NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Chazberg said:

I'm assuming this is the new Indonesian authentic that retailers will have; no way the replicas will feature chain stitching. Quite lame that it has that Adidas button. 

Oh jeez, the neckline tagging does say "Made in Indonesia," doesn't it? So we're doing that silly dance again.

Waiting to see if those $170/$360 price points reported months ago turn out to be legit. If so, the retail price of a blank Canadian-made 7387 is probably going to be around $450.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

23 minutes ago, Chazberg said:

I'm assuming this is the new Indonesian authentic that retailers will have; no way the replicas will feature chain stitching. Quite lame that it has that Adidas button. 

It's still way better than the Reebok tag.

Dallas.png.36b5468bf5df6f5bb68548e92d19ce12.png

By the way, I went to work and this thread was at around 120 pages. Y'all crazy (myself included).

Overall, I'm actually pretty happy with what Adidas has done. 

The Good

Carolina and Colorado are absolute perfection.

Vegas actually looks really nice. 

Minnesota looks great. I just hope the road matches.

The Bad

New Jersey isn't that great, but seeing the full uniform with the sock stripes makes it look pretty good. Honestly if they switched the black to green, I'd be more than okay with the missing hem stripe. 

Nashville is underwhelming. There's not much more to say about that. 

Ottawa and Washington still look like crap, but they always have so that's more of a lateral move.

Every other team is either a lateral move or hasn't changed anything significant to propel them forward or drop them back. 

So honestly, sans some collar issues and thin striping patterns, I don't hate the takeover. 

17 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

Oh jeez, the neckline tagging does say "Made in Indonesia," doesn't it? So we're doing that silly dance again.

Waiting to see if those $170/$360 price points reported months ago turn out to be legit. If so, the retail price of a blank Canadian-made 7387 is probably going to be around $450.

The Hurricanes' site says authentics will be $185 for a blank and $265 for a name/number. That's about $246 and $352 Canadian.

Also, can we all just appreciate the Central Division for a moment?

I mean look at this! They've got: Red, yellow, kelly green, forest green, royal blue, navy blue, and maroon. Basically all the colors of the rainbow and without any black (which is a cop-out uniform color, save for Boston and I guess Pittsburgh.

594a0bdb2298d_NHLCentral.thumb.png.c76b254978d5a64c956c407178302bc1.png

Just for comparison:

Atlantic - Four red, two royal blue, one navy, one black. 

594a0bcfc480a_NHLAtlantic.thumb.png.5bae6a052967c44723de512fb7bd46a6.png

Metropolitan - Three red, two royal blue, one navy, one orange, one black.

594a0be661f00_NHLMetropolitan.thumb.png.7213774b90e8e9c27d98dd3f72321885.png

Pacific - Two black, one gray, one royal blue, one brick red, one orange, one teal, one red. (Admittedly a pretty diverse color scheme, but altogether too dark.)

594a0bf1a3935_NHLPacific.thumb.png.09ae171063d60d2f295d67c716d7f119.png

40 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

That assumes that the Canadian authentics are available at retail. A lot of indications are that they won't be. 

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

2 hours ago, DustDevil61 said:

Thoughts:

Colorado and Carolina both come to their senses at last. The Avs hit a home run and win the night by going back to a look they never should've departed from in the first place. Not only that, they cut down on the extraneous black and utilize more silver. The Hurricanes managed to stay neo-retro while bringing back the most identifiable element from their initial look (the warning flag stripe). I don't like that it's faded, nor do I like the absence of silver, but I hope that they fix that next year.

Say what you will about the goofy locale name, the frankly-redundant adjective, and the "meh" logo, but I've got to hand it to Las Vegas for using an unused base color (dark gray, IMO a long time coming in any of the Big 4 sports) and a classicly-designed, restrained color scheme. I might prefer that the Golden Knights use gray gloves instead of white and replace red with a deep red-orange or even purple, but it's only trim after all.

Not sure why Los Angeles dropped the hem stripe from their home look but the uniforms have enough going on on the sleeves so it kinda balances out. Similar to New Jersey, though not nearly as offensive. But the Devils really missed the boat on this one; either stick with what you've had since 1991, go full-stop to what you wore between 1982 and 1991, use the 1980s green set but with black (or even vice versa, the 1991-2016 set with green), but I could've set my watch to their uniforms until today. The worst part about the Devils' change is not what they came up with, it's the step down from what they had before.

Both national capitols should've done something but didn't. It's actually kinda fitting when you stop to think about it. Maybe next year, Sens and Caps...

St. Louis' switch from yellow numbers (yellow numbers that endured the Rbk Edge set, mind you) to white is slightly baffling, but I'm also pinning my hopes that the Blues rectify no later than next year.

I'd also award the DustDevil DarkHorse Award to Minnesota...when I first saw these it bugged me to see a modern crest on such a traditional uniform, but it somehow...works. Maybe because I'm kinda seeing it for the elements in the logo that flow rather well with the chest stripe, maybe it's the color palette that has such a near-perfect balance both in contrast and use...I dunno. Obiviously we haven't seen the road and whether it's white or cream (probably white), but if it matches the home tit for tat and is cream, the Wild may never have to make any major change again. About the only change I'd make is to widen the cream bottom hem to that of what's on the sleeves (and add red too), or just wide enough to have just a thin red stripe. That and add red trim on the numbers; both are relatively small changes.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

1 hour ago, Heitert said:

It's still way better than the Reebok tag.

Dallas.png.36b5468bf5df6f5bb68548e92d19ce12.png

I've read somewhere that the Fanatics replica will have a similar tag on the same spot, just like the Reebok's... I've been wondering will the hologram shield appears on the replica too, or will they be simple shield patch??

A few thoughts...

Las Vegas (yeah, I'm calling them that) looks pretty solid, considering how odd their color scheme is. I originally thought their logo was a bit underwhelming, but after seeing it on a jersey, I really don't mind it.

I don't like San Jose's shoulder logo; it does't feel like it compliments the primary enough... they're too different. I also never seen Minnesota's shoulder logo before. Is it new or has it been used before? Either way, I kinda like it.

I'm extremely disappointed in Washington. They were the team that I was most hoping to see go with something new. They might actually have the worst uniforms in the league.

2 minutes ago, Shachihoko said:

I've read somewhere that the Fanatics replica will have a similar tag on the same spot, just like the Reebok's... I've been wondering will the hologram shield appears on the replica too, or will they be simple shield patch??

I was actually wondering that myself. In a perfect world, the button would appear on the replicas like the Rbk tag and then the on-ice jerseys would have nothing. 

Minnesota's shoulder patch was first used on their Stadium Series jerseys. 

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

21 minutes ago, Heitert said:

I was actually wondering that myself. In a perfect world, the button would appear on the replicas like the Rbk tag and then the on-ice jerseys would have nothing. 

Hmm.. Yeah this is pretty confusing... All of the jersey on stage do not have any of those buttons on the lower left corner of the hem... hmmm?

Edit:

I found the article regarding how they will produce the NHL's replica... Yes, there will be a tag similar to the Reebok's on the same spot.. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-10-26/new-nhl-fanatics-deal-brings-fast-fashion-to-hockey-fans

Fanatics Inc. has quietly become the world’s largest online seller of sports fan gear, running web stores for all four major U.S. leagues, operating brick & mortar outlets and handling more than $1 billion in annual sales.

400x-1.jpg

New jerseys

Source: Fanatics Inc.

Now it’s giving its own brand top billing. Starting next season, Fanatics will create the official replica jerseys of the National Hockey League as well as on-ice Stanley Cup merchandise. The deal, announced Wednesday, extends through the 2032-33 season and includes exclusive rights to manufacture and sell apparel around exciting moments right after they happen -- a kind of rapid-response merchandising that has become Fanatics’ signature.

Terms of the 16-year agreement weren’t disclosed, but it is a major development for the closely held company. Once focused mainly on retailing other brands, Fanatics has slowly begun to compete for top licensing rights with Nike, Adidas and Under Armour. The NHL deal is its most high-profile yet.

"We built this engine over the past four years, and invested a lot of money into it," said Raphael Peck, president of Fanatics Branded. The firm’s facilities have more than 600,000 square feet of manufacturing space and extensive, on-call design teams. "We’re now looking to brand our product and take credit for that."

400x-1.jpg

Fanatics logo

Source: Fanatics Inc.

The jerseys will have the Fanatics logo on the front, the first time the company’s name will appear on an official uniform. The Fanatics replicas will look a little different from the ones players wear, which starting next year will be made by Adidas AG. Reebok currently has the contract to make both.

Fast Fashion

With recent investments in production, Fanatics can profitably print, sell and ship a single shirt in one day. This means the company, based in Jacksonville, Florida, and San Mateo, California, and its retail partners rarely get stuck with unsold inventory.

It also means Fanatics can respond quickly to what company executives call "hot markets." For example, when No. 1 draft pick Auston Matthews scored four times in his NHL debut with the Toronto Maple Leafs, there was huge demand for his jersey -- which wasn’t on sale yet. Many retailers didn’t receive official jersey shipments for at least another week.

Fanatics’ deal with the NHL includes "hot market exclusivity," an agreement it also has with the National Football League. So when there’s an Auston Matthews-type moment next year, they say they can have commemorative products on fans’ doorsteps the following morning.

"That’s what the demand calls for," said Brian Jennings, an executive vice president at the NHL.

Fanatics is building a fulfillment center in Canada and recently hired a general manager of Canada to meet the demands of hockey fans there.

"This is a huge deal," said Peck of Fanatics Branded. "Jerseys, hot-market items and locker room products are the cornerstones to building the brand and growing the business. If you look at where the Fanatics brand is going to continue to go, we’d really like to look more at these exclusive core items."

The whole button thing on the Adidas' version still doesn't make any sense if the Pros are not wearing it...?

Since the Preds leak I have been trying to convince myself all day that I like these new jerseys because they are at least free of piping or any other nonsense, but I just can't lie to myself anymore. Nashville downgraded so badly. I totally appreciate thought of cleaning up and alreadycsolid look, but they went too far. Our on ice uniforms now look like cheap fashion jerseys from Walmart, and I am afraid that the aways will look even worse.

spacer.png

16 minutes ago, Shachihoko said:

The whole button thing on the Adidas' version still doesn't make any sense....

It makes perfect sense.

The Reebok Edge jerseys were made in three tiers. There were the Premiers, which were the replicas. The Fanatics replicas will replace them. Then there were the so-called "Indo-Edges," which were made in Indonesia and were halfway between being a replica and an authentic. The Adidas jerseys with the button, which will also be made in Indonesia, will replace those.

Then there were the Canadian-made authentics. Those were almost identical to the on-ice product with a couple of small differences. As of right now, there have been multiple indications that Adidas will be making the Canadian-made authentics available to the general public. However, given that some online sellers (such as the legendary Jersey Baron) have been able to get their hands on team-issued jerseys (which are the on-ice product, just blank without the teams' respective names/numbers added) which I assume weren't intended to be released to the public (though if they truly weren't, I'm sure Reebok would have put the kibosh on people selling them a long time ago) so I'm sure that the Canadian-made jerseys will make their way to the market eventually.

As of right now, though, it looks like the only way that people will be able to get Canadian-made Adidas authentics will be to buy game-issued or game-worn jerseys.

1 hour ago, Heitert said:

Also, can we all just appreciate the Central Division for a moment?

I mean look at this! They've got: Red, yellow, kelly green, forest green, royal blue, navy blue, and maroon. Basically all the colors of the rainbow and without any black (which is a cop-out uniform color, save for Boston and I guess Pittsburgh.

594a0bdb2298d_NHLCentral.thumb.png.c76b254978d5a64c956c407178302bc1.png

Just for comparison:

Atlantic - Four red, two royal blue, one navy, one black. 

594a0bcfc480a_NHLAtlantic.thumb.png.5bae6a052967c44723de512fb7bd46a6.png

Metropolitan - Three red, two royal blue, one navy, one orange, one black.

594a0be661f00_NHLMetropolitan.thumb.png.7213774b90e8e9c27d98dd3f72321885.png

Pacific - Two black, one gray, one royal blue, one brick red, one orange, one teal, one red. (Admittedly a pretty diverse color scheme, but altogether too dark.)

594a0bf1a3935_NHLPacific.thumb.png.09ae171063d60d2f295d67c716d7f119.png

Good for the central division looking like a rainbow. Personally i dont need and or necessarily want every division to be that colourful. Why do we need to see all the colours in the spectrum utilised for it to please us? The Pacific, Atlantic and metro look fine. I just want to see good designs. So long as every team doesnt use a variation of the same colour scheme im fine with it really.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

5 hours ago, jujubeans said:

Wild, as reported, are keeping the road jerseys the same. https://www.nhl.com/wild/team/wild-jersey-launch

cut.jpg

You know you're a top notch organization when you can't get dates right.  Not sure why they have two white jerseys being worn through 2016-17.  Not matching the new away to the new home is a joke.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived