NHL 2017-18

Bmac

16 hours ago, ColeJ said:

i used to really admire and respect the entire devils organization. thought that even though i was a stars fan, the devils were like my organizational soulmate. how i'd want my team run, in a vacuum.

that obviously left with lou.

someone explain this logic to me:

redesign some long-standing uniforms because you want to be more modern and usher in a new era... sort of chicken out and do nothing but adjust line weights and drop the waist stripes... then when people tell them they shouldn't have done anything, they respond like "pssssh. we don't care about trivial things such as fashion."

IF YOU'RE "NOT A FASHION COMPANY" THEN WHY DID YOU GO OUT OF YOUR WAY TO ALTER YOUR PERFECTLY FINE UNIFORMS TO BEGIN WITH? you can't belittle people for caring about aesthetics, as if you don't, when the entire reason they changed was because you thought they needed to change.

I'm convinced that the Devils only changed because they needed the money from sales of the new jerseys. Aren't they having financial issues? It's unfortunate, but I get why they'd do it if that were the case. But if they were going to change, they should have done something more drastic instead of settling for a neutered version of their previous look.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, B-mer said:

so the Devils may also be slightly altering their gloves?  There are no black fingertips, which was a small detail i always liked for them. 

cut.png

I liked that too. Believe me a standing desk douch graphic design hipster probably took a 90 second course on the Devils in Wikipedia and then whipped that up in a rush so he can get home and watch Rachel Maddow. 

43 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

I'm convinced that the Devils only changed because they needed the money from sales of the new jerseys. Aren't they having financial issues? It's unfortunate, but I get why they'd do it if that were the case. But if they were going to change, they should have done something more drastic instead of settling for a neutered version of their previous look.

As far as I know...no they're not. They have new owners and are fine financially. Unless things are tougher than they're letting on

These jerseys will underwhelm in sales. There is really nobody clamoring for them. A better way to have done this would be to involve the fans in the development. They didn't, and when this turd dropped the Devils realized what a big mistake they made. 

2 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

I've thought about it before because I think the Wild in a cream road sweater would look great. The idea of a cream/vintage white/wheat helmet just always comes off looking terrible every time I imagine it, sadly. 

I keeping thinking it would wind up looking like that old helmet that was originally white but due to all the sweat it ends up looking almost brownish after years of use.

I recall the Jofa helmets particularly would end up this way.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

5 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Minnesota Wild Away:

DC3dbikXsAEyjDt.jpg

That is the best road jersey in the league as far as I'm concerned.  I'm disappointed the uniforms don't match but at least it's closer now and their brilliant logo is no longer minimized.  Been a rough 10 years for the team but it looks like they're finally back on track.  Fingers crossed that the inevitable red alternate never gets upgraded to primary status.

4 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

As an Avalanche fan I have tons of empathy for the Devils fans right now.  

Here's hoping they don't have to wait 10 years to get their classic uniform back.

And as a Ducks fan... well, at least the Devils didn't flush their entire brand down the drain because their GM is some berk with a hard-on for the Army, Bruins, and truculence, while being terribly afraid of having a distinguishable identity.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

7 hours ago, NYYNYR said:

Has anyone noticed that when the Vegas uniform is shown in a well-lit room or natural sunlight, you can see another tone/layer appear from the armpit area? It also lights up the non-gold part of the knight helmet... Essentially, yes, the jersey is "storm gray," but you notice that there is actually a subtle yoke, with a lighter color than the main sweater. A color that then moves downward along the arm?

Image result for Vegas Golden Knights uniform

I can only describe as a purplish gray ??? The light has to hit it at the perfect angle, but has anyone else noticed this?

>snip<

Then again, maybe the mesh material/color gets more easily infused with the background lighting than a typical sweater does...

It's just dramatic to me. I kinda like it, but it's not just the jersey is going lighter or darker depending on the lighting. I see it as a new shade. 

Image result for vegas golden knights fleury

I think you're seeing the differences in fabric more than differences in colors.  The template's dimpled shoulder yoke seems to reflect light a little differently than the body under certain conditions.

IMG_6909.JPG.2e3cff877a34c4a98a5b0e8093dd9aad.JPG

2 hours ago, McCarthy said:

I think about it and my brain goes to this

f252ds.jpg

edit: I imagine they'd look sort of like this

594c13574609d_CreamHelmets.thumb.png.33a57edf5c323a7ebea2aa65264e6d08.png

It's 1990s PC tower beige. I actually wouldn't mind it in service of a forest green/vintage white Minnesota uniform.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Sigh... turns out Vegas' gloves are indeed going to be white... and there is a reason for it...

IMG_4857.thumb.JPG.d7368c80eacc2cd7b4717c0ea995b3e6.JPG

OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

9 minutes ago, Still MIGHTY said:

Sigh... turns out Vegas' gloves are indeed going to be white... and there is a reason for it...

OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

Just when you'd allowed yourself to forget, here comes Foley's giant West Point boner to remind you of why you should hate him.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

4 minutes ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

Just when you'd allowed yourself to forget, here comes Foley's giant West Point boner to remind you of why you should hate him.

Can't wait for the Digicam alternate coming in 2018-19....

Seriously, Bill, stop trying to mimic a military academy.  You are PRO hockey, not collegiate wannabes.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Oh god. I just shared the white glove info with a West Point cadet I used to mentor, thinking he would appreciate the ridiculousness of it all. He told me that his grandmother asked if the "pretty gray jerseys" she saw on the news were for West Point's lacrosse team, which he's on.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Great write-up on the Avalanche website that describes the reasons for the design decisions they made.  Never thought I'd say this but this team gets it.  I never knew the reasons behind their colour choices but now that I do, I appreciate them even more.  Well done :notworthy: .

Gone are the small black and white detail accents, which have been replaced with a bolder trim of silver to pay homage to the state's history in the silver mining industry.

The color scheme is based on the local panorama, including the lush earthy tone of the red rocks to the west, the deep blue sky visible most days out of the year and the myriad of snow-capped peaks that line the horizon.

QLOlM3f.jpg

2 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

The only way these white hockey gloves could be more ridiculous is if they equated them to the Keeper of the Cup's white gloves (which was sadly my original thought).

12 minutes ago, Bradbury said:

The only way these white hockey gloves could be more ridiculous is if they equated them to the Keeper of the Cup's white gloves (which was sadly my original thought).

But the Keepers of the Cup get to touch the Stanley Cup, Vegas won't touch it with those gloves. 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

5 hours ago, Morgo said:

That is the best road jersey in the league as far as I'm concerned.  I'm disappointed the uniforms don't match but at least it's closer now and their brilliant logo is no longer minimized.  Been a rough 10 years for the team but it looks like they're finally back on track.  Fingers crossed that the inevitable red alternate never gets upgraded to primary status.

I am so in love with the Wild's look home and away I'm considering becoming a fan. 

Not really. But yeah, beautiful.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Archived