NHL 2017-18

Bmac

19 minutes ago, VikWings said:

Came to say this lol. That's immediately what I thought of when I seen that Preds logo.

Same. And they don't even sell those chips in Texas. I'm trying to figure out if I remember it from New York as a kid or Alabama as a kid.... Sure ain't Texas.

That logo is so similar that it honestly reminded me of a potato chip bag that I haven't even seen for over twenty years.

How that got approved, I do not know.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still a whole lot better than their 10th logo, though.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Preds have never really had a decent logo at all in their entire existence though.

The fossil skull was the closest but people didn't seem to like it because it was a dead version of their mascot.

I mean, so is the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and people think that's pretty bad ass... So I dunno.

2 hours ago, ColeJ said:

Preds have never really had a decent logo at all in their entire existence though.

The fossil skull was the closest but people didn't seem to like it because it was a dead version of their mascot.

I mean, so is the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and people think that's pretty bad ass... So I dunno.

I guess I'm weird because I think the current Preds logo is one of the better NHL logos. Hell, it's one of my favorite all-time sports logos. 

I never did like the skull. 

12 hours ago, bowld said:

Pretty gross 20th anniv patch for Nashville 

cut.jpg

I think it's quite fitting actually. This is how I imagined the eyes looked of all the Pittsburgh haters, and bandwagon Preds fans, who were watching the Stanley Cup and thinking... THE NHL IS RIGGING THE FINALS FOR THE PENS!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

; )

16 hours ago, bowld said:

Pretty gross 20th anniv patch for Nashville 

cut.jpg

"As a fan, I'm not a fan."

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

4 hours ago, Viola73 said:

I think it's quite fitting actually. This is how I imagined the eyes looked of all the Pittsburgh haters, and bandwagon Preds fans, who were watching the Stanley Cup and thinking... THE NHL IS RIGGING THE FINALS FOR THE PENS!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

; )

Image result for eye roll gif

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as the logo goes, I think it's alright. Not amazing, but definitely not bad either. My one big gripe is the font choice for the 2, maybe even using the jersey font would have looked better. 

spacer.png

So the Devils signed their No. 1 pick and unveiled him with his number on a jersey... a jersey with a hem stripe.... a Reebok jersey with a hemstripe...

IMG_4961.JPG.52115b431bf31ee5b2610ecb94a08d6a.JPG

Heh.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

1 hour ago, Still MIGHTY said:

So the Devils signed their No. 1 pick and unveiled him with his number on a jersey... a jersey with a hem stripe.... a Reebok jersey with a hemstripe...

IMG_4961.JPG.52115b431bf31ee5b2610ecb94a08d6a.JPG

Heh.

The sleeve stripes confirm that is a jersey left over from last year (assuming that the post is about the rumors that surfaced here a week or two ago)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

As much as I'd love to read into that, it's probably not a huge deal. I've seen a few pictures of teams having players at fan events wearing Reebok stuff from last year. The Adidas stuff probably isn't readily available yet.  Who knows, until we hear a definitive word 

Adidas stuff isn't available yet, even to the teams. The only new thing any of the players or staff had here in Tampa for the development camp was the draft hat. 

Have any teams but the Knights used the new practice jersey for their camp? They may be the only ones who have it and that's out of necessity. 

Too bad. Those new Devils jerseys don't even look good in a vacuum.  If you want your uniform to have large, bold sleeve stripes, you don't pair them up with a thin outline on the hem that uses a colour that barely contrasts with the uniform's base.  You also don't throw away a look that has seen three championships to pay homage to a team that hasn't won anything.

The "Adidas stuff isn't ready yet" is possible, but didn't they give this kid an adidas jersey at the draft?  Teams had to have a handful of adidas jerseys then...

The really weird part is Hischier is wearing #33 at the developmental camp...so he got two different Reebok jerseys from last yerar, 13 & 33.

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2017/07/nico_hischier_signs_entry-level_contract_what_numb.html

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 hours ago, WSU151 said:

The "Adidas stuff isn't ready yet" is possible, but didn't they give this kid an adidas jersey at the draft?  Teams had to have a handful of adidas jerseys then...

The really weird part is Hischier is wearing #33 at the developmental camp...so he got two different Reebok jerseys from last yerar, 13 & 33.

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2017/07/nico_hischier_signs_entry-level_contract_what_numb.html

Players in development camps are typically just assigned numbers and most players don't change until they make the team. There are some notable players that have just kept their rookie numbers like Marchand (63) Subban (76) Skinner (53) Kadri (43) etc

Archived