NHL 2017-18

Bmac

2 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

DC0IazoXkAUcvPj.jpg

The Ducks insisting on throwing that extra black outline around their logo on the white jerseys for some reason...continues. 

Also, they might have the worst collar of anyone. 

Why did they do that? The logo is already bad enough without it

spacer.png

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a wet fart rendered in polyester.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

1 hour ago, Morgo said:

Sacrificing an identity with three championships to pay homage to a team that never won anything :rolleyes:

Two teams, no less.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

The Ducks' primary is very good, it's the mishmash of side stripes (where beige touches white, that has to be a no-no), black shoulder yoke, and squashed/stretched names/numbers that make it so bad. The 2006-07 sweaters were soulless but at least they seemed thought out.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Does it bug anyone else that the collars with laces don't even look like they are trying to fake being functional? Sure on the Reebok Edge they were not functional but the fact the laces are below the shield on the collar bothers me...

Interesting day! Definitely not as much as the tire fire that was 2007.

Just my 2 cents - 

Colorado - AMAZING! I'm going to feel like I'm a kid again in the 90's watching the team play.

Vegas - I dig it.  Honestly, sure, white/gold gloves why not, you're a brand new team do something a bit "out there."

Minnesota - I LOVED the former alternates, but I'm okay with these as well.  I don't truly get the whole front chest stripe not continuing on the back, but whatever

Carolina - Well done! I wish the warning flags were more visible, but I feel better knowing they're there.

Calgary - Eh? I guess it's better without the previous piping, I'd love to see a return to 2004 or their former retro alternate

Nashville - Eh, I wasn't a huge fan of their forming striping patterns but that new sweater just looks like a barren wasteland.

New Jersey - WHY!? Seems like such an odd move. Honestly, I was hoping to see a little more green return.

6oq4fhs.gif2wp8bci.gif

3e7148f5-799f-4b32-b700-9f45eab0ac3c_zps

Blackhawks | Cubs | Maple Leafs | Bears

1 minute ago, nwkitz said:

Does it bug anyone else that the collars with laces don't even look like they are trying to fake being functional? Sure on the Reebok Edge they were not functional but the fact the laces are below the shield on the collar bothers me...

My thoughts exactly. They pretty much kept them for the sake of having them. It's like a middle finger where Adidas wants everyone to use this crappy new collar design, but oh, you want laces?  Ok. We'll slap them under our dumb collar. 

3 minutes ago, Danny said:

They are going to wear gold gloves according to their owner.

Here's the latest in our ongoing series, "Bill Foley Is A Billionaire Who Doesn't Seem To Understand How Anything Works":

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

15 minutes ago, Shachihoko said:

Can you preorder the new jersey yet?  Also, I'm wondering with the Fanatic version will have the hologram "NHL" logo, or just patch?? 

I'll be heading over to the T-Mobile Arena tomorrow to check out the store, and attending to the NHL Awards show.

I honestly didn't think to ask. I work at the wynn and I was doing some set up for the awards. I just went to the store on my lunch break to check it out.

The only thing that really bugs me about this unveiling are the collars. The four options are terrible, nothing about them looks nice in the versions we've seen (minus the Red Wings).

Flames, Ducks, Kings, Sabres, Caps, and Sens all kept bad designs. Adidas isn't totally to blame for that. The teams and those is charge of these decisions are.

Devils aren't bad, however, it's just not good for them.

My hot take - I really like the Oilers look. Navy and all.

iGLssSH.png

3 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

Here's the latest in our ongoing series, "Bill Foley Is A Billionaire Who Doesn't Seem To Understand How Anything Works":

Nothing would have suggested the crass opulence of Las Vegas like having hockey gloves, which develop so much stank that Geneva considers them a biological weapon, made of simulated gold.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

3 minutes ago, coltravesty said:

the tie up does nothing tangible. They are useless. 

No doubt about that although on Reebok Edge they were at least aesthetically pleasing IMO. I wonder why San Jose still has them. All that additional weight!

2 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Nothing would have suggested the crass opulence of Las Vegas like having hockey gloves, which develop so much stank that Geneva considers them a biological weapon, made of simulated gold.

About this: Uh, check out the NHL Offseason thread over in Sports In General.

Archived