NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

I'm curious how the fanatics made jersey quality is going to be, and if it is worth getting the authentic. 

A rumor I've been hearing is that Adidas won't be making the made-in-Canada authentics available for sale.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

35 minutes ago, insert name said:

someone clarify so i'm not confused, will there be authentics to buy?

The price points announced with the Fanatics deal were US$170 for replicas, US$360 for adidas authentics. No idea if those will be actual, Canadian-made 7387 authentics, or if adidas will continue Reebok's ripoff model of making lower-grade Indonesian "authentics" available through most retailers, with the real deal only sold by a privileged few.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

1 hour ago, CRichardson said:

A rumor I've been hearing is that Adidas won't be making the made-in-Canada authentics available for sale.

Generally speaking, they're not available through normal retail right now. 

Meeting with our (now) Fanatics rep this week, supposed to have some samples with him. Will update if anything interesting comes down the line. 

1 minute ago, BrianLion said:

Devils working green back into the color scheme perhaps? 

With the way the team has been playing, it may make sense to look like that discombobulated mess of a franchise from the 80's...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Just now, JQK said:

With the way the team has been playing, it may make sense to look like that discombobulated mess of a franchise from the 80's...

well, at least they'd be distinguishable from the other 47 red/black teams in the NHL

1 minute ago, BrianLion said:

well, at least they'd be distinguishable from the other 47 red/black teams in the NHL

They are already. Outside of the Hawks, probably the best uniform on the ice. Classic and iconic. It's not their fault everyone tried to jump on the Red/Black bandwagon after them.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

2 minutes ago, BrianLion said:

Of course the counter that is, I immediately think "green" when I think of the Devil...

4 hours ago, Bmac said:

I thought it would be wise to create a separate thread for next season.

What we know:

-Adidas is taking over the production of the on-ice jerseys. Fanatics will produce the retail jerseys.

-Alternate jerseys will not be worn during the 2017/18 season.

-Edmonton Oilers will promote their orange 3rd jersey to full-time home status.

Rumors:

-New Jersey Devils are reported to have a redesign in store.

-Washington Capitals are rumored to be returning to the retro jerseys full time.

*edit- also if a mod could move the posts from the 2016/17 thread to this one, that would be cool.

there was a guy on tsn1040 last week saying the canucks might get a complete redesign, saying there are going to wrap the orca and go with Johnny Canucks and stick and rink

go to 4134 mark

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040-i-1410/bro-jake-and-dave-pratt-december-27-hour-4-1.639022

God, I hope the Capitals aren't serious about promoting those clown suits to primary status. Granted, their current uniforms suck as a whole, but at least they're more dated. What they need to do is promote the "W eagle" as the primary logo and just come up with something new for the uniforms (ones that don't include excessive piping and yoke).

If I could undo one uniform change it may very well be the Devils green to black change.  If they were to go back, I'd be ecstatic.  

That said, if the rumor of change is true, I'm more concerned they'll either mess with the logo or overhaul the stripping pattern.  In fact, I would guess they'd keep black and red, possibly add silver or something, keep the logo and screw up the stripes.  

Whatever they do with the colors, they need to keep a traditional template/style.  It's part of their brand.

(Though I still don't think a big change is coming)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

12 minutes ago, squamfan said:

there was a guy on tsn1040 last week saying the canucks might get a complete redesign, saying there are going to wrap the orca and go with Johnny Canucks and stick and rink

go to 4134 mark

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040-i-1410/bro-jake-and-dave-pratt-december-27-hour-4-1.639022

Unpopular, but I love the Orca. Just ditch the script over the primary and make the orca's body more navy than black. 

Johnny Canuck's face on the full-body alternate and the "V" alternate just throws me off. The head is too square and 2D on the full-body, and the flow with the white space in between the V as the neck doesn't look right. 

The Orca itself seems more "Pacific Northwest" to me (as I've never lived there), especially with the facial features that make it look similar to an animal head on a totem pole. 

From Michael Russo at the Minneapolis Star Tribune:

The Wild is in the midst of deciding whether to go with red or green home sweaters. If the Wild chooses green, which sounds probable, the jersey likely will be slightly redesigned from the current third jersey.

Make the home a green version of the current roads, and we're done here, boys.

Archived