NHL 2017-18

Bmac

5 minutes ago, Shachihoko said:

Look like all 31 team jerseys are under the giant tarp... 

Guess this guy hasn't been to Vegas much. 5 middle age guys hanging around the dance floor is far from "popping".

3 minutes ago, Shachihoko said:

That's just photoshop... Not even close... 

Maybe Vegas has some revolutionary material, that if the light hits it on the right angle, it lightens up big time or has a sheen to it. Any club that would do it would be Vegas.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Shachihoko said:

Look like all 31 team jerseys are under the giant tarp... 

"So, how should we present these Adidas jereseys?"

1) Have players model them? 

2) Hang(or whatever) the jerseys and reveal them with a curtain pull? 

3) Have then under a giant tarp and reveal them that way? 

"We'll go with option 3."

Ugh.... Doesn't look finished to me. 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

I'll wait until seeing them modeled on people, but my thoughts so far:

Sharks: Like they would actually fix the problems with their set! I'm used to this team being as inflexible as Joe Thornton's lower body, so it's neither surprising nor disappointing.

Canadiens: These better have straight sleeve stripes.

Rangers: The red patch in the tie-down looks silly, especially when compared to the other tie-down teams. Other than that, it's the Rangers looking like the Rangers.

Penguins: It's amazing how much the new template helps the hem stripe not look like arse.

Bruins: I like that they didn't try to reinvent the wheel. The cleaned-up NOB's/numbers will look nice.

Avs: Perfection! I've long advocated for them to go in a completely new direction (see me trying in vain to make peace between Rollins Man and the traditionalists), but going back to the classics is fantastic. I never liked the Yeti patch, so having a correctly-colored "Colorado flag" patch is nice. Let's hope they don't give into that Colorado flag/weed tourism cash next season. 

Sabres: I like the lack of piping. I'm not thrilled with the front number, but baby steps.

Carolina: It's markedly better! I still don't like their look that much, but they're better!

Capitals: A lateral move, to put it best.

Devils: They're a downgrade, yes, but I'm glad they resisted the temptation to go back to green. Now to pull a New Coke with the classic set...

Predators: A second blue stripe above the white would've been nice, but oh well. The minimalism (compared to the crest) is kind of refreshing.

Minnesota: It's OK, better than the red but still not as good as the originals.

Blues: I like the white numbers! Leave the yellow-centric blue/yellow look for Nashville and Buffalo. Besides, I'm sure they'll be back soon enough (resurrected Winter Classic alternate).

Golden Knights: I find that I rather like these! Kudos for using a proper hem stripe and a primary grey base.

Ducks: It's a lateral move, but I kind of like the current set, so eh.

Edmonton: I strangely like these uniforms. I don't mind that the navy stripes touch the orange base.

Flames: Just bring back the retros next year. 

Columbus: I want to see the new number font in full, before I pass judgement. As for the template, it's a lateral move.

All in all, it isn't the mess I was worried about. 

I thought I was going to hate Vegas' jerseys. I can't say I'm a huge fan of the color scheme - the dark gray, black, and dark-ish gold cause it to be rather muddled - but that actually isn't a terrible jersey. It's not quite as dark as I feared it would be. The gold actually pops quite nicely.

All in all, they could've done worse. Damning with faint praise, I know, but I honestly expected something extremely dark and muddled.

8 minutes ago, coltravesty said:

If you look at the shoulders you can see the squared yoke, then more gray, then black. Looks like it's more like Pittsburgh or Detroits arm than it is Arizona's, which comes to the squared edge of the yoke. 

8 minutes ago, Thaumatrope said:

Really wishing they'd gone with "Battle Born" (the state slogan of Nevada) for the inside of the collar.

I agree, that would've been awesome... But I think you have to get State approval to use that slogan, I think it's copyrighted? 

36 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

What criteria is that? Just because a team has vaguely similar striping doesn't mean you need to like their jerseys an equal amount

They said 'that jersey is easy top 5' implying that it fit a list of criteria. Not 'I would put that jersey in my top 5'. 

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Archived