NHL 2017-18

Bmac

1 minute ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Caps look so out of date. I guess you can't mess with the look that has secured THREE Presidents Trophy banners!!! Hell yeah!!!

Yeah that's one of the ones that suddenly looks really dated. Really could have used a new look - then again, not like they knew they were going to get bounced early again this year. 

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Caps look so out of date. I guess you can't mess with the look that has secured THREE Presidents Trophy banners!!! Hell yeah!!!

Which is funny, because they mess with it all the time by wearing the objectively hideous capilals sweaters as much as they can.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I know everyone has different tastes, but when something is a mess, like the Capitals, why can't they see it?  Why put out this garbage?  Same with the ducks, but they did a little better getting rids of the wordmark as the logo a few years ago.  Baby steps.

My takes-

-The Avs are quite refreshing. A modern take on a classic. Great upgrade.

-Edmonton is actually fine. Maybe royal could have been better... but still...

-New Jersey looks like a team that got their uniforms from Nike's 2014 Olympics set. Very dissapointing.

-Vegas wearing grey is quite nice. It does add a good variety of colors to the NHL jerseys.

-Nashville went from busy to very bland. This is better, but not ideal.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

Also if you rewind back to the EDGE takeover of 2007 the league has improved it's overall color balance and vibrancy sooooo much.

Flyers were in black.

Wild were in red.

Stars were in black.

Predators were in navy.

oilers were in navy.

There weren't ANY orange, green, or yellow teams.

We now have those plus a charcoal grey team. So much better. Now for the Kings to go back to purple...

Just now, elliott said:

We now have those plus a charcoal grey team. So much better. Now for the Kings to go back to purple...

I don't see that happening for a long time. Just saw something recently that they almost promoted the original purple uniform to 3rd status, but that was before the Cups. If the team plays poorly the next few years, I would see a return to the Gretzky uniforms first especially with Luc and Blake at the helm.

3 minutes ago, Shachihoko said:

I'm not too sure due to the low image resolution. But it does look like Tampa Bay added black stripes on the white? I can't tell.... That would be really nice... 

Not that I see.

I bet Devils will change his jersey in near two years, because of their fans.

Tampa looks the same like previously, still Maple Leafs ripoff.

Avalanche is the winner no doubt.

Hurricanes is good, but I don't see any "Warning flag" which is bad

Wilds also looks great, but tbh I prefer their Stadium Series jersey more which doesn't mean that I don't like new one.

4r2eer.png

Avs finally look like themselves, Devils are a failure in my opinion. Minnesota, I'll hold off on judging until I see the new road kit to see how the whole look meshes. But Lord does Vegas look amazing, can't wait for that to be hanging up next to my Ducks sweater

2 minutes ago, HoopsCoach55 said:

Avs finally look like themselves, Devils are a failure in my opinion. Minnesota, I'll hold off on judging until I see the new road kit to see how the whole look meshes. But Lord does Vegas look amazing, can't wait for that to be hanging up next to my Ducks sweater

I really hope the wild don't change their road jerseys.  They were the very best in the NHL the last couple years.

4 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

I bet Devils will change his jersey in near two years, because of their fans.

Tampa looks the same like previously, still Maple Leafs ripoff.

Like Pittsburgh ripping off the Bruins.

Archived