look utterly BORING!  Would be cool if they add a few navy guitar strings just above the hem..  This looks better and keep it appealing.  

Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 1.50.50 PM (2).png

I had a similar thought. The guitar string element on the numbers is just begging to be used as a striping pattern. It's unique (outside of the 90s St. Louis Blues jerseys) and it would create some much needed cohesion between the various jersey design elements.

Personally I'd have a blue stripe of similar thickness to the white stripe immediately above the white (for contrast) followed by a series of blue "guitar strings". I could also see a similar pattern used on the socks.

1 minute ago, EichGOAT99 said:

Via adidasHockey twitter

IMG_8275.JPG

So the dark locker is definitely Vegas. Looks like slate with red, gold, and (maybe) black stripes. 

Closest locker is Vancouver, following by LA (sad to see the ridiculous piping has remained), and what I hope is Colorado.

Looks like the Oilers leaks are true... dear god. 

From what I can see, The Vegas Golden Knights looks surprising good. 

But I'm very curious to see all NHL uniforms and how the new collars play with the uniforms ( yes I'm hooked on the collars ).

4kv29i.jpg

1 minute ago, EichGOAT99 said:

Via adidasHockey twitter

(snipped the photo because quoting photos is lame)

Weird colour balance on that photo. I think that's the Canucks in the foreground/

Archived