NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One question that I see popping up with Devils fans everywhere is what is the absolute minimum that we have to wear these until we can go back to our real uniform?

I've heard of the 3 year rule but I'm not sure if that's football or hockey. Maybe the rule once existed and is now obsolete...maybe you can get special waivers? The Devils are of no help because it's still too early and they have to pretend that they don't hear or see Hiroshimic bombardment of negative comments across all social media. Which is fine. I mean only very rarely do you see something rolled out and immediately withdrawn. The 49ers helmet I remember was one.

We're stuck with them for 17-18. But would they actually force us to have it beyond that?

Right now there is a run by Devils fans on blanks of our real jerseys. My coworker just got one and plans to get either Hirschier or Patrick. Even though that's an intentional jersey foul he seems to be convinced that in 18-19 his jersey foul will actually morph into an accurate jersey. I might do the same. If Kevin Shattenkirk signs with NJ instead of the Rangers I would get it customized but only on a classic red or white jersey. Even if it's totally wrong and even if he never wears that jersey it just looks so much more big league, legitimate, and complete.

I'm falling more and more in love with Vegas's look every time I see it.

Absolutely love it. 

My Devils just look worse and worse.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

i'm the opposite... every time i've seen the knights unis, i've liked them less than the time before. i really liked them at first.

i think i only really like them in full equipment. the mannequin looked cool. picturing them on the ice, they look cool. seeing them on drafted players, however, they just look silly. like i'd never want to wear that in public, as a fan. it's too gaudy for casual wear... i feel the same about the predators inaugural uniforms, with the bright silver shoulders..... i own a mike dunhan predators jersey, and i feel like i'm a power rangers cosplayer every time i put it on.

i'm just not a fan of that glittery gold fabric. hated it on the senators, and i don't much care for it on the knights.

i do, however, think slate grey makes a gorgeous jersey base. (and the helmets too. i need one!)

I was at the NHL Awards show earlier today and checked out the new Armoury store at the arena... Beautiful store! And I just preordered an authentic Vegas Golden Knights' home jersey... Well worth the $211 spent.. lol 

it look awesome in person too! Here's some images I took of the jersey, it sit in a better lighting area, compare to the ones on twitter shows the mannequin in a poor lighting condition. 

IMG_6906.JPG

IMG_6907.JPG

IMG_6908.JPG

IMG_6909.JPG

IMG_6910.JPG

IMG_6911.JPG

IMG_6912.JPG

Wow...seeing those Vegas jerseys up close, I really like those.

Great job, boys. (Y'all know who y'all are.) That detailing is gonna jump off a new trend for sure.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Yeah the white gloves are too much...

I like the jerseys. They are unique with all their regal flair while remaining somewhat traditional. I think the novelty could wear off pretty quickly though which means they could soon look a little tacky for lack of a better word.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

it makes obvious sense. The grey is like both armor or money/coins. A little gothic like the LA Kings.

Silver and gold for Medieval kings or something lol. They must be just teasing with the gloves.that will change.

fact is this uni will change in a couple years anyway like they do with all expansion teams or moved teams. To make more money off people grabbing the new design

4 hours ago, Shachihoko said:

I was at the NHL Awards show earlier today and checked out the new Armoury store at the arena... Beautiful store! And I just preordered an authentic Vegas Golden Knights' home jersey... Well worth the $211 spent.. lol 

Lost in all the hoopla is the fact that the new lighter meshy material in the jersey will make the average fan wearing it .00002 of a second faster in walking to the restroom between periods.  

6 minutes ago, mafiaman said:

Lost in all the hoopla is the fact that the new lighter meshy material in the jersey will make the average fan wearing it .00002 of a second faster in walking to the restroom between periods.  

But for Sharks fans that'll be .00091 of a second faster because the new shoulder patch is more aerodynamic and they added extra speedholes somewhere.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

9 hours ago, ColeJ said:

i used to really admire and respect the entire devils organization. thought that even though i was a stars fan, the devils were like my organizational soulmate. how i'd want my team run, in a vacuum.

that obviously left with lou.

someone explain this logic to me:

redesign some long-standing uniforms because you want to be more modern and usher in a new era... sort of chicken out and do nothing but adjust line weights and drop the waist stripes... then when people tell them they shouldn't have done anything, they respond like "pssssh. we don't care about trivial things such as fashion."

IF YOU'RE "NOT A FASHION COMPANY" THEN WHY DID YOU GO OUT OF YOUR WAY TO ALTER YOUR PERFECTLY FINE UNIFORMS TO BEGIN WITH? you can't belittle people for caring about aesthetics, as if you don't, when the entire reason they changed was because you thought they needed to change.

This organization is being run by the same group of owners that has brought you The Tank (I'm sorry - "The Process") with the Sixers. I expect nothing less from them. 

45 minutes ago, mafiaman said:

Imagine all of that time that hockey fans will save!

18 minutes ago, jmac11281 said:

This organization is being run by the same group of owners that has brought you The Tank (I'm sorry - "The Process") with the Sixers. I expect nothing less from them. 

Hugh Weber, while being bombarded with intense visceral hatred of the jerseys from Devils fans vowing never to buy them, tweeted out "I can't wait to see the Rock filled with these new jerseys next season"

I hope to see...

It would be great to see...

Another out of touch arrogant presumptous comment. What is he basing that on? The multiple petitions being created and signed to preserve our real uniforms? The thousands of complaints pouring in through social media? The loyal Devils fans vowing never to buy? The run on Reebok jerseys Devils fans are doing now?

Or maybe Hugh is just going to buy 17,600 jerseys?

I'm getting Hirschier or Patrick but it's going on the real uniform. However incorrect it is. It's more aesthetically pleasing and it actually looks like a hockey jersey rather than Kohls discount Devils sleepwear now featuring collars by the KC Scouts.

So I just took a look at the flyers jersey and noticed a few things (besides the obvious collar change). 

1. The numbers still don't fit. I don't think it's an issue but some here do. 

2. The "scoop" on the bottom of the sleeve stripe seems to be more st a 90 degree angle than before. I think it should be more like a 65 or 75 degree. 

3. There seems to be a seem across the shoulders now, rather than them being more like a raglan style. I can't tell, but maybe that's to create a panel for the dimples? I haven't seen any up close pics to verify. 

IMG_9204.JPG

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived