NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

Are you freakin kidding me?.

C'mon, Ock, it's a joke based on your phrasing. Don't let the ocean ruin your sense of humor.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Most of what has been said are my thoughts as well, but I do want to say that Vegas is a big, big winner for really having a look of their own. I was a little nervous when I saw the color scheme for the first time that they could potentially wind up looking a bit Ducks-circa-2007, but going with that grey was an excellent move and the uniform itself is really classy. Due to proximity, I've been mulling over adopting Vegas as my team, given that I don't have one. Foley's a dork, but these uniforms help their case for me.

Other quick thoughts:

- I'm flabbergasted that Washington is still garbage, but whatever. 

- Someone needs to tell Minnesota to google image thier inaugural uniforms, remind them they looked perfect once, and do that. The new jersey isn't bad, it's just a big fat "Y THO". They got it right the first time.

- And lastly, I turn to New Jersey and say:

giphy.gif

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

damn.  nicely done.  I go B, C, A in ranking.  But decision between B and C is close.  I'm torn though if the red stripe within the chest is too cluttery with the logo as well. 

Would be much better if the chest stripe from C was at the hem.  do that!  lol

I'm very disappointed my Caps didn't update their uniforms. I'll admit that I know very little about hockey aesthetics in comparison to the other major sports, but regardless of the origins of the "edge design" (whatever that means exactly) I understand piping and I'm not a fan. I've long thought the Capitals and Wizards were better suited in their blue/black/gold color schemes. They felt "presidential" rather than generically "American." Let's hope that sooner or later DC looks to update their look. 

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

4 minutes ago, DeFrank said:

I'm very disappointed my Caps didn't update their uniforms. I'll admit that I know very little about hockey aesthetics in comparison to the other major sports, but regardless of the origins of the "edge design" (whatever that means exactly) I understand piping and I'm not a fan. I've long thought the Capitals and Wizards were better suited in their blue/black/gold color schemes. They felt "presidential" rather than generically "American." Let's hope that sooner or later DC looks to update their look. 

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. I always thought blue/black/bronze looked perfectly federal and patriotic. It doesn't always have to be R/W/B. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Archived