NHL 2017-18

Bmac

9 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

I know I'm beating a dead horse here but...

Does anyone remember the CCM/Koho, Starter, and Nike replicas? Sure, you didn't have the fight strap. And not everything was stitched on. Still? The logos were and the prices were reasonable. 

The plastic shoulder patches on the Reebok replicas felt like a slap in the face back in '07. They seem like a step up from what Fanatics is going to give us though. 

I still search for CCM/Koho replica jerseys on ebay because of the decent quality.  Never bought a Reebok replica (not yet anyway, and if I did, it'd be due to low price).  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Does anyone remember the CCM/Koho, Starter, and Nike replicas? Sure, you didn't have the fight strap. And not everything was stitched on. Still? The logos were and the prices were reasonable. 

The plastic shoulder patches on the Reebok replicas felt like a slap in the face back in '07. They seem like a step up from what Fanatics is going to give us though. 

Those CCM/Koho replicas were amazing.  The only Reebok replica I bought at Marshall's for $15.  I stocked up on ebay last spring and found the ONE authentic Lightning jersey I wanted.  Its the blue alt from around 2011 with the current Bolt logo on the shoulder.  So rare because it was only worn one season, found a goalie cut 58 on ebay and had to snag it.

The CCM/Koho replica's were of such high quality that sometimes they looked better than their authentic counterparts.  The thinner materials used to make the crests often made the embroidery more detailed and precise.  Nothing about them looked cheap and I remember it being somewhat of a shock the first time I saw an Edge replica on sale.  It wasn't just the plastic shoulder patches either.  The hem-slits and jock tags were obtrusive and unnecessary while flimsy, easily-wrinkled materials plagued the back & side panels.  As a result; I only ended up buying two of the premier replica's, replacing the shoulder patches on one of them.  If what we're hearing is true, I probably won't buy a single Fanatics replica and I love buying jerseys.  If their quality was akin to the old CCM's I'd pick up a burgundy Avalanche in a heartbeat :( .

All this talk is bringing me back to a time when I collected jerseys, probably middle school through high school mostly. I can still remember going to MVP Sports and finding a KOHO dark Avalanche jersey and how exciting it was to get. Also how they had a good selection of teams. Now all I can find around here is Bruins, which I have plenty of. And the prices are so much more that I can't afford to get any anymore. Kids, they ruin everything... 

15 hours ago, Morgo said:

The CCM/Koho replica's were of such high quality that sometimes they looked better than their authentic counterparts.  The thinner materials used to make the crests often made the embroidery more detailed and precise.  Nothing about them looked cheap and I remember it being somewhat of a shock the first time I saw an Edge replica on sale.  It wasn't just the plastic shoulder patches either.  The hem-slits and jock tags were obtrusive and unnecessary while flimsy, easily-wrinkled materials plagued the back & side panels.  As a result; I only ended up buying two of the premier replica's, replacing the shoulder patches on one of them.  If what we're hearing is true, I probably won't buy a single Fanatics replica and I love buying jerseys.  If their quality was akin to the old CCM's I'd pick up a burgundy Avalanche in a heartbeat :( .

The Blue Jackets are having a 50% off sale on all their reebok jerseys and I gave it some thought and still wouldn't buy one. I'm going to be driving past their team store this weekend and I doubt I'll stop in. The rbk replicas are that bad. 

I never got used to the hem slits. and those became just as irksome as the plastic shoulder patches after a while. The jock tags were relatively easy to remove, but most fans didn't. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Why exactly did they 86 the Yeti foot, anyway??

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

4 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

Because it's hokey perfect and goofy good lookin. And they're stupid

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

On 7/10/2017 at 3:19 PM, Ice_Cap said:

got this Penguins jersey:

y8eflemz5kb6rzgxeig0.gif

back in the spring of 2007 (when it was on sell at the rink i played at) for around $45 (it was the replica one). 

so long and thanks for all the fish.

8 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

Because they wanted to put the Colorado C on the jerseys.  Colorado pride is real strong right now. 

The problem with that decision is that the style of the Colorado logo is completely different from the style of the primary.  The footprint on the other hand duplicated the skewed circle and was a better fit overall.  The way it was primarily metallic was also really eye-catching.  That being said, the Colorado logo doesn't look bad and I'm certainly thankful they dropped the navy in favour of black.  The last thing their palette needed was another colour.

On 7/10/2017 at 3:19 PM, Ice_Cap said:

the CCM replicas of old didn't cost you an arm and a leg (not like today's jerseys).  there is a reason why people are getting knockoffs now (which would you pay for, $40 for a knockoff jersey, or at what the current cost is going to be, which would be about $100 more).  i wouldn't buy a knockoff (because you don't know where the money is going to) but a lot of people do.  

so long and thanks for all the fish.

Searching for "Pro Player jersey" on eBay will also serve you well. The most comfortable replica jersey you'll ever own.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I like the Oilers oranges a little better than when I saw them the first time, but I feel like, if they had to go orange full-time, there's a sweet spot between the too-dark navy they went with and the too-bright royal they used last season. Of course, nothing was wrong with their primary set last year, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Archived