NHL 2017-18

Bmac

Wasnt expecting this but LOVE the white gloves and against the grey it solidifies a unique look for the league. I originally thought that Vegas would look very very similar to the Ducks original 2006 rebrand (the color balance of the logos still are rather similar), but it just isn't the case, they have created their own aesthetic. Definitely impressed. People are bringing up a good point that they will get scuffed.... but white goalie pads get scuffed up too and no one really cares, it's part of the game.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

It's not even that they'll look awful on their own (they will), but they're going to look even worse about a month in when they're all scuffed to hell. Especially the centers.

You're right, they're going to look terrible. BU does white gloves and they are really mucked up by the end of the season. Here's a shot after about 40 or so games...

66241bf0-ae74-11e5-8933-0d37a12ff441_GettyImages-469431068.jpg

1 minute ago, MEANS said:

I set up all of the practice jersey graphics, they each feature the font from their name plate and I had to set them all by hand since they weren't "live fonts". 

Jeesh. Sounds like fun.....

2 hours ago, speedy said:

You're right, they're going to look terrible. BU does white gloves and they are really mucked up by the end of the season. Here's a shot after about 40 or so games...

66241bf0-ae74-11e5-8933-0d37a12ff441_GettyImages-469431068.jpg

Is this an example of them looking horrible or good still?  I can't tell.

1 minute ago, CreamSoda said:

Is this an example of them looking horrible or good still?  I can't tell.

I kinda like it.  College hockey has such a different aesthetic than pro hockey, though (most notable, school names on the front).  This is a great look for a college team.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

16 minutes ago, coltravesty said:

There's no way the NHL lets them use white gloves at home. 

Why would the NHL not let them wear white gloves?

3 hours ago, MEANS said:

I set up all of the practice jersey graphics, they each feature the font from their name plate and I had to set them all by hand since they weren't "live fonts". 

Well done! I especially like that the circle will show the name in the team font. Sounds extremely tedious, but the result is great.

1 minute ago, coltravesty said:

It's not traditional.

Having a team in Vegas is not traditional either.

If Sergei Federov played with white skates, I'm pretty sure the NHL will allow white gloves.

48 minutes ago, coltravesty said:

It's not traditional.

Doesn't matter if it's traditional or not. Most teams wouldn't go with the white gloves because they'll cite "tradition", but with a new team, anything goes. 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

Having a team in Vegas is not traditional either.

If Sergei Federov played with white skates, I'm pretty sure the NHL will allow white gloves.

Lol, the whole NHL's 31 clubs jerseys are not even traditional either too... shall we bring back the classic wool one and start calling it sweaters again?  Or let's go back to the traditional way having goalies ditch their masks and back to using wooden sticks, instead of composite ones? 

10 minutes ago, Shachihoko said:

Lol, the whole NHL's 31 clubs jerseys are not even traditional either too... shall we bring back the classic wool one and start calling it sweaters again?  Or let's go back to the traditional way having goalies ditch their masks and back to using wooden sticks, instead of composite ones? 

I have heard legitimate arguments for all of the above. The Hockey News actually argued for wooden sticks in 2004-05

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

1 minute ago, Mingjai said:

So then, white breezers in the late spring spring/early fall and grey breezers in the winter?

USMA-West-Point-graduation-2012-045.jpg

west%20point%20cadets%20march%20veterans

my personal favorite USMA coat:

Image result for army navy game

the Long Grey Line:

so long and thanks for all the fish.

Now every time this Mickey Mouse operation has another "Vegas Placeholder" or "shiny hockey" incident I'm gonna call them the Dumb Grey Line

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived