NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im actually liking most of what im seeing. Stupid canucks had to go with white on the collar tho 

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Can't say I'm a fan of the cut of these. I got used to and ultimately grew to like the shape of the EDGE sweaters, especially once players starting wearing it in larger sizes and teams realized they could do more with it in later iterations. These are so boxy, though. They look like they'd catch and bind in all the wrong places. I'll give them points for nixing the dress shirt scooped hemlines, but that's the only thing I like better. The collars are Nike NFL Toilet Seat Bad. Why does every new uniform supplier always have to f*** with the collars? The laceup collars are now entirely pointless. 

Winners: Colorado and Carolina for fixing their mistakes.

Vegas for not completely botching their first step out of the box even though it looks like a faded 94 Canucks jersey on the Arizona template. I love that dark gray color. Excellent. 

Minnesota for re-embracing green as the main color and trying something different. Buffalo for losing the pointless silver armpit piping. Calgary for simplifying their piping mess. 

Losers: Nashville, Edmonton, edit: on a closer inspection Calgary still has their piping mess. No longer a winner!

Lateral Moves or Didn't Change At All: everybody else except New Jersey

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?: New Jersey. Take the dynasty uniform and instead rip everything off of it and mess with the proportions to match a previous dimwitted version of your franchise from 10 states away that never won anything and isn't worth remembering (take note, Avalanche). They had a modern classic and the sweater now looks like some kid went as Martin Brodeur for Halloween and his well intentioned mother made the jersey out of Hobby Lobby felt. I don't know why this is making me so angry. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

2 minutes ago, B-mer said:

Oh hey, looks like the pattern on the logo is on the gold stripes too. 

That's pretty cool... I'm not sure the replica will have those... But, that is something worth shelling out $300 for the Authentics! 

1 minute ago, hockey week said:

Freaking Minnesota! You've never screwed things up like this! Just make it a hemline stripe, why is that so freaking hard???

Original Twenty-Six Knockoff.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Very disappointed to see that the Hurricanes didn't bring back the hurricane flag pattern in the striping. They made a lateral move at best.

Colorado's look is obviously a big improvement. So is Calgary's and Buffalo's. And I'm digging the embroidery effects on the Golden Knights' jerseys. I just wish their home sweater was actually... you know... gold.

The collars suck, BTW. But it wouldn't be Adidas without ruining something.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

17 minutes ago, Brass said:

Their new jersey is literally a sweatshirt.

NTk0XPM.jpg

Exactly what I thought when I saw it.  Looks like a Devils crest slapped onto a sweatshirt template where the company didn't bother to make the exact right striping for each team.

Archived