NHL 2017-18

Bmac

This isn't anything remotely conclusive, but I work at the Hockey Hall of Fame and we've put all of the current Jets sweaters on sale in favour of the Heritage classic sweaters. This doesn't necessarily mean that a change is coming (we still have the Oilers blue sweaters full price for example) but I'm just putting that out there.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Point1 said:

This isn't anything remotely conclusive, but I work at the Hockey Hall of Fame and we've put all of the current Jets sweaters on sale in favour of the Heritage classic sweaters. This doesn't necessarily mean that a change is coming (we still have the Oilers blue sweaters full price for example) but I'm just putting that out there.

i think i see something subliminal in that.

so long and thanks for all the fish.

Any of you had issues trying to buy jerseys lately? I wanted to get a white Penguins jersey before Adidas and Fanatics ruined them and man they are hard to find. No one online had them, places around Pittsburgh barely had them, I ended up having to go to an alternate location Pens Gear to get a Crosby with the numbers sewn instead of printed.

1zgyd8w.jpg

On 1/22/2017 at 2:00 PM, Point1 said:

I would LOVE if they made the switch to those full time.

6oq4fhs.gif2wp8bci.gif

3e7148f5-799f-4b32-b700-9f45eab0ac3c_zps

Blackhawks | Cubs | Maple Leafs | Bears

6 minutes ago, mightyduck said:

I would LOVE if they made the switch to those full time.

You, me and probably all of the Jets fans everywhere.  If this happens, I will not hesistate to purchase the home version.  Love the Jets Heritage sweaters.  

8 minutes ago, tohasbo said:

You, me and probably all of the Jets fans everywhere.  If this happens, I will not hesistate to purchase the home version.  Love the Jets Heritage sweaters.  

I'm not even a Jets fan...but I would totally pick up a Byfuglien Heritage Sweater if they were at the right price.

I wonder how True North feels about the popularity of that jersey.

6oq4fhs.gif2wp8bci.gif

3e7148f5-799f-4b32-b700-9f45eab0ac3c_zps

Blackhawks | Cubs | Maple Leafs | Bears

19 minutes ago, mightyduck said:

I'm not even a Jets fan...but I would totally pick up a Byfuglien Heritage Sweater if they were at the right price.

I wonder how True North feels about the popularity of that jersey.

As soon as the blanks went on sale for the Heritage, I ordered it.  It was too good to give up.

Still wondering if the NHL shop site is going to do a mass clearance sale to get rid of the Reebok stock.

8 minutes ago, Bmac said:

I am a Jets fan, and I prefer the current jerseys. The throwback logo is garbage. That's right, I said it.

I wouldn't say garbage...it's dated though, and hasn't aged well. 

I don't mind the Heritage Classic throwbacks as alternates, but they're not good enough to supplant the current set as a full-time look.

3 hours ago, tohasbo said:

Still wondering if the NHL shop site is going to do a mass clearance sale to get rid of the Reebok stock.

If they do, I may have to order some classic jerseys. Montreal, Pittsburgh, I'm looking at you.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

11 hours ago, Bmac said:

I am a Jets fan, and I prefer the current jerseys. The throwback logo is garbage. That's right, I said it.

Plus it gives them their own identity. Today's Jets are not the same Jets of yesteryear.

I agree. I never liked the old Jets look either. The team name and a tiny drawing of a jet crunched together inside a circle. Blah. Back in the early 80s I had that Coleco Table Top Hockey Game and the Jets were the last team I ordered because I thought their look sucked.

The Catch of the Day!

The other problem with the Jets wearing those throwbacks full time is they look very similar to the Rangers. Also, the Blue Jackets have kind of cornered the market on navy blue jerseys and red pants. 

Now, if the Jets and Blue Jackets pulled a switcheroo then the Blue Jackets could wear their thirds full time with accompanying white and the Jets could be the other blue jerseys/red pants team and nobody would be stepping on anybody's toes colorwise. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Just my kooky theory that green may have a place in future Devils templates...

At the Rock recently, there's a ton of signage promoting the Devils' "official bank," which happens to be Fidelity. Fidelity, as you may know, has green in its color palette. It's all over the arena, and they've even made videos promoting the partnership with Fidelity...

Maybe this'll give you an idea of what I'm speaking about:
https://www.myinvestorsbank.com/Community/News-Events/Official_Bank_of_the_New_Jersey_Devils_and_Prudent

http://www.njbiz.com/article/20161130/NJBIZ01/161139999/investors-bank-announces-partnership-with-devils-prudential-center-becoming-another-anchor-of-one-jersey-program

The entrance to the Prudential Center on the corner of Mulberry and Edison streets now will be called Investors Bank Tower and will be lit up in green all year round.

Ehhh I know what you are talking about but I think it is unrelated to the uniforms. Although there has been some green in the Devils videos/website this year. I hope its just a coincidence but I don't know.... There is actually NO reason for the Devils to go back to green full time.

cut.jpg

The Jets have a great colour scheme and the current uniforms are among the leagues best.  I hope they don't ditch them to become just another red, white and blue team with a mediocre logo.

Besides, the current look isn't even that old.  They should be trying to establish a brand.

Archived