Bmac

NHL 2017-18

4,337 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Ti-Nick said:

Why? It's the same as before, without the piping and pit stains.

what @jp1409 meant to say is that buffalo is STILL ugly

1 person likes this

Gray helmets and white gloves for Vegas.... Awful, just awful

1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, Bayne said:

Canucks logo seems unnecessarily low to me as well

Its always been that way. Because they have the 'VANCOUVER' script over the Orca, its typically been placed at the player's belly rather than their chest.

1 minute ago, Wally1912 said:

Looks the same. I assume numbers will be black and gold, no white middle outline.

https://www.nhl.com/bruins/news/nhl-and-adidas-unveil-the-boston-bruins-new-uniforms/c-290023504

cut.jpg

Square yokes are fine but why are round yokes dying out? If you can't build a template to easily accommodate one, you shouldn't outfitting an entire professional hockey league, 

3 people like this

welp bruins fans just got screwed

1 person likes this

The Knights mannequin wearing white gloves is a joke, right? The actual players won't wear that, right?

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

Its always been that way. Because they have the 'VANCOUVER' script over the Orca, its typically been placed at the player's belly rather than their chest.

Im including the Vancouver as their logo. Even that is low.

I think the players will revolt all summer and they'll end up with steel gloves, thick black stripe with the brand in gold,.

1 person likes this

im thinking its not a joke 

1 minute ago, Ti-Nick said:

The Knights mannequin wearing white gloves is a joke, right? The actual players won't wear that, right?

7 minutes ago, lafferty daniel said:

Here's a higher quality image of all the teams:

IMG_0241.JPG

Colorado is the big winner here (finally back to the mountain hem stripe!). I do think Carolina and St. Louis are significant upgrades as well.

I'd personally put Nashville is the strange category of being an upgrade, but still being a big disappointment. Getting rid of the Edge piping make it an upgrade, if nothing else. But the striping is significantly downgraded - I don't like the look of the white stripe directly up against the gold background at all. It's also bland up top - a navy yoke would do wonders for this jersey.

Minnesota? So close, yet so, so far. The chest stripe looks pretty bad, and adds little to the jersey. Replicating the sleeve stripes on the hem would've been much preferable. I hate how the red stripe doesn't continue onto the chest (though that may have muddled the beautiful logo.

Ottawa, Columbus, San Jose, Los Angeles, and Washington all missed a golden opportunity to move away from their awful Edge uniforms. A disappointment for all five of those. I was hoping to eradicate Edge once and for all.

I don't mind Boston's revised numbers, but I hate the black socks. I have a feeling those will almost as unpopular with New Englanders as the Red Sox's ill-fated blue-socks-on-road experiment back in 2009. (The only reason they wouldn't rise to the level of the Red Sox's blue socks is that the Bruins aren't named after their yellow socks.) I can only hope the Bruins' black socks are even more short lived.

New Jersey? Dumpster fire. The hideously large arm stripes, the lack of hem stripes... this is the most unnecessary downgrade in quite some time. They ditched a modern classic for unnecessary tweaks.

1 person likes this

why does buffalo even use gray

1 person likes this

1498010182512.jpg

15 people like this

2 minutes ago, Ciaranowls said:

why does buffalo even use gray

Grayt question

4 people like this

habswhite.png

3 people like this

1 minute ago, Bayne said:

Grayt question

on uniwatch they call it "GFGS" (gray for grays sake)

Well, it's a good thing the Devils don't have to care much about their fans being displeased by something, given their financial health and robust sellout streak!

(psst, hey Devils, your customers are telling you that you screwed up)

dev.jpg

5 people like this

the main site has posted a new article about the reveal

Vegas releases beautiful new uniforms and someone had to ruin it with those white gloves. Oh well, it's different...