NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My thoughts on all of these...

The collars are awful. Even the teams that didn't change downgraded through the use of these awful collars. 

As for the teams that changed...

Las Vegas: I like it. The flourishes on the logo and the gold stripes. It DOES look like a washed out mid-90s Canucks jersey but that was a good look too. 

Minnesota: I would have liked this if they had included the red in the chest stripes and wrapped it around the back. As it is? It looks half finished.

Carolina: I like it! They look like the Hurricanes again. It's not perfect though. They need to add the alternate logo to the shoulders. 

New Jersey: Awful. The cheap Canadian Tire version of the real sweaters.

The Rockies' template worked because the heavy sleeve stripes were balanced out by hem stripes. Here? The sweater looks unbalanced and empty. 

Colorado: It's impossible for it to not be an upgrade. The EDGE sweaters were terrible. That being said? I thought the mountain sweaters v1 were overrated. Same thing here. 

Nashville: I dig the attempt to strip away the piping. I just thing they took away too much. The new sweater needs a bit of blue above the white striping. 

Calgary: This team's aesthetic ineptitude is astounding. It's rivaled only by the San Diego Padres.

Buffalo: They dropped the piping but kept the navy and silver. It's a small step forward at least.

San Jose: The new alternate logos clash with the primary logo. What's wrong witn using the shark fin on the shoulders?

Also get some G-ddamn hem stripes.

St. Louis: I like all the small changes they made.

Columbus: I dig the new fonts.

Edmonton: I don't mind the idea of the orange throwbacks being used as the primaries on an aesthetic level. The changes they made to that design, however, are all downgrades. #BringBackTheRetroCollar

Boston: Dropping the gold socks is probably the most enraging thing about all of this.

NYR: Grey? Why?

LA: JUST FIX YOUR DAMN HEMSTRIPES!

1 hour ago, CreamSoda said:

dN5lajd.jpg

Out of all of these, Vegas is a top 3 away look. I can see how someone might think the pattern in the gold is gimmicky, but I love it. They're perfect for a vegas team. I would like to see a small red stripe in the hem though, maybe just like an outline. But overall their jerseys together are already top 10.

I'll post some other thoughts later on in the day, but for now going Islanders centric I like the collar treatment a lot more on the roads than the homes. The half-orange-half-blue treatment's not working on the homes and the blue collar going into the orange shield for the roads works a lot better to me. That being said, all in all not too shabby out of Adidas with some real good new looks, some decent new looks and/or lateral moves, a couple downgrades and confusing lateral moves, and hi New Jersey what are you doing

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

1 hour ago, DeFrank said:

I'm very disappointed my Caps didn't update their uniforms. I'll admit that I know very little about hockey aesthetics in comparison to the other major sports, but regardless of the origins of the "edge design" (whatever that means exactly) I understand piping and I'm not a fan. I've long thought the Capitals and Wizards were better suited in their blue/black/gold color schemes. They felt "presidential" rather than generically "American." Let's hope that sooner or later DC looks to update their look. 

I loved the diving Eagle, and the blue white and bronze.

40 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

Hell yeah!

I preferred the striping on the socks to the sleeves, but just glad it matches now. 

Say what you want about the Orca and the VANCOUVER script (Which I happen to like) fixing the widths of socks to match the jersey bumped them up to a top ten look in the league! I just hope the pants match too...

Also did anyone notice the little Rangers logo on their breezers? Is that new? I don't remember seeing it last year...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

2 minutes ago, charger77 said:

Where is the grey?

There's gray trim on the road collar. 

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I don't know why the Adidas Dot bothers me so much. It's probably because it looks like they went to good lengths to make it irremovable, whereas the Reebok jog tag could be taken off rather easily with a thread ripper. 

At least the hem slits will be gone. I hope. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

13 minutes ago, Bradbury said:

Another look at Nashville. Just like the gold buckets, I'm warming up to it.

I imagine they'll show off the road sweater during their Friday draft party, but I've seen no official word.

It's still too plain but it looks a lot better in person.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Just a reminder...

16 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

If enough people rebel against it, maybe there's still time to fix Boston's socks and numbers. Didn't Tampa make a last-second change to their numbers and pants?

4 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

Just a reminder...

Same reason why the Sabres used a fauxback third for the first year of the Buffaslugs.

Archived