NHL 2017-18

Bmac

2 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. I always thought blue/black/bronze looked perfectly federal and patriotic. It doesn't always have to be R/W/B. 

I think the Caps' blue/black/bronze look lost its way when they got rid of the blue jersey and just relied on the black jersey with a goofy logo.  They could definitely bring back the scheme, but they have to use it better.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Capitals jerseys are stunningly strange.  

I LOVE the mock ups for the Wild jersey.  As much as I like C, its almost like a laserbeam eye.  But its better.  Sadly they went with the worst of the 3, but they are all very nice.  I will be buying the crud out of that jersey when its released.

4 minutes ago, dont care said:

The rangers was released in a tweet, and got ripped to shreds because it had a grey stripe in the collar. So they took it down

I'd like to think because of that, they're gonna make last second changes.

XM4KeeA.png

Not sure why so many teams went with toilet bowl collars. You can clearly see the option of just coloring the inner stripe of the collar is an option (see Winnipeg). Wish my Canucks would have just done the inner color and left the outer collar the same color as the jersey itself

18 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I think the Caps' blue/black/bronze look lost its way when they got rid of the blue jersey and just relied on the black jersey with a goofy logo.  They could definitely bring back the scheme, but they have to use it better.

I can agree with that. The black one was a decent alternate, but that blue jersey was beautiful. It absolutely should've been kept.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Just now, bowld said:

After sleeping on everything I actually really like what Edmonton did. The new shade of Orange seems much more vibrant 

Yea I don't mind it as much as I first did. New Jersey is still awful, good thing they seem to realize it. I expect a change in a few years.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

10 hours ago, Heitert said:

Also, can we all just appreciate the Central Division for a moment?

I mean look at this! They've got: Red, yellow, kelly green, forest green, royal blue, navy blue, and maroon. Basically all the colors of the rainbow and without any black (which is a cop-out uniform color, save for Boston and I guess Pittsburgh.

Just for comparison:

Atlantic - Four red, two royal blue, one navy, one black. 

Metropolitan - Three red, two royal blue, one navy, one orange, one black.

Pacific - Two black, one gray, one royal blue, one brick red, one orange, one teal, one red. (Admittedly a pretty diverse color scheme, but altogether too dark.)

I hadn't thought about it until I saw a playoff graphic where the Blue Jackets were the only team represented by a navy color, but I'm still shocked that the NHL only has three teams that use navy as their primary color. Hell, the AL Central itself has three teams that do.

6fQjS3M.png

Just now, bowld said:

Looks like it has matched in the past and still looks like this now..

nicklas_jensen_vancouver_040413.jpg

No they aren't. The widths and sizes are all different

sedins1.jpg

8029820.jpg

It's weird that they'd make everything that same striping scheme, but not identical in size or separation. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived