NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Morgo said:

Anniversary logo in embroidered form.  Is it just me or does that shoulder patch look plastic like on the Premier Replicas?

2Q1EEf5.jpglGgr3TH.jpg

The shoulder does look like it's screened...but maybe you can see embroidery ridges at the bottom of the letters (??)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I've been flip-flopping on whether or not I actually like that the Oilers are changing colors and uniforms.

A part of me feels that this is such a cash grab. The Oilers finally get back to being contenders and they ditch the classic look? Man, I just don't like that. 

XM4KeeA.png

That shoulder patch is definitely screened twill, sewn onto the jersey. Same treatment as the old Reebok replicas.

If that's what $200 gets you now, what kind of trash are those Fanatics jerseys gonna be at $130?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

So here's another thing I don't get about the supposed tiers of jerseys: We've got Fanatics Replica, Adidas Fauxthentic. and Adidas Actual Authentic Made In Canada. Now, the actual authentics are allegedly not going to be made for sale. So if that's the case, and if these new uniforms are all about speed and performance and weight reduction, why not just fully sublimate the dang things? There's your hockey sweater, lighter than ever, more comfortable than ever because it doesn't bunch up around several large sewn-on elements. If you don't have to worry about stuff like perceptions of value to the consumer because you aren't actually selling this outside of those who use it as a work uniform, why are you keeping the counterproductive doodads on it?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'm sure Adidas tried and the teams said no. 

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

8 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

So here's another thing I don't get about the supposed tiers of jerseys: We've got Fanatics Replica, Adidas Fauxthentic. and Adidas Actual Authentic Made In Canada. Now, the actual authentics are allegedly not going to be made for sale. So if that's the case, and if these new uniforms are all about speed and performance and weight reduction, why not just fully sublimate the dang things? There's your hockey sweater, lighter than ever, more comfortable than ever because it doesn't bunch up around several large sewn-on elements. If you don't have to worry about stuff like perceptions of value to the consumer because you aren't actually selling this outside of those who use it as a work uniform, why are you keeping the counterproductive doodads on it?

Oddly...Reebok did this with the chrome-looking Stadium series crests a few years ago, right?  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

8 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

Thats sort of what some soccer teams have done, to cut down on chafing.  But they keep embroidering the badges on all retail versions because the real things look too cheap.

My guess is that sublimating all the elements will mean they don't look quite the same as the "authentics" offered for sale.   And that everybody in the industry knows that the whole "lighter!" thing is total nonsense. 

4 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Thats sort of what some soccer teams have done, to cut down on chafing.  But they keep embroidering the badges on all retail versions because the real things look too cheap.

My guess is that sublimating all the elements will mean they don't look quite the same as the "authentics" offered for sale.   And that everybody in the industry knows that the whole "lighter!" thing is total nonsense. 

Exactly, i was looking at soccer jerseys at nike.com, and the game jersey cost twice as much as the replicas, but the game jerseys, as you said, had pressed on logos. it´s the complete opposite as the world we know :blink:

I wonder what exactly makes those game jerseys so expensive

1 hour ago, Surf said:

Exactly, i was looking at soccer jerseys at nike.com, and the game jersey cost twice as much as the replicas, but the game jerseys, as you said, had pressed on logos. it´s the complete opposite as the world we know :blink:

I wonder what exactly makes those game jerseys so expensive

The fact that it's the same as what their favorite players wear. There is a lot of value for that to customers. It's not what it's worth for the manufacturer to produce it.

Archived