NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, wildwing64 said:

That's pretty much all I want from them. My well-documented logo preference aside, the third jersey is the best uniform they've ever had. Strongest use of the current colour scheme to date, and a striping design that's traditional and yet manages to feel modern without resorting to silly swooshing stripes. It's basically perfect. Which is exactly why they won't keep it around.

I dunno. The current regular set is still preferable to what came before it, but I'm fed up with them being a safe and boring black team.

I'm also good with the current set if they stuck with it, but I'd like the orange too. However, despite my love for the logo (as you can tell with my namesake), I don't think we should go back to the Mighty Ducks logo as the primary.

It'd feel like going back and erasing the last 10 years. I feel like the current Anaheim Ducks brand and the D logo have established themselves as what this team is now. The Mighty Ducks are the team of my childhood and I love them dearly and close to my heart. But orange and black and the D logo and the Anaheim Ducks is what this team is today.

Go to the orange (ORANGE County, plus differentiates the team from the black and drab Kings), but the D logo and the current shoulder patch on them, make a matching white (sans shoulder yoke) and I think that's a winner all-around.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

There's a big Italian / Catholic contingent when you look at the Devils' fan-base; it wouldn't be the dumbest move in the world to go with these colors (plus black). 

Similar to how we have a few navy/yellow teams but each one has different points of emphasis, one team can be green/"wheat"/ "red and the other can be red/white/green/black...why not? 

22 minutes ago, insert name said:

The green and red color is fine as a once in a while jersey but full-time it will lose it's charm very fast. 

Very fast, like 10 or 12 years?  

^_^

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Red and dark/hunter green go very well together. From far away, the green was close to black. I would see more of a "Christmas look" if kelly green were used instead of hunter. My biggest issue with the change to black was compromising a good portion of red, not to mention the loss of a distinguishable colour scheme. 

6 hours ago, NYYNYR said:

Maybe there's legitimacy to my musings and ideas...there's too many references to green to just abandon it totally next season...right?

This year is the most references they have made to green since they last wore green in 91-92.

IMG_0005.jpg.3ad6b608a1b222bebe66f6457a16c9bc.jpg

18 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

I'm also good with the current set if they stuck with it, but I'd like the orange too. However, despite my love for the logo (as you can tell with my namesake), I don't think we should go back to the Mighty Ducks logo as the primary.

It'd feel like going back and erasing the last 10 years. I feel like the current Anaheim Ducks brand and the D logo have established themselves as what this team is now. The Mighty Ducks are the team of my childhood and I love them dearly and close to my heart. But orange and black and the D logo and the Anaheim Ducks is what this team is today.

Fair enough.

I'm back-and-forth on the D logo all the time. On its own it's a simple, creative, modern take on a more traditional type of hockey logo. The design is also very befitting and evocative of Southern California and, while that wouldn't really mean much to a faraway fan like myself, it's another detail I like. But I also have near endless frustrations with it, replacing the Mighty Ducks logo that drew me to this team (or even this sport) in the first place being only one of them. Despite being the same franchise with the same history in the same location, they haven't always felt the same. And even after bringing it back as an alternate mark I feel like they're sending us mixed signals. Is it making a gradual return as the primary or are they leading us on?

Needless to say, being a fan of this team and having OCD hasn't been a great combination :mellow:

</duckjack>

I'm also in two minds about the Devils bringing back the red and green look. It's fine that they have throwback nights every now and then as is. Red and black is definitely befitting of the team's namesake and it suits them very well. On the other hand, it wouldn't hurt to inject more colour into this league.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

I'm yesterday's announcement that Tom Anseli would be the new president and CEO of the Sens, the word "rebrand" was dropped a few times. 

While I highly doubt that the logo and use of red at home are going anywhere, it seems more and more likely that the uniforms will be updated next season. 

13 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

I'm yesterday's announcement that Tom Anseli would be the new president and CEO of the Sens, the word "rebrand" was dropped a few times. 

While I highly doubt that the logo and use of red at home are going anywhere, it seems more and more likely that the uniforms will be updated next season. 

Why am I getting the SENSe that the Sens won't look markedly different next year, and it'll come out later that they petitioned for a uniform overhaul too "late in the game" for Adidas to accommodate, pushing the re-branded look back another year?

12 minutes ago, NYYNYR said:

Why am I getting the SENSe that the Sens won't look markedly different next year, and it'll come out later that they petitioned for a uniform overhaul too "late in the game" for Adidas to accommodate, pushing the re-branded look back another year?

I doubt it. If this is really going to be a league-wide overhaul, they wouldn't introduce and then replace an Adidas version of the current uniform after only a year.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

41 minutes ago, NYYNYR said:

Have to say: Devils went all out for the 80's Retro Night yesterday. Fantastic stuff !

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nj-devils-retro-night-was-pure-amazing-nostalgic-joy-video-160911522.html

As a Flyers fan, I give them their due. That was fantastic! Bonus points for the NES 'Ice Hockey' segment. I'd buy that game with just those teams!

Archived