NHL 2017-18

Bmac

13 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

I realize these are probably just computer-created images that mean nothing, but these are from a banner ad for the Fanatics Breakaway jersey on FansEdge. It looks like the Blackhawks' crest is mainly screenprinted twill with embroidered details. The Rangers' letters appear to be fully screened twill, possibly with some sort of textured print.

FE_Desk_062017_NHL_2-2.jpg

FE_Desk_062017_NHL_2-1.jpg

I hate Chinese counterfeits but I understand why people buy them...

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

I realize these are probably just computer-created images that mean nothing, but these are from a banner ad for the Fanatics Breakaway jersey on FansEdge. It looks like the Blackhawks' crest is mainly screenprinted twill with embroidered details. The Rangers' letters appear to be fully screened twill, possibly with some sort of textured print.

While the images may mean nothing at this point, they don't exactly fill me with confidence.  I will never try and justify counterfeiting but it's interesting how it was never an issue before Reebok started charging more money for a product of significantly less quality.  This trend continues if the Fanatic replica's resort to screen-printing and no 3D, holographic (or whatever the hell they're calling it) NHL shield will change that.

Still think that $200 for that Fanatics jersey is ridiculous.  

This will just drive the knock-off market even more.

I'm disgusted that this is happening.  It was not too long ago that a player jersey was $130 and the blank backs were $100.  Now it'll be $200 for a blank and around $265-$290 for a player jersey.  Ridiculous.

1 hour ago, tohasbo said:

I'm disgusted that this is happening.  It was not too long ago that a player jersey was $130 and the blank backs were $100.  Now it'll be $200 for a blank and around $265-$290 for a player jersey.  Ridiculous.

I always think about the 90s (nothing like a remember when story, amiright?)...blank CCM jerseys were ~$65 in the late 90s, which seemed expensive because Champion NBA jerseys were $40, NFL replica jerseys were $40 (before Reebok), and videogames were $40 brand new off the shelf.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Ah, 1995. NBA & NFL replicas were $40, NHL & IHL replicas were $80, and MLB replicas were $70.

Oh, and I made $4.25 an hour.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

6 hours ago, tohasbo said:

Still think that $200 for that Fanatics jersey is ridiculous.  

This will just drive the knock-off market even more.

Actually, that's incorrect...

The Golden Knights' Armoury Store are selling the blank Adidas Authentic jersey for $200, before tax... With numbers/name would be about $265

The Fanatics replica will be priced around $160 for a blank, and with numbers/name will be around $180-90

3 hours ago, Shachihoko said:

Actually, that's incorrect...

The Golden Knights' Armoury Store are selling the blank Adidas Authentic jersey for $200, before tax... With numbers/name would be about $265

The Fanatics replica will be priced around $160 for a blank, and with numbers/name will be around $180-90

NHL customization through the years has always been about $50-70.  Highly doubt lettering will be $20-30. 

And there's no way Fanatics will sell a blank replica for $160.  It will be closer to $120-130 USD. Replicas need to be marketed for the consumer...if they are priced at $160, and indo-authentics are $200, people will have an easier time paying an extra $40 rather than an extra $80.

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

NHL customization through the years has always been about $50-70.  Highly doubt lettering will be $20-30. 

And there's no way Fanatics will sell a blank replica for $160.  It will be closer to $120-130 USD. Replicas need to be marketed for the consumer...if they are priced at $160, and indo-authentics are $200, people will have an easier time paying an extra $40 rather than an extra $80.

This is where I read about the pricing on here: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/news/fanatics-logo-not-adidas-will-be-on-nhl-replica-jerseys-145005873.html

"When you buy a replica NHL jersey (for around $169.99), you will get a Fanatics logo on it. You’ll need to buy an authentic jersey (for around $359.99) to get the Adidas logo that’s on the sweaters the pros wear."

Since they did mentioned that $359.99 for a Pro, which is incorrect.. Unless, if they are actually selling what's the Pros wear...? 

1 hour ago, Shachihoko said:

This is where I read about the pricing on here: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/news/fanatics-logo-not-adidas-will-be-on-nhl-replica-jerseys-145005873.html

"When you buy a replica NHL jersey (for around $169.99), you will get a Fanatics logo on it. You’ll need to buy an authentic jersey (for around $359.99) to get the Adidas logo that’s on the sweaters the pros wear."

Since they did mentioned that $359.99 for a Pro, which is incorrect.. Unless, if they are actually selling what's the Pros wear...? 

Yeah, that article seems dubious, and it's 8 months old.  A number of teams are pre-selling indo-authentics for around the $200 price point you mentioned.

Is that the Canadian $ price or something? Retail authentics are not going to cost that much. Although they are already suspect from what I've seen with the flat hem and Adidas dot logo on the hem.

Although I honestly can't trust any level of jersey right now. The numbers on the Connor McDavid jersey they showed off at his press event were absolutely horrid, and they probably gave him an on-ice honest-to-god authentic to wear. I thought Adidas got thoroughly ridiculed for the "paper towel" look in college basketball and football but I guess not.

1zgyd8w.jpg

Every new bit of info that comes out about the retail options for these makes me grateful I stocked up on Leafs Reebok sweaters when I was in Ontario a week ago. 

It's not even like Reebok's replicas were anything special. Compared to this nonsense though? They might as well be the old CCM replicas. 

Let's just hope that the only ugly things we will see happens at the All-Star break.  

At the same time, I was really hoping that Nike got the apparel contract and not the garbage adidas/Fanatics nonsense we will need to deal with for who knows how long.  If not Nike then I would have hope for Under Armour or something else like that.

On 7/7/2017 at 4:14 PM, Morgo said:

The shoulder patches had better be embroidered this time around.  Those cheap plastic ones the edge replica's used were unforgivable, especially when you factor in the markup on the price.  They were often the difference between a purchase and a pass.

I know they were for me. The only Reebok replica I allowed anyone to purchase for me was the Blue Jackets alternates. The reason - those jerseys didn't have shoulder patches. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

I know I'm beating a dead horse here but...

Does anyone remember the CCM/Koho, Starter, and Nike replicas? Sure, you didn't have the fight strap. And not everything was stitched on. Still? The logos were and the prices were reasonable. 

The plastic shoulder patches on the Reebok replicas felt like a slap in the face back in '07. They seem like a step up from what Fanatics is going to give us though. 

Archived